Apr 13 2012
By: PhoenixArcher128 PlayStation MVP 13627 posts

My Journey

[ Edited ]
11 replies 796 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

Yeah, I know...dead forum is dead...but the game is just so awesome. Completely indescribable, but just so awesome.

Thought I'd start some talk about it here, so I have an entire playthrough of the game, found here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48449B1D3185DE6E

So, what do you guys think of the game, for good or bad?

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (796 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Re: My Journey

Jun 12, 2012

i think it's an awesome game. if they could they should make a couple more areas.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (796 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Absolutely fantastic game, I very much enjoyed it.

- Excellence does not know a day when it can say "I quit" -
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (787 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10781 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Journey is quite beautiful. The cloth technology is inspired. Not just for the scarf dangling off your back, but the way the desert sands act as a fabric in windy spots is very appealing.

Visuals aside, I do think Journey is not on par with Flower. Flower is great to look at as well as play. You're constantly rotating the controller around, soaring through the air, searching for that next set of flower buds you haven't opened. Journey feels like it gives you less to do. There's only so much of the game, and if you're not walking in slow-motion then you're boosting along in short bursted jumps. The mechanics of levitation and camera aren't 100% to my liking either, but I do think the game's put together well enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (772 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46813 posts

Jul 9, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Yeah, I know...dead forum is dead...but the game is just so awesome. Completely indescribable, but just so awesome.

Thought I'd start some talk about it here, so I have an entire playthrough of the game, found here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48449B1D3185DE6E

So, what do you guys think of the game, for good or bad?

You just made me want to play again.

I heard a "special edition" disc is coming out with journey, flow, and flower all on it.  3 Great games in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (754 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

nice videos phoenix, one correction, you were in the wrong spot to receive the ancestor trophy.

Spoiler
it's on the second floor of the tall bldg(the temple) in the middle.

thanks for posting this, you always make nice quality videos. 

edit: correction found in both spots, but not during the same play through.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (549 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1522 posts

Dec 16, 2012

thatgamecompany has forums for their games here: http://www.thatgamecompany.com/forum/index.php There are areas for each game, and the Journey forum is much more active. If you would like to get the most from your Journey experience; I highly reccommend it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (533 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7441 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Ill be downloading this very soon.  Lookinf forward to the playthrough.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (497 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46813 posts

Jan 7, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Ill be downloading this very soon.  Lookinf forward to the playthrough.

did you play it yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

I really liked it, it was one of the first games I bought for myself for Christmas. Loved my first game and the robes I played with were playful and helpful.  Played it for the second time and got help from a player in a white robe and a looong scarf who showd me where to get a few trophies. When the wind blew me off the starcase and I climbed back up it was like I was being chastised "now I told to to stick to the wall" lol. We ran in circles in the sand and the white robe made hearts before the end of the game to say goodbye. I hope I see that robe again, kind of sad we don't know who we are playing with but thats part of the emotion of thegame. Well if you played the game with me that ended 12:15  midnight on the night of Jan 8th you know who you are. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (427 Views)