Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Re: Multiple Video OUTPUTS!!

Jul 7, 2013

The purpose of having multiple video outputs would be to run an HDMI cable to my HD TV and a separate HDMI cable to my DVD recorder so I can record my game sessions without having to buy extra hardware (splitter) that degrades the video signal. Think beyond the end of your nose, man.

Message 11 of 30 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Are you implying that multiple video outputs would cost more? As of 2006 we've had 27 years of Sony home video products with multiple video outputs that cost FAR less than $600.

Message 12 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Accessories to split the video output signal degrade video quality.

Message 13 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Please present the evidence that it would increase the price. Sony has put multiple video outputs on their home video products since 1979 and those machines cost a lot less than $600.

Message 14 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Dude, just edit your first post, don't post 4 times in a row. It's considered spam. Hitting the reply button on a specific post does not change your post's appearance in any way, nor does it notify the person you're replying to that they're receiving a reply. It doesn't even say "in response to (username) in your post, so it's impossible to tell who you're replying to.

If you have multiple things to say to different people, say them in one post and just mention their names before each part.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jul 7, 2013

My point is I'd like to run HDMI to my TV and a separate HDMI to my DVD recorder. I'd rather not have to use a separate splitter that would degrade the video signal. Sony has put multiple video outputs on several home video products since 1979. Why did they stop at the Playstation?

Message 16 of 30 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jul 7, 2013

"um there is a multi av out on the ps3" - If you're claiming that there is now currently multiple video outputs that can be run simultaneously, I can't wait for you to prove this theory of yours.

"there is no reason why you shouldnt at least have 1 tv in the house that supports hdmi. " - You're not the first unimaginative poster to jump to this conclusion. The reason I want multiple video outputs is so I can run HDMI to my HD TV while running a separate HDMI cable to my DVD reorder without having to use a splitter that will serve to degrade the video signal.

Message 17 of 30 (69 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 7, 2013

BR4CR wrote:

"um there is a multi av out on the ps3" - If you're claiming that there is now currently multiple video outputs that can be run simultaneously, I can't wait for you to prove this theory of yours.

"there is no reason why you shouldnt at least have 1 tv in the house that supports hdmi. " - You're not the first unimaginative poster to jump to this conclusion. The reason I want multiple video outputs is so I can run HDMI to my HD TV while running a separate HDMI cable to my DVD reorder without having to use a splitter that will serve to degrade the video signal.

You have said this like 3 times already. We get it. Everyone can read your posts.

Please read my previous post to get my point that you don't have to hit the "Reply" button to each individual post.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 30 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

BR4CR wrote:

My point is I'd like to run HDMI to my TV and a separate HDMI to my DVD recorder. I'd rather not have to use a separate splitter that would degrade the video signal. Sony has put multiple video outputs on several home video products since 1979. Why did they stop at the Playstation?

um this in nothing reaaly new consoles never did support multiple outputs, even microsoft and nintendo doesnt support it.. and besides the ps4 does come with the ability to record gameplay, and you can choose to use ustream or even upload them to youtube.

oh there are game capture devices that does a pretty good job without too much degradation

>

Message 19 of 30 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Sorry about the multiple replies. I thought replying to a post meant I was replying to a post.

Just because they've never done it before doesn't excuse not doing it in the future. Any amount of degradation is too much, IMHO. And these splitters are not free. After paying $600. for a console, I expect the bare bones basics that Sony had been delivering (without my having to ask them) for the past 26 years.

Also: Sony has PROMISED the ability to record. They have PROMISED you can upload to youtube. They promised backwards compatibility then took it away from us. I don't trust their promises. Will I be able to edit these videos before posting? Can I load them off of the PS4 into my PC for editing? Can I post them to facebook or to a gaming website? There are way too many unanswered questions for me to rely on any promises Sony makes.

Message 20 of 30 (55 Views)
0 Likes