Jun 07 2014
By: MEXICAN_BOYY21 First Son 1 posts

Make online free

[ Edited ]
179 replies 875 views Edited Jun 7, 2014

Sony needs to make online free

Mod Edit:  Updated Title. Please click here to review the Rules of Conduct. Thanks! - Platima

Message 1 of 180 (875 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Re: FREE ONLINE

Jun 7, 2014
You'd be surprised actually how many games you don't need ps plus for. Though my wallet would personally love your idea haha. However I personally find ps plus to be awesome, I love the deals it gives you and the free games you receive. It often allows me play games that I normally wouldn't have considered or possibly even heard of.
Message 2 of 180 (871 Views)
Gaming Beast
2124 posts

Jun 7, 2014

or u can get a job

Message 3 of 180 (843 Views)
Fender Bender
4083 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014

This has been a hot button issue for me. I honestly feel like Microsoft got what they deserved when they tried to charge for online multiplayer (PC gamers told Microsoft to get lost). EA and THQ also got what they deserved for using online passes (a bad reputation and going bankrupt respectively). I'm actually disappointed in Sony for using PS+ as online pass 2.0 (now targeting everyone and requires a subscription fee). As for those who enjoy PS+, good for you. Just don't shove it into the faces of others.

Tea_l3aggins wrote:

or u can get a job

Or better yet, buy games preowned to save $5 that goes towards the subscription fee and give other companies a reason to chew Sony out over this. I have considered that possibility myself. As for why it's an issue, it's not the price, it's the principle. I hated this policy when Microsoft did it. I won't make an exception for Sony just because they offer random promotional games that are tied to your premium subscription.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 4 of 180 (842 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 7, 2014

Personally, I'm on board with it. It's cheap enough that I feel I get back way more than I put into it.

Message 5 of 180 (837 Views)
Gaming Beast
2124 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014

Tea_l3aggins wrote:

or u can get a job

Or better yet, buy games preowned to save $5 that goes towards the subscription fee and give other companies a reason to chew Sony out over this. I have considered that possibility myself. As for why it's an issue, it's not the price, it's the principle. I hated this policy when Microsoft did it. I won't make an exception for Sony just because they offer random promotional games that are tied to your premium subscription.

well i have been on the 360 online bagwagon since the beggining.. and jthen switching to ps4 and using there service for the first time.. and holy jeeeeebus do i feel robbed by micro$oft..  you are haten on the wrong company.  for like 20$ i got a couple months of PS+ and like 10 free games.  and actual good awesome games like Shadow of the Collusos, 1 of my fav games ever.  

shoot more than i ever got from M$.  u say itsthe principle?  dufuq u talkn about? lol..  something u think should be free when servers cost money.  they lost 5billion because of it o.O  i thought it was stupid of them to not charge anything at all.  

best things in life aint free.  some of my best gaming moments were on the consoles online.   u missed out on some great **bleep** moments for something so pety.. but then again not every1 likes online gaming.  

Message 6 of 180 (829 Views)
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Jun 7, 2014

no free is a bad idea. I pay for gold and ps+ both are well worth it. The online and voice are a bit better on gold imo but the free games are nice here. Though free games with gold on x1 just rolled and is nice too.

Message 7 of 180 (818 Views)
Survivor
2358 posts

Re: Make online free

Jun 7, 2014

i had this argument a few months ago, people know i'm not fond of PS4's pay wall. but think about this, PS3, and Vita that basically have most of the games on PS4 are still free. and after PS3 is long gone Vita will still have free online because its a WiFi set up. basically PS4 people are the only ones paying. i don't get why people are ok with this.

Message 8 of 180 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2124 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

i had this argument a few months ago, people know i'm not fond of PS4's pay wall. but think about this, PS3, and Vita that basically have most of the games on PS4 are still free. and after PS3 is long gone Vita will still have free online because its a WiFi set up. basically PS4 people are the only ones paying. i don't get why people are ok with this.

Servers dude.  I have the **bleep**tiest connection ever and i run smoooooth as butter playing on ps4.. but on my 360 i lagg every now n then. i would cough up a few bucks for a smoother experience.

Message 9 of 180 (806 Views)
Survivor
2358 posts

Jun 7, 2014

Tea_l3aggins wrote:

Servers dude.  I have the **bleep**tiest connection ever and i run smoooooth as butter playing on ps4.. but on my 360 i lagg every now n then. i would cough up a few bucks for a smoother experience.

so your ok with paying while other people don't have to?

Message 10 of 180 (801 Views)
0 Likes