Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
29038 posts

Re: My Niece getting PS3 for her birthday

Apr 11, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

kknd2002 wrote:
I don't know how old you guys are but you guys really underestimate what a 7 years old kid can do nowadays. Games like tomb raider and uncharted are T rated games, it's not like she gets manhunt or something for her birthday.

The new Tomb Raider (the 2013 one) is actually an M-rated video game and it has some pretty gruesome death scenes.

I know lol, I finished the game... He was talking about Tomb Raider Trilogy.

That's still rated for 16 year olds!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (145 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3374 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Great engrossing games for younger children.

the LEGO games are good. Specifically my children like them, and the latest great one I LOVE! LEGO Lord Of The Rings. Me and all my children 5 yrs. and up play it.

Little Big Planet 2. Something we all love too.

Pixel Junk Monsters, something to grow up with! 

I have a nearly 6 year old that can play harder games, but he doesn't get how to do this or that atimes and humor and violence are just too much for younger kids.

T games: Warhawk and Starhawk. Doable, but turn off the sound for everyone's mics or else ... if war is the answer.

I have some M games and I struggle with letting even my 12 year old being within in earshot. Lots of Aventure games seem appropriate for a savvy kid, but really, there are so many games that are wholesome or just not as M or T for little kids.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (145 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11065 posts

Apr 11, 2013

That's a very nice gift she will be unwrapping, especially with games like Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and the Uncharted series. Have you thought about getting any other games along the way? Portal 2 is one such highly recommended game. It's extremely clever, has you working your pea-brained logic, and it comes wrapped in a hilarious story with unforgettable characters... including a potato. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

I laughed at the Tomb Raider Trilogy gift. I hope your niece likes jiggling **bleep**!

Wow you can't even say the b-word on here? Can I say chest puppies?

Edit: Yes I can.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:
I don't know how old you guys are but you guys really underestimate what a 7 years old kid can do nowadays. Games like tomb raider and uncharted are T rated games, it's not like she gets manhunt or something for her birthday.

Tomb Raider is rated M (the older games were still rated T). Uncharted is rated T..... this child is 6 years old.... pretty sure Teens doesn't start until 13....

Doesn't matter "what a 7 year old kid can do nowadays".... thats the problem.... poor parenting. When you have a child you want to let their imagination run wild while still protecting their innocence.

The question is not the coordination of a child.... the problem is what the child is being subjected to.... no one is questioning a 6 year olds ability to play games, we're questioning the games the "parents" are buying for this kid. 

The only games they should be buying are E (Everyone) and EC (Early Childhood) games for this kid.

I do hope you're limiting the amount of time they play these games.... the last thing you want to do is kill their imagination while they're still young by enabling them to vegitate in front of a screen to pacify them

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (119 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 11, 2013

1 Whoa guys I didn't know I was going cause a mild storm  here

2 my 6 year old niece already know the games like uncharted series are not real and she been playing classic tomb raider series and tomb raider legend and tomb raider anniverary since she was three and she thinks its stupid when people get in trouble they blame games

3 I usually change my mind on gifts for my nieces around holidays which mean I could end up buying her sly collection and sly 4 

4 There a good chance she won't be online with her ps3

5  she love starfox adventures which is rated teen and she adore that game

6  She not allow to play M rated  games like grand theft auto  or Horror games

Sony Gamers Rules
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Sorceressvampire wrote:

Hi PS3 fans monday my brother and his girlfriend got the their 6 year old daughter a ps3 and three games for her  7th birthday t and Dead island for the grown ups to play  and my niece been asking for ps3 for since she was 4 and  I be getting her Ratchet and Clank future tools of Destruction and tomb raider trilogy and later this year around christmas time I be getting her the uncharted series.

I think you should get her a ps plus card and down load little big planet for free.. i would recommend a few tink,create games like hd  wave racer, somthing simple and easy.. Let  her start off with games that are fantasy and  fun before you throw her into the frying pan of  hardcore games.. Witht his littel ps plus  card she can download games for free  also itnot hard on her parents and yourself  with the pricing of them. I would recommend a few psn games.

Find out what she like 1st and what makes her  smile. HAppy gaming in your future

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29038 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Sorceressvampire wrote:

1 Whoa guys I didn't know I was going cause a mild storm  here

2 my 6 year old niece already know the games like uncharted series are not real and she been playing classic tomb raider series and tomb raider legend and tomb raider anniverary since she was three and she thinks its stupid when people get in trouble they blame games

3 I usually change my mind on gifts for my nieces around holidays which mean I could end up buying her sly collection and sly 4 

4 There a good chance she won't be online with her ps3

5  she love starfox adventures which is rated teen and she adore that game

She not allow to play M rated  games like grand theft auto  or Horror games

What, until she's 8?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Apr 11, 2013
If she's played other Tomb Raider games, go for any of the T-rated ones. The new one just pass on til she's older...

I don't think she'll enjoy Uncharted, since it is geared a bit more towards adults and understanding what's going on and all; the humor will go right over her head and she may wonder why he's a jerk. (personally, I don't like Uncharted, so yeah, bias)

Definitely go for more "kid-friendly" games...the LEGO games are great (even for adults...I had a ton of fun with LEGO LOTR recently), LBP (2, Karting) is good, Pixeljunk is great, Sly is good. Also look over the PSN store; tons of games there she may like (and you can have her try demos too). Just stay away from more violent games and you should be fine; however, if she does like shooters, look for ones without overdoing it on the gore side.

And as much as I do hate kids playing M-Rated games (since 99% of them are doing it without the parents having a clue), some kids can handle T and M-rated games. I played T and M-rated games when I was a kid (no, I'm not going to say exactly how old I was when I started playing Doom, but it would shock you; then again it would shock some of you to know I like it at all since I'm female and "can't like shooters". Come to Starhawk if you want to tell me I can't game with guys, I dare you) and I'm not some crazy (ignore previous inserted statement). It does depend on the kid, and she knows her niece better.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Apr 12, 2013
I would go with the Dora games on PSN or LBP even Jak and Daxter Trilogy.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (75 Views)
0 Likes