Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 10 2014
By: Wikiality Sackboy 476 posts

Massive Leak/rumor about Remastered TLOU Project Morpheus, Sony's VR Headset

[ Edited ]
24 replies 766 views Edited Apr 10, 2014

I don't know if this rumor/leak was discussed on these forums, but rereading it, I was struck by this quote...

"He mentioned that Sony is already well into developing both a remastered version of The Last of Us for the PS4, and another first person version of the game ground up for the Morpheus."

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/20vzid/massive_information_leak_regarding_sonys_vr/

I didn't really take this "leak" as anything more than a rumor when I read it the first time, but after the remastered TLOU got leaked, I'm a lot more convinced that this leak might actually be the real deal!

What do you guys think? Is it too far out there?

The remastered version of TLOU could have been a lucky guess, but at the poster's use of the word "remastered" is what struck me as too much to be a coincidence.

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary labels. Check here for more information. Thanks! - Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 25 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Message 2 of 25 (756 Views)
Survivor
2191 posts

Re: Massive Leak/rumor about Remastered TLOU Project Morpheus, Sony's VR Headset

Apr 10, 2014
He is talking about project Morpheus TLOU release, which sound awesome.
Message 3 of 25 (751 Views)
Sackboy
476 posts

Re: Massive Leak/rumor about Remastered TLOU Project Morpheus, Sony's VR Headset

Apr 10, 2014

That's what is so cool. I was 60% sure this leak was fake when it was first posted last month.

But now that The Last of Us Remastered edition was officially confirmed by Sony yesterday, I am a lot more inclined to believe that the leak might be real deal.

I would be willing to throw it out as a coincidence/lucky guess if it wasn't for the fact that the poster specifically used the words "remastered" which ended up being the actual name of the game!

Message 4 of 25 (737 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Wikiality wrote:

That's what is so cool. I was 60% sure this leak was fake when it was first posted last month.

But now that The Last of Us Remastered edition was officially confirmed by Sony yesterday, I am a lot more inclined to believe that the leak might be real deal.

I would be willing to throw it out as a coincidence/lucky guess if it wasn't for the fact that the poster specifically used the words "remastered" which ended up being the actual name of the game!

Well I mean what else would it be called? That's what most ports are called.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 25 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Tomb Raider was called Definitive Edition.

Most releases get called Game of Year edition.

I have also seen games called Ultimate edition, Complete edition, Director's Cut lots of different things.

Honestly, TLOU is the first time I've heard of a rerelease called the Remastered edition, terms like GOTY edition, Complete edition, Definitive edition, Ultimate edition are a lot more common. So I think it's quite intriguing that the leaker disclosed over 3 weeks ago, not only that this game exists, but even disclosed the name it would have. It makes a VR edition for the Morpheus much more likely to be real.

Message 6 of 25 (717 Views)
MVP Support
12342 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Wikiality wrote:

Tomb Raider was called Definitive Edition.

Most releases get called Game of Year edition.

I have also seen games called Ultimate edition, Complete edition, lots of different things.

Honestly, TLOU is the first time I've heard of a rerelease called the Remastered edition, terms like GOTY edition, Complete edition, Definitive edition, Ultimate edition are a lot more common. So I think it's quite intriguing that the leaker disclosed over 3 weeks ago, not only that this game exists, but even disclosed the name it would have. It makes a VR edition for the Morpheus much more likely to be real.

"Definitive Edition" is the only one that's an actual PORT with updated graphics

The rest you mentioned are names given to games that are re-releases on the same generation with added DLC

Most games that are "remastered" are just called "HD Editions", but since TLOU was already HD when it came out, they can leave out the "HD" part and just call it a "remaster" (whereas games like FFX/X-2 are HD Remasters)

Message 7 of 25 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2191 posts

Apr 10, 2014
I haven't heard of too many remastered editions and wouldn't have bet money that it would have been called that. I think the fact he was right about the name 3 weeks ago (when a lot of people were saying it would never happen) gives him a little more credibility.
Message 8 of 25 (699 Views)
MVP Support
12342 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Evan297 wrote:
I haven't heard of too many remastered editions and wouldn't have bet money that it would have been called that. I think the fact he was right about the name 3 weeks ago (when a lot of people were saying it would never happen) gives him a little more credibility.

Again, that's because

1. Currently only two games have received a "Remaster" with both versions being "HD" (Tomb Raider and now TLOU)

2. The games that did get remasters that weren't on PS3/Xbox 360, were called "HD Editions" or "HD Collections", because they were remastered to HD (And were previously SD)

3. The other "editions" you see are not upgraded graphically (Ultimate Editions, GOTY Editions), they just include prior DLC and whatnot.

4. Even though Tomb Raider used "Definitive" edition, you would still describe it as a "Remastered" edition of the 2013 game.

Message 9 of 25 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

I think it's a stretch to call it a coincidence that not only does the game indeed exist as leaked but that it has the same name as was used in the leak.

It's cool though. I know that you're just doing your job as a Sony MVP.

This is a pretty massive leak with fairly wide implications, and I doubt Sony wants either Facebook/Oculus or Microsoft to know what they are planning with the Morpheus. It would be in Sony's best interest for this leak to get swept under the rug or have it's credibility undermined and dismissed.

I just ask that the mods kindly refrain from locking or deleting this topic in order to sweep this rumor under the rug. It's out there, on the internet and will probably be discussed on lots of other gaming forums as well. Actions by Sony to remove it or clamp down on it will only serve to add to it's credibility.

Message 10 of 25 (693 Views)