Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2014
By: da1writer PlayStation MVP 4856 posts

Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4 being discussed internally ;)

[ Edited ]
29 replies 315 views Edited Mar 4, 2014

http://b-ten.com/mass-effect-next-gen/

No thanks to B-TEN.com content coordinator and Bioware QA tester Jesse Taylor, we now know that the original Mass Effect Trilogy may be remastered for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The question comes from @shinobi602 on Twitter who, on December 9th of last year asked the following question:

What do you guys think about releasing an ME Trilogy remaster for PS4/XB1? 1080p/high-res textures/60fps, etc? :smileyhappy:@YanickRRoy @AarynFlynn

Until yesterday, no one had responded with even a remotely straightforward answer. Oddly enough, Aaryn Flynn the general manager of Bioware’s Edmonton and Montreal studios responded with, “We have discussed that internally. If we can put solid plans together we’ll share. Great to hear you’re keen”.

@shinobi602 @YanickRRoy We have discussed that internally. If we can put solid plans together we'll share. Great to hear you're keen

While the timing wouldn’t make sense to most, considering it took three months for Flynn to respond to the tweet, Jesse Taylor reported to us last month that he was heading to Edmonton for a business trip of sorts. Perhaps Bioware wanted to inform their employees of this potential remastering before releasing anything to the public.

Even with this information at hand, it’s impossible to tell how much time and resources this could take away from the company’s work on the next true installment to the Mass Effect franchise. Apparently, it took 6 months to bring Mass Effect 3 alone to the Wii U which, quite frankly, did not pay off as well as EA had intended. Microsoft also mentioned last week that they were interested in producing an anniversary edition of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which Bioware would respectively take part in.

Nonetheless, Bioware has proven itself as a competent game developer that can assuredly handle the stress of producing all of these games at once.

Message 1 of 30 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1177 posts

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4 being discussed internally ;)

Mar 4, 2014

Mass Effect 3 came out on the WiiU? What the...when did that happen?

Message 2 of 30 (312 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3676 posts

Mar 4, 2014

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

Mass Effect 3 came out on the WiiU? What the...when did that happen?

It was a launch title for the Wii U . I hope they bring them to the PS4 because I would def play through them again. I don't see it happening anytime soon though.

Message 3 of 30 (308 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25463 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Here's an apt question; WHY? Anyone who has wanted to play these has already by now. Seriously, don't complain about how developers are "out of ideas" when all people want are ports and remasters.

Message 4 of 30 (293 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Mar 4, 2014
I haven't played those games yet and would consider the trilogy for PS4
Message 5 of 30 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
653 posts

Mar 4, 2014
I played through all games many times
I want new games not old games
Message 6 of 30 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Mar 4, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Here's an apt question; WHY? Anyone who has wanted to play these has already by now. Seriously, don't complain about how developers are "out of ideas" when all people want are ports and remasters.

I have it on my 360 the triology and would glady buy it again on my xbox one or ps4

Message 7 of 30 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Mar 4, 2014

didn't ike the ending. may just by pass.

Message 8 of 30 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1389 posts

Mar 4, 2014

I'd rather they spend the time and resources on Mass Effect 4 or another IP. 

XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP, according to Netflix.
Message 9 of 30 (247 Views)
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Mar 4, 2014

I played them and enjoyed them. Heck I still play ME3 multi player with people but I would rather they focus on new stuff. It's not like they look bad on last gen. They look great as is. Time to move forward. 

Message 10 of 30 (242 Views)
0 Likes