Highlighted
Jul 07 2013
By: BR4CR Lombax Warrior 259 posts

Multiple Video OUTPUTS!!

29 replies 200 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

Why does Sony continue to deny us multiple video outputs? After 26 years of seeing multiple video OUTs on Sony products, they did NOT put one on the PS3. And from what I'm seeing on the PS4, nothing has changed. What's the skinny, folks?

Message 1 of 30 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4097 posts

Re: Multiple Video OUTPUTS!!

Jul 7, 2013

I know why don't they have a connection like my Atari 2600, NES, and Sega Master system did. /s

Message 2 of 30 (189 Views)
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

because they expect people that can buy a $400 game console and $60 games can afford an HDTV with HDMI. Additionally, why have multiple outs when you can have ONE that does audio and video?

Message 3 of 30 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15112 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Most people can't even afford to pay for a $50 subscription in place of or along with a $60 game for their PS4. Let alone buy a single appropriately priced HDTV. And you want to have multiple video outs. I could barely cover the payment on my farm last month, you monster.

You have successfully launched subtleasabrickhumor.exe

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 30 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

If they can't afford to buy a good tv now adays that have gone down in price since they came out, and can't even afford PS+, then why are they even thinking about buying a $400 game system? They need to get their priorities straight first. If ou can't afford the accessories needed to view and play said games, why even buy the main system to play the game.

Message 5 of 30 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Id rather them not. It would add to the price.
Message 6 of 30 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9670 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

I know why don't they have a connection like my Atari 2600, NES, and Sega Master system did. /s

I think what the OP is referring to is the ability to hook up multiple monitors to have 'surround video' to go along with surround sound.  You know...  3 monitors sitting in front of you with the main view on the center screen and subscreens on the left and right.  Or better yet, for racing games, the view straight ahead on the center screen and the stands wizzing by at 200+ mph on the left and right...

And to the OP... because the PS4 is intended to be used in your family/living room on a large screen Television with your family, not at a desk.

Message 7 of 30 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Jul 7, 2013

what sucks is no component, but oh well. i should have seen hdmi only coming, just like pay to play lol

KZMProductionsGT
Message 8 of 30 (115 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9670 posts

Jul 7, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

what sucks is no component, but oh well. i should have seen hdmi only coming, just like pay to play lol

I think the reason Component/Composite is going away is that by something like 2017, there will be NO devices supporting Analog video.

Just like the shift from analog to digital television, I think the shift from analog to digital video inputs is just the evolution of technology.

Component is actually pushing past its limits to transmit a signal at 1080p (and I think the max for it is the equivlant of 30fps), and there are very few devices capable of that in the first place (the PS3 just happens to be one of them).

4K Televisions are already available and 8K TVs are just around the corner.  Analog is not capable of these resolutions at all.

As for pay to play... contrary to 'gamer logic', servers capable of hosting thousands of players across hundreds of games is not free.  The infrastructure to do so costs a boatload of money, especially with the upcoming generation's focus on social interaction.  At least it is only Online Multiplayer aspects that are set behind the paywall.  Sony could have taken the M$ route of charging to access ALL online functionality, but they didn't.  Sony could have charged a separate premium to access ALL online content on top of Playstation Plus, but they didn't.  Sony offers many benefits with the 'online fee', as well.

Message 9 of 30 (104 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10698 posts

Jul 7, 2013

BR4CR wrote:

Why does Sony continue to deny us multiple video outputs? After 26 years of seeing multiple video OUTs on Sony products, they did NOT put one on the PS3. And from what I'm seeing on the PS4, nothing has changed. What's the skinny, folks?

um there is a multi av out on the ps3

unless they removed it in the latest revision of the ps3..

but thats besides the point..

I kinda figured this is eventually what was going to happen...  its time to move forward people...  there is no reason why you shouldnt at least have 1 tv in the house that supports hdmi.  

>

Message 10 of 30 (99 Views)
0 Likes