Mar 08 2012
By: craz3eddie66 Hekseville Citizen 333 posts
Accepted Solution

Music Unlimited Offline Music option Limitation?

5 replies 294 views Edited Mar 8, 2012

I just downloaded the Music Unlimited app from the PS Store and tested it out. It works flawlessly and beautifully. The problem I have is when I try to enable the Offline Music option. This is the message I get when I try enabling it:

"Could not enable Offline Music on this PS Vita system. The maximum number of devices that can be enabled for offline music use has been reached. To enable this PS Vita system for offline use, you must disable an existing device."

This just cannot be possible because as far as I know the Vita is the ONLY system that can do Offline Music. So how did I reach the maximum limitation when I just got the app? I researched online for this but there is nothing on it because the app just came out and many people do not talk about Music Unlimited. For those here who do have Music Unlimited on their Vitas do you have this same problem? Is there a solution?

I was thinking two possibilities:

1. Disable the PS3 from Music Unlimited (this wouldn't make sense seeing as the PS3 has NO Offline Music)

2. Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Let me see what happens.

Message 1 of 6 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: Music Unlimited Offline Music option Limitation?

Mar 8, 2012

Silly me I figured it out. It turns out my Walkman Series A (which supports Music Unlimited but offline) was the other registered device seeing as the mp3 players had no WIFI. So I had to deregister it from my laptop in order for my Vita to gain access. Sucks only one device at a time for Offline Music. Oh well.

Message 2 of 6 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jul 15, 2013

How did you unregister it from your laptop.  I have this issue and cant figure out how to remove other devices.  I don't have the devices that have the offline, so I feel like I'm a bit screwed. 

Message 3 of 6 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I have been going through this same situation. I have been trying set up my Galaxy S4 to play offline music but keep getting the error message saying that I reached the maximum limit of "3" devices. Been in touch with a rep from Playstation who has been trying his hardest to solve this issue. Apparently Music Unlimited is a 3rd party service and not solely run by Sony it's somethin of a hassle to get resolved. But I have confidence in this guy to solve the problem he doesn't seem to be the uncaring type and has called me quite a few times to follow up.

Message 4 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Happened to me as well long ago. I also had the 3 device limit and like you I had a rep who kept trying to do everything to help me out. Eventually he did because I was able to play offline on the devices I wanted. Lesson learned is to disconnect a device already with the offline option before getting rid of it. They really need to figure something out to make this easier.

Message 5 of 6 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3602 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I love the offline music service. This is probably the most under rated streaming music service out there

Message 6 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes