Fender Bender
4307 posts

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005

,Devil_of_War wrote:
I don't think he is bashing the X360.
He's saying that making games for the X360 is faster and easier, while the PS3 is harder and longer.
,Llama Herder wrote:
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 

In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.

Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.

Now, if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are allegeric to lobster. 

It's actually the opposite
Message 31 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

May 31, 2005

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

Yes.

LOL, do you actually believe the MS propaganda?

...opposed to what the facts and every single developer who's ever been asked the question of, wich one is more powerful?

Has there even been one developer say the 360?

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:15 PM

No but when several other tech sites have also said the MS numbers are correct then I think we can assume they were not lying. Not one person to date has been able to disprove one fact they stated. That should tell you something
Message 32 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4307 posts

May 31, 2005

,InTheZoneAC wrote:

,Devil_of_War wrote:
I don't think he is bashing the X360.
He's saying that making games for the X360 is faster and easier, while the PS3 is harder and longer.
,Llama Herder wrote:
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 

In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.

Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.

Now, if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are allegeric to lobster. 

what he is saying is that he'd rather have the easy way out to make a quick game rather than spending quality time/effort in making a near perfect/flawless masterpiece although the ps3 can do a little bit more

Hideo Kojima is not that kind of person. He would rather spend money, time, and effort on making a quality game instead of milking his fans' money
Message 33 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

May 31, 2005

Loving Live wrote:

Sgt.Napalm wrote:

Yes.

...opposed to what the facts and every single developer who's ever been asked the question of, wich one is more powerful?

No,but when several other tech sites have also said the MS numbers are,correct then I think we can assume they were not lying. Not one person,to date has been able to disprove one fact they stated. That should,tell you something

"tech sites"
,Can you provide a credible link to a "tech site" that supports their,numbers? Not Major watever his name was...or any other MS blog.
,All of this talk of the 360 being more powerfull is from teamxbox and the like.

This reminds me of the PS2 Xbox debate but MS is in the other seat this time.

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:28 PM

Photobucket
Message 34 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

May 31, 2005

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

Yes.

No but when several other tech sites have also said the MS numbers are correct then I think we can assume they were not lying. Not one person to date has been able to disprove one fact they stated. That should tell you something

"tech sites"

Can you provide a credible link to a "tech site" that supports their numbers? Not Major watever his name was...or any other MS blog.

All of this talk of the 360 being more powerfull is from teamxbox and the like.

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:27 PM

Here you go. ,
Message 35 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

May 31, 2005
what ever...ps3 will turn out good in the end.

vote for them please!! as a 5
Message 36 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

May 31, 2005

Loving Live wrote:

Sgt.Napalm wrote:

Loving Live wrote:

Sgt.Napalm wrote:

Yes.

No,but when several other tech sites have also said the MS numbers are,correct then I think we can assume they were not lying. Not one person,to date has been able to disprove one fact they stated. That should,tell you something

"tech sites"

Can,you provide a credible link to a "tech site" that supports their,numbers? Not Major watever his name was...or any other MS blog.

Here you go.

...and heres a quote from the second paragraph of the link you sent.
,"There's an update on the blog of Xbox Live's own Major Nelson,,with a Microsoft-prepared counter-argument that "proves" the Xbox 360,is in fact more powerful than the PS3. It's an interesting read, even,if many of the arguments are flawed. It brings up a good point: Either,system can be made to look more powerful than the other, depending on,how you want to bend the specs."
,"Even if many of the arguments are flawed".......this is your proof.
,The second line of the 3rd paragraph.
,"
In truth, the systems aren't entirely comparable"
,Sounds like MS is doing damage control to me.  I'll take the word,of a unbiased game developer than that of a MS employee anyday.
Photobucket
Message 37 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

May 31, 2005

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

Yes.

"tech sites"

Can you provide a credible link to a "tech site" that supports their numbers? Not Major watever his name was...or any other MS blog.

Here you go. ,
...and heres a quote from the second paragraph of the link you sent.

"There's an update on the blog of Xbox Live's own Major Nelson, with a Microsoft-prepared counter-argument that "proves" the Xbox 360 is in fact more powerful than the PS3. It's an interesting read, even if many of the arguments are flawed. It brings up a good point: Either system can be made to look more powerful than the other, depending on how you want to bend the specs."

"Even if many of the arguments are flawed".......this is your proof.

The second line of the 3rd paragraph.

"
In truth, the systems aren't entirely comparable"

Sounds like MS is doing damage control to me.  I'll take the word of a unbiased game developer than that of a MS employee anyday.

Don't take snipets from the article. Read the entire thing. It will basically let you know that no system is more powerfull then the other. and notice he never stated that any of their number were incorrect ,

Message Edited by Loving Live on 05-31-2005 02:38 PM

Message 38 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

May 31, 2005

Some snipets you forgot

"So when it comes to graphics, it's simply not possible to tell, simply by looking at the numbers, which one is more "powerful."

" Is it more powerful than the 360's CPU? Well, it certainly has a higher peak "gigaflops" rating, but that doesn't really mean it's going to be better for games"

It's simply not possible to look at the specs and say "this one is more powerful for what game developers need to do."

Message 39 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

May 31, 2005

Loving Live wrote:

Some snipets you forgot

"So,when it comes to graphics, it's simply not possible to tell, simply by,looking at the numbers, which one is more "powerful."

" Is it,more powerful than the 360's CPU? Well, it certainly has a higher peak,"gigaflops" rating, but that doesn't really mean it's going to be,better for games"

It's simply not possible to look at the specs and say "this one is more powerful for what game developers need to do."

Stop fooling yourself.
,The 360 is just weaker. A fanboy such as yourself cannot be convinced other wise.
,The whole world is telling you the PS3 is more powerful, but because,one guy from MS makes up some BS stat sheet that misquotes a sony spec,sheet (yes Major Buthead, each of the SPE's in the PS3 "DO" have cache, wich is just one inacuracy),thats way over your head your gonna argue till your blue in the face.
,Lets just wait till next year Live Lover.

,You need some facts my friend.

http://www.psinext.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=74b73b3048e308558b8c72c1cec46d58

Some very very smart people here. Enjoy the enlightenment. Also...feel free to join and ask some questions yourself.

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 06:03 PM

Photobucket
Message 40 of 64 (2 Views)
0 Likes