Ghost of Sparta
12149 posts

Re: Mercenary Kings... What an awful game.

Apr 2, 2014
Why aren't people allowed to come here and make an opinion? OP doesn't like the game, there is no need for sarcastic and snarky comments
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 11 of 183 (902 Views)
Fender Bender
2960 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2014

Don't blame the dev, blame psn. You would think they'd have better games for the ps4. Instead we get this a crappy NES like game and its not even a N-64 like game. You would expect a hell a lot more from a next gen console.

If I wanted to go back 30 years in gaming I would dust off my NES and I certainly wouldn't play this crap. Plus on the ps4 is not worth the money at all now. I think we should get a refund for every month they do this nonsense. Just what are these people thinking?

PapaMac67 wrote:

Have been waiting for this game for a few weeks now...downloaded and played MK for about 2 hours...promptly uninstalled. What an awful game. I blame the developer...this could/should have been a good one. Clunky controls, lose 3 lives and fail mission, move 2 inches and all enemies respawn, frustrating gameplay. I tried the mission "Camp Makeover"  and failed? Your asked to get 2 pelts among other things in 10 minutes...I killed like 50 **bleep** foxes and pig things and  got 1 pelt? ...then ran out of time? **bleep** is up with that? Are pelts just randomely given up when the game feels like it? No explanation.

It shouldn't be impossible to complete a basic mission like this...tried it several time and always get 1 pelt? I tried "Guns and Blades" too. ..constantly reloading the pistol and getting killed, can't shoot diagonely so keep getting killed by those flying robot things...wanted to throw the controleer thru my TV....UNINSTALL! IMHO this game blows in its current form....glad i got it for free,

Mod Edit: Updated Labels and modified thread title for clarity. Check here for more information.  Also added breaks to body of text. Want to learn more about Forum Rules of Conduct? Click here. -Super_Nova2k13

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 12 of 183 (891 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6006 posts

Apr 2, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Why aren't people allowed to come here and make an opinion? OP doesn't like the game, there is no need for sarcastic and snarky comments

Why aren't we alowed to do both?

:smileytongue:

Message 13 of 183 (871 Views)
Limit Breaker
25309 posts

Apr 2, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

PS1

PS1Crash.jpg

PS2

PS2sc.png

PS3

Ps3 screen shot.jpg

PS4

ps4 snes.jpg

One of these things just doesn't belong here....

for 5-10 bucks? why not? if it's fun and not over priced i love time killing fun games. 

i get tired of dying in Dark Souls 2, i boot up tower fall and have some relaxing zanny fun for a lil bit.

get tired of killzone multiplayer, play merc kings for a lil break in the blistering action of helgan/isa killing.

its all about value and fun not just about graphics every single time. now i don't think PS4 should be littered with games like these but salt and peppered in is cool.

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 14 of 183 (865 Views)
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I have to agree ths game is so bad.

Message 15 of 183 (842 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14223 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

Geez. What do people want from Plus? Full games from launch? 

Plus typically gives games that are not making much money anymore, but are still good games that many probably missed out on. Sony goes to these publishers and they pay them however much. Sometimes, like with BF3, the publisher hopes to make money off the new users buying DLC. 

When PS4s are selling like hotcakes and there not being a ton of games on shelves, the publishers will continue to make profits off of their game. There is no reason for EA to give BF4 for free since it is still making money.

Indie games are easy to get on Plus since the potential profit is smaller than with a game like BF4. Sony can make deals more easily and the indie developers take a smaller risk (Sony gives them however much money and they do not need to worry as much about how it sells) 

More AAA titles will come with time. Stop whining so much. You bought into the system early and this is how it goes.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 16 of 183 (831 Views)
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I knew the game was bad from previously playing it on Steam months ago but downloaded it anyway because it is free.  Right from the title screen with the gimped audio cutting in and out (unless that's just something with my download, which I doubt) to the annoying level design and re-spawning enemies it has since been deleted.

Besides it seemed like it was really taxing the PS4's CPU with all those hi-res pixels :smileyindifferent: 

Message 17 of 183 (827 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12801 posts

Apr 3, 2014

strider367 wrote:

Don't blame the dev, blame psn. You would think they'd have better games for the ps4. Instead we get this a crappy NES like game and its not even a N-64 like game. You would expect a hell a lot more from a next gen console.

you should also blame Steam 

Screenshot_3.jpg

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 18 of 183 (825 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14223 posts

Apr 3, 2014

CuttyCantHang wrote:

I knew the game was bad from previously playing it on Steam months ago but downloaded it anyway because it is free.  Right from the title screen with the gimped audio cutting in and out (unless that's just something with my download, which I doubt) to the annoying level design and re-spawning enemies it has since been deleted.

Besides it seemed like it was really taxing the PS4's CPU with all those hi-res pixels :smileyindifferent: 

Why should a game have to be taxing on a system's hardware to warrant a download? A good game is a good game. Regardless of this being fun or not to you, the technical achievements are not a blow to a game that is stylized.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 19 of 183 (821 Views)
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Apr 3, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

CuttyCantHang wrote:

Why should a game have to be taxing on a system's hardware to warrant a download? A good game is a good game. Regardless of this being fun or not to you, the technical achievements are not a blow to a game that is stylized.

I never said that.  It was a joke, thus the smiley.  

Message 20 of 183 (814 Views)
0 Likes