May 31 2005
By: ChuckS.~ Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

63 replies 2 views Edited May 31, 2005
Is the PS3 that hard to program for?

Tom Bramwell 09:51 31/05/2005

Kojima dines out on next-gen.

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has weighed in on the battle of the next generation consoles, stressing their diversity and cautioning that he is "not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting" on PlayStation 3 - the platform for which his Konami subsidiary Kojima Productions is developing the next Metal Gear Solid title.

Speaking in an online interview, Kojima-san said Xbox 360 was "a little bit more down to earth...so people maybe can join easily to start creating on the 360," while on the Nintendo Revolution front the DS connectivity and downloadable back catalogue give him "the impression that the developers could create games on less budget".

Kojima-san then launched into a lengthy analogy about having dinner to clarify his thoughts. "PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary," he said, whereas Xbox 360 would be something you had "two or three times a month" and Revolution "is the kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".

"The point is that they are all individualistic dinners," he said, and as a result it is all about choice. For Kojima-san, the next-generation conflict is about "how much the dinner will be...will it be worth the cost...where can I have this dinner".
Message 1 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005
Hideo stirring the pot as always.
Don't read to much into it.
Message 2 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

May 31, 2005
well i hope sony gets enough 3rd party support
Message 3 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

May 31, 2005
this isnt good news...
Message 4 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

May 31, 2005
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 

In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.

Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.

Now, if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are allegeric to lobster. 
Message 5 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

May 31, 2005
He's trying to say that making game for the PS3 is longer since it has a 54GB BD.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 6 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10347 posts

May 31, 2005

Chuck S. wrote:
Is the PS3 that hard to program for?

Tom Bramwell 09:51 31/05/2005

Kojima dines out on next-gen.

Metal,Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has weighed in on the battle of the,next generation consoles, stressing their diversity and cautioning that,he is "not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony,is expecting" on PlayStation 3 - the platform for which his Konami,subsidiary Kojima Productions is developing the next Metal Gear Solid,title.

Speaking in an online interview, Kojima-san said Xbox,360 was "a little bit more down to earth...so people maybe can join,easily to start creating on the 360," while on the Nintendo Revolution,front the DS connectivity and downloadable back catalogue give him "the,impression that the developers could create games on less budget".

Kojima-san,then launched into a lengthy analogy about having dinner to clarify his,thoughts. "PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year or,twice a year on your anniversary," he said, whereas Xbox 360 would be,something you had "two or three times a month" and Revolution "is the,kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".

"The,point is that they are all individualistic dinners," he said, and as a,result it is all about choice. For Kojima-san, the next-generation,conflict is about "how much the dinner will be...will it be worth the,cost...where can I have this dinner".

i axctually heard that the ps3 is easier to develop for compared to the ps2  from one of the developers
>

Message 7 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

May 31, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:

In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.

Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.

Now, if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are allegeric to lobster. 

He's also inferring that it's going to be a huge investment for smaller developers to make games for the PS3
Message 8 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

May 31, 2005

Devil_of_War wrote:
He's trying to say that making game for the PS3 is longer since it has a 54GB BD.

What? Do some research.
Nobody has to use the Blu-Ray.
Its a luxury not a necessity.
Message 9 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

May 31, 2005
I don't think he is bashing the X360.
,He's saying that making games for the X360 is faster and easier, while the PS3 is harder and longer.

Llama Herder wrote:

Now,,if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as,X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every,month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why,should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are,allegeric to lobster. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 10 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes