Big Daddy
16824 posts

Re: Microsoft is outsmarting Sony a bit with sales.

Nov 24, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The only reason why Xbox One is readily available at nearly every store is because the Xbox one IS NOT selling as well as the PS4.
Going by pre-orders, the PS4 has outsold the Xbone - before actual sales taking place - by a ratio of about 3:1.

The concept is pretty basic..... PS4 has a higher demand, so theres less PS4's available. Xbox One has a lower demand, so theres more XBones available on shelves.

The theory that Microsoft is somehow doing it better because there are more available doesn't hold any water, especially when you have spent any time in an economics, finance, or business class since even just reading a book about supply and demand says that its wrong.

For any retailer to hoard consoles for Black Friday.... thats a double edged sword, because on one hand people are less likely to shop there if they're not selling PS4's so they'll go elsewhere for their business especially for people looking for PS4's. 
On the other, its good because the people who are looking for PS4's and might as well take advantage of Black Friday deals will go to that store for a PS4 and then some other stuff. 
Video games are not very profitable for retailers, they don't make any money selling consoles, and they barely make $5 or $10 on the actual games sold... they're primarily used to get you in the store so that you'll spend time browsing the store and eventually buying something else that they will make a profit from.

Come on guys at no point did I say one was better than the other. What Im saying is if you think these companies care and design a product with you in mind, your nuts. As we both know now sony and MS had the same programs. MS said their outloud for all to hear and sony witnessing the backlash kept their info quiet. SO does this sound like a company with you in mind?

No it doesn't. What I see is a bunch of immature people falling for the hype. By not truly educating yourself on the subject matter you will always be blind. Now I will say this, and that not all they do is bad. But I am going to stick with my huge point that everyone seems to overlook.

HOW ABOUT MAKING A BETTER PRODUCT THAT IS SUPERIOR? WHICH MEANS IF SONY IS GOING TO COME OUT WITH A NEW CONSOLE MAKE **bleep** SURE ITS 10 TIMES MORE ADVANCE THAN ITS PREDICESSOR. Same thing goes for the games. Make sure it had 10 times more features and content to make it lifelike. Hasn't everyone learned that advancement is more than just great graphics???? Apparently not.

Guess this is one thing that will never change. Simply because it doesn't matter. People will buy a game whether its complete or not. Sony definately will sell that game. Everyone has comprimised themselves and settles for sub-par products. Which I say is weird. For how is it any other industry no one would settle?

Like normal these words fall on deaf ears so I will say this, continue flaming for thats okay. For the person who is laughing in the end is laughing the loudest which is me because I know better. SO have fun if you can, have a great day......

That in no way has any relation to what I just said......

you're the ONLY one laughing because you're the only one who believes in your idiocy

Furiously Chaosing
Message 31 of 34 (142 Views)
Wastelander
734 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Is this uh oh guy a troll or just stupid?
Message 32 of 34 (133 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13517 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Both
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 34 (131 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
734 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Brilliant!
Message 34 of 34 (128 Views)
0 Likes