Fender Bender
4707 posts

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

May 31, 2005

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

Some snipets you forgot

"So when it comes to graphics, it's simply not possible to tell, simply by looking at the numbers, which one is more "powerful."

" Is it more powerful than the 360's CPU? Well, it certainly has a higher peak "gigaflops" rating, but that doesn't really mean it's going to be better for games"

It's simply not possible to look at the specs and say "this one is more powerful for what game developers need to do."

Stop fooling yourself.

The 360 is just weaker. A fanboy such as yourself cannot be convinced other wise.

The whole world is telling you the PS3 is more powerful, but because one guy from MS makes up some BS stat sheet that misquotes a sony spec sheet (yes Major Buthead, each of the SPE's in the PS3 "DO" have cache, wich is just one inacuracy) thats way over your head your gonna argue till your blue in the face.

Lets just wait till next year Live Lover.

You need some facts my friend.

http://www.psinext.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=74b73b3048e308558b8c72c1cec46d58

Some very very smart people here. Enjoy the enlightenment. Also...feel free to join and ask some questions yourself.

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 06:03 PM

Now we are done. You call me a fan boy and you deny obvious facts right in your face. I'm done with you kid. Everyone is lieing right?,
Message 41 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3843 posts

May 31, 2005
WTH was he talking about. His analogy makes no sense what so ever. Whatever, I'll still buy MGS4.,
Message 42 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2432 posts

May 31, 2005

Chuck S. wrote:
Is the PS3 that hard to program for?

Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

Tom Bramwell 09:51 31/05/2005

Kojima dines out on next-gen.

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has weighed in on the battle of the next generation consoles, stressing their diversity and cautioning that he is "not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting" on PlayStation 3 - the platform for which his Konami subsidiary Kojima Productions is developing the next Metal Gear Solid title.

Speaking in an online interview, Kojima-san said Xbox 360 was "a little bit more down to earth...so people maybe can join easily to start creating on the 360," while on the Nintendo Revolution front the DS connectivity and downloadable back catalogue give him "the impression that the developers could create games on less budget".

Kojima-san then launched into a lengthy analogy about having dinner to clarify his thoughts. "PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary," he said, whereas Xbox 360 would be something you had "two or three times a month" and Revolution "is the kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".

"The point is that they are all individualistic dinners," he said, and as a result it is all about choice. For Kojima-san, the next-generation conflict is about "how much the dinner will be...will it be worth the cost...where can I have this dinner".

Well this is the way I look at it is he getting paid to to do this so suck it up and do your job and stop crying if you cant handle the task get a new job

Message Edited by Elyea82 on 05-31-2005 05:44 PM

Message 43 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6621 posts

May 31, 2005

Chuck S. wrote:
My take on this.....IMO, he means that by Sony trying to implement the Cell...basically an unproven tech...they are just recreating the whole Emotion chip fiasco all over again. Trying to create something new that they think will revolutionize tech., but it just ends up being something that's too complicated for dev. to understand and use properly. Also, by showing the Killzone 2 trailer and letting people believe that that was gameplay...well, now that's what consumers are going to expect to have when the PS3 arrives...but the fact is, no dev. will be able to pull it off. Sony has basically shot themselves in the foot over this.

Wrong. Developers have complained about the difficulties of developing for the PS2 as well as the fact that the Xbox and the CG are graphically superior. That's nothing like next gen since Kojima sees the PS3 offering more when reading his his analogies. Kojima is saying that you have more than you need with the PS3 when compared with the other two consoles, but how much are you will to spend to really push the hardware?
Message 44 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4050 posts

May 31, 2005
hope he isnt,
Message 45 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7924 posts

May 31, 2005

Loving Live wrote:
You guys still don't,understand what he is saying. By saying KIllzone2 was ingame this is,now the expectation of all the Playstation 2 owners for PS3. Most,developers even guerilla can't do those graphics. Every game released,on the PS3 will now be judge based on what Killzone 2 looked,like.  This made impossible standards for most developers to reach,

I have to say that this is one mistake,the Sony has made early on. They want to make it seem that the PS3 is,going to look as good as Killzone 2 did, but for some companies it,would be impossible like you said. If fans tend to get this idea, by,the time they see what the games on the PS3 really look like, they,might think differently about the entire system's power. Not only is,this bad for Sony, but it's bad for the developers. If a game is,expected to look that good, but doesn't provide a result, then it could,affect the sales of the system and the games itself. Confidence and,trust also might be dented in Sony, if they continue to make their fans,believe that all games will look like this. Of course, even though some,companies might not be able to make something as good looking as,Killzone 2, we can't always be certain that they can't. Companies could,be able to make games that look this good, but it's too early to say,until we actually get some real gameplay images.
Message 46 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,garnett215 wrote:

,Llama Herder wrote:

,Chuck S. wrote:
My take on this.....IMO, he means that by Sony trying to implement the Cell...basically an unproven tech...they are just recreating the whole Emotion chip fiasco all over again. Trying to create something new that they think will revolutionize tech., but it just ends up being something that's too complicated for dev. to understand and use properly. Also, by showing the Killzone 2 trailer and letting people believe that that was gameplay...well, now that's what consumers are going to expect to have when the PS3 arrives...but the fact is, no dev. will be able to pull it off. Sony has basically shot themselves in the foot over this.

You think he would say that AFTER he announced MGS4 for PS3?  ,

Llama, this is a typical Chuck S post think nothing of it. Trying to turn nothing into something bigger than it is.

I know.  I even got a PM from Xbox 360 who said I was talking out of my ass.  He said PS2 was a nightmare to develop for, and PS3 will be harder than PS2.    I just ignored him.

One more point to add.  Kojima is smart.  He is saying Sony is setting the bar high and if MGS4 turns out to be great, it would mean that he jumped over the "high bar" without a problem.  LoL Kojima is pretty cocky.

Message 47 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jun 1, 2005
out of ALL the game developers, I think the only one people are going,to have high expectations for is guerilla games thanks to that demo.
,Real time or not if guerilla doesn't make a game that looks like that,it's on their head. Hopefully they wern't the ones who had the thing,done (if it was CGI).
,Personally I am going to do like I did on the PS2, every game that,comes out for the first year is more or less a PS2 game that they,didn't want to release on the PS2. Cause during the first year of the,PS2's life there was no difference in between PS1 and PS2 games (except,for maybe 5 or 6 games) it wasn't untill the fallowing year that games,really started looking good, which is the same for Killzone 2. Sure it,looked great and what have you but look how long it took for the first,Killzone to be made, or God of war. Great looking games aren't made,quickly no matter what the system is, how many games were in,development for the Xbox that got switched over to 360? one that got,cancled when it was almost done was the True Fantasy Live online, from,what I remember it was supposed to come out this year (or next year),but they knew the 360 was coming so they just decided to cancle the,game outright instead of finishing it and seeing what happens.
,Microsoft Sony & Nintendo can all come out and scream from the,rooftops how their system is the easiest to develope for but so far,people have said 360 is easier with PS3 being more powerfull, so that,should mean we should see uber games out on the 360 everytime right?,while on the PS3 we would see the more powerfull games.
,Kind of like the PS2 & Xbox right? every game that came out on the,Xbox was a perfect game always scored 10s right? but with the PS2 being,much harder to program for that means their games averaged a 2-5 right?
,Point is no matter what happens Developers will **bleep** about it (either,not enough power or to much power) gamers will put games WAY to high up,on that pedistal and developers can't ever reach them and then gamers,will **bleep** at the developers thus repeating the cycle of **bleep**ing.
Message 48 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 1, 2005
Kojima will probably make games for all three consoles.  But what he is trying to say is PS3 games will be higher in quality but don't expect to see many of them.  Using his analogy, he will probably make 1 or 2 games for PS3 per year but those games will be AAA (anniversary dinner) and he will also make games for X360/Revo but don't expect these games to be as good as the PS3 games.

"Kojima-san then launched into a lengthy analogy about having dinner to clarify his thoughts. "PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary," he said, whereas Xbox 360 would be something you had "two or three times a month" and Revolution "is the kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".
That statement pretty much shows that Kojima is a PS3 fanboy.  
Message 49 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,Loving Live wrote:

,Sgt.Napalm wrote:

Yes.

LOL, do you actually believe the MS propaganda?

...opposed to what the facts and every single developer who's ever been asked the question of, wich one is more powerful?

Has there even been one developer say the 360?

Message Edited by Sgt.Napalm on 05-31-2005 05:15 PM

No but when several other tech sites have also said the MS numbers are correct then I think we can assume they were not lying. Not one person to date has been able to disprove one fact they stated. That should tell you something

Web techs don't make games, game developers make games.,
Message 50 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes