Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/28/2004
Offline
4128 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005
",
,

Are the new console platforms fulfilling what it’s makers promise?

I,actually haven’t started developing on the new consoles yet. My,impression is, for PS3 Sony is aiming for a very high level. I’m not,sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is,expecting. So if everyone is expected to meet that high level, I am not,sure that every creator, every publisher will be able to meet these,high expectations. For Xbox 360, it’s a little bit more down to earth,,more realistic so people maybe can join easily to start creating on the,360. Speaking about Revolution, there are still a lot of secrets and I,don’t know everything but from what I heard like you could connect your,portables or you could play old games, I get the impression that the,developers could create games on less budget or create titles that are,not super high expensive in cost. If you allow me to express the three,hardware platforms in a funny example, PS3 would be like a dinner that,you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary etc.

,

Xbox,360 will still be a special dinner so you might go there two or three,times a month on the weekend or something. Revolution is the kind of,great dinner that you have everyday at your home. What I want to,emphasize is that all three are dinners meaning that they have a salad,,they have a soup and maybe have a dessert but they are a little,differently, maybe other dinners have two salads or two appetizers or,maybe extra coffee on top of that. The point is that they are all,individualistic dinners. So if they are all dinners, like a steak,dinner, the choice is up to the users and the game designers at the,same time.

If the game creators and the users want to have a,great steak for their anniversary, they go maybe to PS3. But if they,want great dinner, great steak with their family, a little bit more,casual during the weekends, they might select Xbox 360. Or why not have,a great steak at your house everyday, they might choose Revolution. So,my impression of the battle between the consoles is, it’s not about,what kind of dinner it is. It’s more about how much the dinner will be.,Will it be worth the cost of being served? Or where can I have this,dinner - number of restaurants, is it near my house or do I have to,take a cab or train or bus? I think the battle amongst the next-gen,platforms lies in that area."
,
Message 21 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/08/2004
Offline
2795 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005


Gamehead8 wrote:
    Sony is ph/u/cking up. I'm seriously thinking about getting the Xbox 360


then go for it.
,
,Sony just want's high quality games on the PS3, just like Microsoft,want's High quality games on the Xbox 360 & Nintendo want's on the,Revolution.
,
,It's nothing new, do you honestly think that a company would come out,with worse specs for their NEXT console then their previous one? only,difference is it's easier to make games for?
Message 22 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/15/2003
Offline
4707 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005
You guys still don't understand what he is saying. By saying KIllzone2 was ingame this is now the expectation of all the Playstation 2 owners for PS3. Most developers even guerilla can't do those graphics. Every game released on the PS3 will now be judge based on what Killzone 2 looked like.  This made impossible standards for most developers to reach ,
Message 23 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/08/2004
Offline
2795 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005


Loving Live wrote:
You guys still don't,understand what he is saying. By saying KIllzone2 was ingame this is,now the expectation of all the Playstation 2 owners for PS3. Most,developers even guerilla can't do those graphics. Every game released,on the PS3 will now be judge based on what Killzone 2 looked,like.  This made impossible standards for most developers to reach,


why is it just killzone getting all the blame?
,
,from what I remember there was more then just killzone displayed and,they looked incredable (UT2007, Fight Night round 3, Motosport, Killing,Day). Hell I was impressed at first with KZ2 but it quickly subsided,cause it's just another boring FPS with the usuall stuff with nothing,new.
Message 24 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/15/2003
Offline
4707 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005

,
,
,Traiklin wrote:

,
,
,Loving Live wrote:
You guys still don't understand what he is saying. By saying KIllzone2 was ingame this is now the expectation of all the Playstation 2 owners for PS3. Most developers even guerilla can't do those graphics. Every game released on the PS3 will now be judge based on what Killzone 2 looked like.  This made impossible standards for most developers to reach ,

,
,
why is it just killzone getting all the blame?

from what I remember there was more then just killzone displayed and they looked incredable (UT2007, Fight Night round 3, Motosport, Killing Day). Hell I was impressed at first with KZ2 but it quickly subsided cause it's just another boring FPS with the usuall stuff with nothing new.
,

,
,

The other games didn't look as good as killzone. They look great and atainable. but most will agree Killzone was the best. All games released on the PS3 will be judge against it and will be thought of as a flop because they won't look half as good ( especially first gen),
Message 25 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/13/2001
Offline
5795 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005

Traiklin wrote:


why is it just killzone getting all the blame?

from what I remember there was more then just killzone displayed and they looked incredable (UT2007, Fight Night round 3, Motosport, Killing Day). Hell I was impressed at first with KZ2 but it quickly subsided cause it's just another boring FPS with the usuall stuff with nothing new.





I know all the games shown for the PS3 were nice NOT JUST Killzone.
I didn't see ONE game that looked like it belonged on the PS2.
People on the boards just like to overreact and promote one console over the other.
Reading WAY to much into things but thats the way it it is.
Sad actually......


Will see whats there when the consoles and games come out.
Which console there on, what they look and play like and then go from there.
All this argueing/fanboyisms is just a bunch jackass's full of hot air.
Nothing more.

Message Edited by Adirondack1 on 05-31-2005 04:57 PM

Message 26 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/15/2003
Offline
832 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005


Aleman wrote:


Llama Herder wrote:
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 
 
In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.
 
Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.
 
Now,,if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as,X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every,month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why,should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are,allegeric to lobster. 



He's also inferring that it's going to be a huge investment for smaller developers to make games for the PS3


Exactly,,he saying that some developers dont have the art talent to take,advantage of the power of the PS3.  Xbox is going to be an easier,step for developers because it wouldn't even allow the types of complex,visuals the PS3 is capable for therefore not exposing the limits of a teams,art skills.
,
,99% of all CG cut scenes is games are total garbage if you compare it,to the type of quality were used to seeing it say...pixar type,films.  Its not easy, and they have some of the most talented,digital artists in the world and fight constanly to keep them. Not to,mention that to make all that beauty, it takes 3-4 years 400 people and you,can't intereact with any of it (like you can a game).
,
,Thats one company.
,
,Now think of all the game developers out there. There's just not,enought great talent to go around and it will be more noticable on a,system where people are not held back by technology...as opposed to the,360.
,
,

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:08 PM

Photobucket
Message 27 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/15/2003
Offline
4707 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005

,
,
,Sgt.Napalm wrote:
,

,
,
,Aleman wrote:
,

,
,
,Llama Herder wrote:
,
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 
,
 
,
In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.
,
 
,
Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.
,
 
,
Now, if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are allegeric to lobster. 

,
,

He's also inferring that it's going to be a huge investment for smaller developers to make games for the PS3

,
,
Exactly, he saying that some developers dont have the art talent to take advantage of the power of the PS3.  Xbox is going to be an easier step for developers because it wouldn't even allow the types of complet visuals the PS3 is capable therefore not exposing the limits of a teams art skills.

99% of all CG cut scenes is games are total garbage if you compare it to the type of quality were used to seeing it say...pixar type films.  Its not easy, and they have some of the most talented digital artists in the world and fight constanly to keep them. No to mention to make all the beauty it takes 3-4 years 400 people and you can't intereact with any of it (like you can a game).

Thats one company.

Now think of all the game developers out there. There's just not enought great talent to go around and it will be more noticable on a system where people are not held back by technology...as opposed to the 360.


,
,

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:06 PM
,


,

,
What are you talking about? Did I miss something are you attempting to say the PS3 can do more then the XBOX 360?
Message 28 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/11/2003
Offline
4308 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005
this interview is actually one week old, but anyway, yeah, he speaks the truth. I mean, creating games for PS3 and Revolution is basically comparing a high budget movie to a low budget movie. High budget movie like Titanic, and a low budget movie like Fahrenheit 9/11. Creating a PS3 game is obviously more expensive, but the result will not dissapoint (unless you didn't put any effort in the game at all). Look at Titanic. Everyone knows how expensive that movie is, but did it do well in the box office? You bet! Fantastic acting, great CGI, great director...etc It's the samething with PS3 games in the next gen. High budget, but great quality. The only developers where I see developing games for PS3 are the big guys. Big boys like Squarenix, Konami, Capcom, Namco, Rock *, EA...etc. If small developement teams want to make games for PS3, they have to be backed up by the big companies. Insomniac is a perfect example. Insomniac is not a very big company, but they're being backed up by the big daddy, Sony. Clover Studios, backed up by Capcom. Kojima Production, backed up by Konami. Now, I'm not saying Rev wont get any quality games, as proven by plaforms like PS2, GBA..etc. Small developement teams will feel safer making games for Rev, but they can still create quality games, just dont expect too many high grand production for Rev. As for MS (360), they're kinda in the middle.
Message 29 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/15/2003
Offline
832 posts
 

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005


Loving Live wrote:


Sgt.Napalm wrote:


Aleman wrote:


Llama Herder wrote:
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 
 
In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.
 
Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.
 
Now,,if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as,X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every,month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why,should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are,allegeric to lobster. 



He's also inferring that it's going to be a huge investment for smaller developers to make games for the PS3


Exactly,,he saying that some developers dont have the art talent to take,advantage of the power of the PS3.  Xbox is going to be an easier,step for developers because it wouldn't even allow the types of complet,visuals the PS3 is capable therefore not exposing the limits of a teams,art skills.

99% of all CG cut scenes is games are total garbage,if you compare it to the type of quality were used to seeing it,say...pixar type films.  Its not easy, and they have some of the,most talented digital artists in the world and fight constanly to keep,them. No to mention to make all the beauty it takes 3-4 years 400,people and you can't intereact with any of it (like you can a game).

Thats one company.

Now,think of all the game developers out there. There's just not enought,great talent to go around and it will be more noticable on a system,where people are not held back by technology...as opposed to the 360.


Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:06 PM



What are you talking about? Did I miss something are you attempting to say the PS3 can do more then the XBOX 360?


Yes.
,
,LOL, do you actually believe the MS propaganda?
,
,...opposed to what the facts are and what every single developer who's,ever been asked the question of, wich one is more powerful?
,
,Has there even been one developer say the 360?


,

,


,

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:19 PM

Photobucket
Message 30 of 64 (10 Views)
Reply
0 Likes