Nov 23 2013
By: Gordknight Splicer 55 posts

Microsoft is outsmarting Sony a bit with sales.

33 replies 780 views Edited Nov 23, 2013

Before you get out your throwers to flame me hear me out.

I am not an Xbox fanboi.  I have never owned an Xbox nor will I ever own one.  I have been a dedicated sony/ps fan forever.  However, with the holidays here and everyone rushing to buy things for themselves and their spawn, I have found that Microsoft is countering Sony's earlier release of the ps4 with better inventory and stock for the xbox one.

Every place I have checked for a playstation 4 I am told that they havent had any since launch day and most dont know when they will have more ps4s in stock.  Others say in another week or two they should have more to sell, but here is where Sony is gonna get kicked in the nuts.

They all also told me that it is a manufacturing issue and not an ordering issue with the company IE: Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Kmart, Costco etc...

Sony is only putting out systems in a staggered way to create demand while keeping supply a tad low to generate hype for the PS4.  That is all fine and good but Microsoft saw what they were doing and is sending Xbox ones to these stores every other day or so.  

I know this doesnt mean much to dedicated ps fans that also have no interest in the xbox one, but what about Timmys mom?  Parents go to the store and ask the clerk if they have "the new playstation".  Sales clerk will tell them they don't have any currently and may have some in a few weeks but they have the xbox in stock right now or tomorrow.  Timmy's mom doesnt know the difference and will buy the xbox instead.  This leads me to predict that the Xbox will outsell the playstation this holiday season.

If that does happen, Sony will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Message 1 of 34 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Microsoft is outsmarting Sony a bit with sales.

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

Sorry but that is a lot of speculation.

Gamers are more edjucated than ever before AND more opinionated than ever...

Which console they buy, or they ask there mom to buy, will only be dictated by supply IF they really don't care which. IE casual gamer.

Anecdotal comments from Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Etc mean exactly squat. They want to sell you what they have. That is what they get paid to do. Ring up sales that are totaled at days end.

And just to clear up any misconceptions, I will have both eventually.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 2 of 34 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Another cluelessmoron... Sony will be doubling x1 at leats in sales once they launch in europe..and it will keep getting worse for them from there,

Message 3 of 34 (744 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Nov 23, 2013
That's an interesting thought. I haven't heard or seen anything to confirm that MS is shipping systems with that kind of frequency, especially considering that the Bone was just released, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I think it's too early to tell. In my town, both systems are completely sold out, so it doesn't seem like MS or Sony is getting the best of the other right now.

On an unrelated note, I held a Bone controller and thought it was a big step backwards in terms of comfort. The DS4 well definitely win the controller war this time around (for me at least).
Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 4 of 34 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5593 posts

Nov 23, 2013
Stores have the Xbone for a simple reason, people don't want them. The demand isn't there. The store I purchased my PS4 only received 21 of them. They didn't even take preorders for either console. They only got 7 Xbone's in. People want what they want. I don't think parents are going to be that stupid when it comes to something their kid wants. Not to mention they still see a price tag. A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks.
Message 5 of 34 (667 Views)
Wastelander
843 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

This problem will not make the xbone sell more then the ps4 plus not to sure where you got this info from. My game store is getting more PS4's before next week to have on the selfs for Black Friday

Maybe it's your location

PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
LET'S GO NEW YORK RANGERS!
Playstation - Playstation 2 - Playstation 3 - PlayStation 4
Keep the tradition going Sony!
Message 6 of 34 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Nov 23, 2013

my opinion is people want the ps4 not xbone thats why you can still find them in stores every store i went to today had xones in it no ps4's though. 

Message 7 of 34 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Nov 23, 2013
PS4's arent available because its a great system and all are taken
Xbox is available because opposite.

I feel like youre only posting this becasue youre mad you do not have a PS4
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 34 (651 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

Gordknight wrote:

Before you get out your throwers to flame me hear me out.

I am not an Xbox fanboi.  I have never owned an Xbox nor will I ever own one.  I have been a dedicated sony/ps fan forever.  However, with the holidays here and everyone rushing to buy things for themselves and their spawn, I have found that Microsoft is countering Sony's earlier release of the ps4 with better inventory and stock for the xbox one.

Every place I have checked for a playstation 4 I am told that they havent had any since launch day and most dont know when they will have more ps4s in stock.  Others say in another week or two they should have more to sell, but here is where Sony is gonna get kicked in the nuts.

They all also told me that it is a manufacturing issue and not an ordering issue with the company IE: Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Kmart, Costco etc...

Sony is only putting out systems in a staggered way to create demand while keeping supply a tad low to generate hype for the PS4.  That is all fine and good but Microsoft saw what they were doing and is sending Xbox ones to these stores every other day or so.  

I know this doesnt mean much to dedicated ps fans that also have no interest in the xbox one, but what about Timmys mom?  Parents go to the store and ask the clerk if they have "the new playstation".  Sales clerk will tell them they don't have any currently and may have some in a few weeks but they have the xbox in stock right now or tomorrow.  Timmy's mom doesnt know the difference and will buy the xbox instead.  This leads me to predict that the Xbox will outsell the playstation this holiday season.

If that does happen, Sony will have nobody to blame but themselves.

No sony outsmarted Microsoft... Son launched the PS4 on the 15 and sold out immediately since then sony has been pumping out consoles to retailer warehouses all accross the US.  The retailors have been hording them in their local warehouses  for, guess what? Black Friday! Sony new this was goin to happen and they pretty much get a full 2 launches of PS4 in the US, where as he xbox one came out much too close to black friday for MS o ship a substantial ammount of Xbox Ones for black friday... Expect the PS4 to be much consistantly  availible after Black friday when retailors wont be hording them. Sony will leap frog over MS substatially in the US come december!  We have our selves a pretty awesome console war!

Message 9 of 34 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Nov 23, 2013
It'll all level out. Stores will eventually run out of Xbox Ones, probably around black Friday. I don't think it'll really change anything.
Message 10 of 34 (625 Views)
0 Likes