First Son
5 posts

Re: Metal Gear creator uncertain on PlayStation 3

Jun 1, 2005
haha you guys are IDIOTS! he's saying that Xbox 360 is way better! he,is completely bashing PS3  "PS3 would be like a dinner you only,have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary,whereas Xbox 360,would be something you had two or three times a month and Revolution is the kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".
REVOLUTION! and i shall add that as my quote haha!
"PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary,whereas Xbox 360 would be something you had two or three times a month and Revolution is the kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".
Message 51 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,Supa Ninja wrote:
haha you guys are IDIOTS! he's saying that Xbox 360 is way better! he is completely bashing PS3  "PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary,whereas Xbox 360 would be something you had two or three times a month and Revolution is the kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".

REVOLUTION! and i shall add that as my quote haha!

Compare the quality of the anniversary dinner to the dinner you have everyday, which one is better.

Message 52 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 1, 2005
hahaha oh man you don't want to ask me that....i eat like a king,everyday! and aniversary dinners.....well they are tasty as well....not,much different...but to have it every day?! now that just tastes like,what that dude says.........REVOLUTION!
"PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary,whereas Xbox 360 would be something you had two or three times a month and Revolution is the kind of great dinner that you have every day at your home".
Message 53 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7170 posts

Jun 1, 2005
I think he's completely right, the Revolution will be the gamers staple (20 years of games on one system!), and XBOX or PS3 will battle it out for the spot in your living room you know that special spot.

I know Sony did some stupid things for PS2 like can 2-D games because they where 2-D and the PS2 according to them should mostly play 3-D. A Metal Slug 4-5 Compilation have finally come out, when Metal Slug 4 it was ready on the PS2 a year or two ago! And the HDD really pissed me off.

I know XBOX never had the games I wanted, but this time around they might. XBOX Live seems particularly yummy.

We will have to wait and see!!!

---
Here is my take, I like Brother-in-Laws BBQ (XBOX) I like it better than some fancy places like The House of Prime Ribs (PS3) because it tastes good and won't leave your wallet empty but, I wouldn't take my girl their, just me and a paper bag and some good ass BBQ! I also like Tu-Lan (Revolution) it's cheap, it's vietnamese and it tastes so good, it would be hard to decide except that Tu-Lan has more variety and is cheaper, so Tu-Lan foo sheezy...

But if I'm going to eat out I may just skip eating at Brother in Laws BBQ (too greasy!) so I can eat at The House of Prime Rib more often. It depends on my mood, but it also depends on how much money I have. I will always eat at Tu-Lan's its too yummy to not go without the #17.

Also maybe I want some sushi at Kitaros, and that's a whole other problem..

Message Edited by BLACKgunman on 05-31-2005 06:18 PM

Message 54 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4222 posts

Jun 1, 2005
The title of this topic is stupid and incorrect.,
ignore... dead site.
yellowstar net.

Message 55 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4308 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,Traiklin wrote:
out of ALL the game developers, I think the only one people are going to have high expectations for is guerilla games thanks to that demo.

Real time or not if guerilla doesn't make a game that looks like that it's on their head. Hopefully they wern't the ones who had the thing done (if it was CGI).

Personally I am going to do like I did on the PS2, every game that comes out for the first year is more or less a PS2 game that they didn't want to release on the PS2. Cause during the first year of the PS2's life there was no difference in between PS1 and PS2 games (except for maybe 5 or 6 games) it wasn't untill the fallowing year that games really started looking good, which is the same for Killzone 2. Sure it looked great and what have you but look how long it took for the first Killzone to be made, or God of war. Great looking games aren't made quickly no matter what the system is, how many games were in development for the Xbox that got switched over to 360? one that got cancled when it was almost done was the True Fantasy Live online, from what I remember it was supposed to come out this year (or next year) but they knew the 360 was coming so they just decided to cancle the game outright instead of finishing it and seeing what happens.

Microsoft Sony & Nintendo can all come out and scream from the rooftops how their system is the easiest to develope for but so far people have said 360 is easier with PS3 being more powerfull, so that should mean we should see uber games out on the 360 everytime right? while on the PS3 we would see the more powerfull games.

Kind of like the PS2 & Xbox right? every game that came out on the Xbox was a perfect game always scored 10s right? but with the PS2 being much harder to program for that means their games averaged a 2-5 right?

Point is no matter what happens Developers will **bleep** about it (either not enough power or to much power) gamers will put games WAY to high up on that pedistal and developers can't ever reach them and then gamers will **bleep** at the developers thus repeating the cycle of **bleep**ing.

I think it's safe to say we wont see Killzone 2 in a few years (probably 2). Guerilla needs to work on that game for atleast 2 years if they want to achieve that.

And one of the most interesting things I found out is, what happened to gameplay over graphic? Sorry for the lack of better words, but when did PS fans become graphic whores? Just because of that Killzone 2 teaser? Sorry, I'm not going to buy that game if the gameplay isn't as good as the graphic. I'm not going to buy Killzone 2 just because it looks "pretty" Sorry, that's not me. Gameplay first. But if you want to talk about graphic, I think games like DMC4, Warhawk, or I-8 look pretty good already (especially I-8, I-8 is extremely impressive. There's so much stuff happening at once, and it's a game made by InsomniacI know they wont dissapoint me )  

Message Edited by luckyagent on 05-31-2005 06:55 PM

Message 56 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jun 1, 2005

luckyagent wrote:

Traiklin wrote:
out,of ALL the game developers, I think the only one people are going to,have high expectations for is guerilla games thanks to that demo.

Real,time or not if guerilla doesn't make a game that looks like that it's,on their head. Hopefully they wern't the ones who had the thing done,(if it was CGI).

Personally I am going to do like I did on the,PS2, every game that comes out for the first year is more or less a PS2,game that they didn't want to release on the PS2. Cause during the,first year of the PS2's life there was no difference in between PS1 and,PS2 games (except for maybe 5 or 6 games) it wasn't untill the,fallowing year that games really started looking good, which is the,same for Killzone 2. Sure it looked great and what have you but look,how long it took for the first Killzone to be made, or God of war.,Great looking games aren't made quickly no matter what the system is,,how many games were in development for the Xbox that got switched over,to 360? one that got cancled when it was almost done was the True,Fantasy Live online, from what I remember it was supposed to come out,this year (or next year) but they knew the 360 was coming so they just,decided to cancle the game outright instead of finishing it and seeing,what happens.

Microsoft Sony & Nintendo can all come out and,scream from the rooftops how their system is the easiest to develope,for but so far people have said 360 is easier with PS3 being more,powerfull, so that should mean we should see uber games out on the 360,everytime right? while on the PS3 we would see the more powerfull games.

Kind,of like the PS2 & Xbox right? every game that came out on the Xbox,was a perfect game always scored 10s right? but with the PS2 being much,harder to program for that means their games averaged a 2-5 right?

Point,is no matter what happens Developers will **bleep** about it (either,not enough power or to much power) gamers will put games WAY to high up,on that pedistal and developers can't ever reach them and then gamers,will **bleep** at the developers thus repeating the cycle of,**bleep**ing.

I think,it's safe to say we wont see Killzone 2 in a few years (probably 2).,Guerilla needs to work on that game for atleast 2 years if they want to,achieve that.

And one of the most interesting things I found,out is, what happened to gameplay over graphic? Sorry for the lack of,better words, but when did PS fans become graphic whores? Just because,of that Killzone 2 teaser? Sorry, I'm not going to buy that game if the,gameplay isn't as good as the graphic. I'm not going to buy Killzone 2,just because it looks "pretty" Sorry, that's not me. Gameplay first.,But if you want to talk about graphic, I think games like DMC4,,Warhawk, or I-8 look pretty good already ,(especially I-8, I-8 is extremely impressive. There's so much stuff,happening at once, and it's a game made by InsomniacI know they wont,dissapoint me )  

Exactly,,the I-8 demo impressed me a hell of a lot more then the Killzone demo,did Mainly cause I know Insominac doesn't half ass it, they don't put,EVERYTHING into making a game look amazing then have the gameplay suck,,they work on both at the same time.
,Nintendo is the best at it though, I forget who it was but he said that,his team starts with gameplay first then works on graphics and that's,the way it should be done plain and simple. God of war took 4 years to,make and it turned out great, but then youhave other games that look,great but lack controll, or they have good controll but horrible AI.,they say Teams will be getting bigger but they never say which parts of,the teams get bigger, Will it be the Artists? the AI programmers? the,Control programers? the storytellers? My guess is it will be the,artists, they will go from having 5-10 people on a team being the,artist to being 20 or even possibly 30 just to make the game look,amazing! which naturally means you play a racing game that "Is as real,as you can get!" and the backend is sliding out from you when you take,a simple turn (not reffering to Gran turismo just other racers).
,I was more impressed with Killing Day for the way you could destroy the,enviornemnt like in real life, I liked Motosport because of the way it,looks like it will play, I loved I-8 because that is like Castle,wolfenstien only better (more enemies and coming from insomniac,hopefully a hell of a lot better AI), Eyedentify looked great cause it,was implamenting the Mic & Eyetoy together, out of all the demos I,would say killzone was at the bottom. The others I saw I knew would be,better cause they made a game look good but they aren't spending 90% of,the time making a game look good, atleast I hope not.
,Next Generation might be the last generation if it does end up becoming,Graphics > everything else, except on the Revolution, Nintendo has,always played it smart, they make the games look good but they don't,spend all of their time making a game look mind blowing amazing, they,make it look good and they make the gameplay great. In all of my gaming,I hve yet to be dissapointed with a Nintendo made game.
,Which brings up another question, Why is it no one fallows in the,footsteps of Nintendo? all of their games are top sellers even though,the system isn't, I have never read or heard a bad review from a,Nintendo made game, the only thing I have read that is a let down would,be graphics and it's usually along the lines of "the graphics are good,but they seem like they could be better". So while Sony & Microsoft,keep battling each other over who has the better looking games Nintendo,will always be walking right behind them with the better gameplay. I,hope next generation isn't the "OMG GRAPHICS SPLOOG!" generation. Each,console is giving developers all this power and i hope they do more,then make pretty games.
Message 57 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,luckyagent wrote:

,Traiklin wrote:
out of ALL the game developers, I think the only one people are going to have high expectations for is guerilla games thanks to that demo.

Real time or not if guerilla doesn't make a game that looks like that it's on their head. Hopefully they wern't the ones who had the thing done (if it was CGI).

Personally I am going to do like I did on the PS2, every game that comes out for the first year is more or less a PS2 game that they didn't want to release on the PS2. Cause during the first year of the PS2's life there was no difference in between PS1 and PS2 games (except for maybe 5 or 6 games) it wasn't untill the fallowing year that games really started looking good, which is the same for Killzone 2. Sure it looked great and what have you but look how long it took for the first Killzone to be made, or God of war. Great looking games aren't made quickly no matter what the system is, how many games were in development for the Xbox that got switched over to 360? one that got cancled when it was almost done was the True Fantasy Live online, from what I remember it was supposed to come out this year (or next year) but they knew the 360 was coming so they just decided to cancle the game outright instead of finishing it and seeing what happens.

Microsoft Sony & Nintendo can all come out and scream from the rooftops how their system is the easiest to develope for but so far people have said 360 is easier with PS3 being more powerfull, so that should mean we should see uber games out on the 360 everytime right? while on the PS3 we would see the more powerfull games.

Kind of like the PS2 & Xbox right? every game that came out on the Xbox was a perfect game always scored 10s right? but with the PS2 being much harder to program for that means their games averaged a 2-5 right?

Point is no matter what happens Developers will **bleep** about it (either not enough power or to much power) gamers will put games WAY to high up on that pedistal and developers can't ever reach them and then gamers will **bleep** at the developers thus repeating the cycle of **bleep**ing.

I think it's safe to say we wont see Killzone 2 in a few years (probably 2). Guerilla needs to work on that game for atleast 2 years if they want to achieve that.

And one of the most interesting things I found out is, what happened to gameplay over graphic? Sorry for the lack of better words, but when did PS fans become graphic whores? Just because of that Killzone 2 teaser? Sorry, I'm not going to buy that game if the gameplay isn't as good as the graphic. I'm not going to buy Killzone 2 just because it looks "pretty" Sorry, that's not me. Gameplay first. But if you want to talk about graphic, I think games like DMC4, Warhawk, or I-8 look pretty good already (especially I-8, I-8 is extremely impressive. There's so much stuff happening at once, and it's a game made by InsomniacI know they wont dissapoint me )  

Of course gamplay is important, but we know MGS4, GT4, Tekken 6, DMC4, RE5,  UT2007, etc are going to have great gameplay anyway.  Pretty graphic is just a bonus.
Message 58 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5662 posts

Jun 1, 2005

Llama Herder wrote:
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 

In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.

Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.

Now,,if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as,X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every,month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why,should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are,allegeric to lobster. 

LMAO, i'd radther have the lobster .
Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 59 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4308 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,abercrombieco2 wrote:

,Llama Herder wrote:
LOL he is pretty much bashing the Xbox 360. 

In this article he said that he is not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting and X360 was a little bit more down to earth.

Then he said PS3 would be like a dinner you only have once a year on your anniversary and X360 is like something you would have once or twice a month.  When I apply this statement to myself, PS3 = lobster dinner and X360 = BigMac meal.

Now, if Sony plays the card right and make sure that PS3 is as affordable as X360, then everyone would be having aniversary dinners every month.  If lobster dinner and BigMac meal cost about the same, why should people choose BigMac over lobster?  Unless you are allegeric to lobster. 

LMAO, i'd radther have the lobster .

lobster >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Macdonald meals
Message 60 of 64 (17 Views)
0 Likes