Sackboy
538 posts

Re: Mod Nation Vita...no online play?

Jan 13, 2012

I'm just a games player like yourself. Sure I've been to a few game shows but most of my information comes from various web sites. That said I seem to recall Sony released the original Motor Storm on the PS3 with out online multiplayer and added it later using a download patch. I'm sure the same is possible with Modnation Racers from a technical stand point. It all depends why they left it out in the first place and whether they choose to add it at a later date.

Message 11 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, once I heard about this I canceled my Mod Nation Vita Pre-order. It's unfortunate that this won't be a feature but maybe it'll return in a sequel someday or something...

Message 12 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I'm still going to buy it.

Message 13 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 16, 2012

I'm still contemplating buying the game, i'm just really upset at the lack of online multiplayer. I think it was a bad idea, and i feel that not buying the game would send a message, but i dont know if it would send the right one.

Message 14 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jan 18, 2012

My mouth is still on the floor after hearing this.  :'(

Message 15 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
545 posts

Jan 19, 2012

When I got mod nation for ps3 and saw how slowly it loaded and heard their lame reason why I knew that they are just lazy

developers.

Now with no online for the ps vita mod nation I am convinced of their lack of vision.

And will not be picking up the game.

The only gamer that's never played a game.
Message 16 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jan 23, 2012

The modes were designed to be 3G friendly, that is all there is to it.

3G will not support the bandwidth needed to play actual 1:1 multiplayer timings and data.

No doubt Sony has pushed a few developers to help make the 3G option seem more viable, and this is the result sadly.

Hotshots golf 6 uses a similar idea, it allows players to compete online at their own leisure and then afterwards all players scores are added up and the final results are given the next day, people in Japan actually prefer this because it's less tedious then having to watch each player take their shots etc, and it also much more data friendly so it is able to be played on the 3G networks.

The addition of adhoc multiplayer is fine with me, my friends have no problem getting together to play head to head, but I can see how some might be dissapointed with the offerings.

Keep in mind though no doubt they are under pressure to make 3G versions appeal to people by limiting wifi's models abilities at this time.

Message 17 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Jan 23, 2012

Sniffynose wrote:

The modes were designed to be 3G friendly, that is all there is to it.

3G will not support the bandwidth needed to play actual 1:1 multiplayer timings and data.

No doubt Sony has pushed a few developers to help make the 3G option seem more viable, and this is the result sadly.

Hotshots golf 6 uses a similar idea, it allows players to compete online at their own leisure and then afterwards all players scores are added up and the final results are given the next day, people in Japan actually prefer this because it's less tedious then having to watch each player take their shots etc, and it also much more data friendly so it is able to be played on the 3G networks.

The addition of adhoc multiplayer is fine with me, my friends have no problem getting together to play head to head, but I can see how some might be dissapointed with the offerings.

Keep in mind though no doubt they are under pressure to make 3G versions appeal to people by limiting wifi's models abilities at this time.

True enough. But this is ModNation! It will be the first modern console kart racing game without online one on one multiplayer. Hopefully they include an update with online multiplayer, and this is just to get people to buy the 3g version for the time being.

Message 18 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jan 24, 2012

They might patch it when it comes out and add multiplayer.

Message 19 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I admit it is really disspointing, hopefully they can and will actually release an online patch because at this point all reasons aside they really did hurt themselves by revealing the online modes ahead of time, either that or they knew it would cause rage and they are using that as ammo against Sony to help budget in the online modes, to offset the 3G mindset.

Message 20 of 21 (6 Views)
0 Likes