Jun 26 2014
By: Dark_Shadow413 Splicer 45 posts

My Thoughts on the PS4 and Indie Games

[ Edited ]
21 replies 214 views Edited Jun 26, 2014

i've had a ps4 for a couple months now and honestly i have more fun on my ps3. i feel sony needs to update so we can add our music, videos, and pictures on it.. is that really something that takes this long with everyone that has complained about it? second i know this wouldn't be all on sony but all these indie games really are a big downside to me atleast.. and here is why. in the ps4's game store there are around 83 different games 5 of those are free. leaves us with 78 out of those 43 are indie games.

We have only gotten indie games on the ps plus on the ps4(which is  fine new system and all). now the thing that bothers me these indie games get better reviews than our so called AAA games **bleep**. TowerFall ascensoin and Trine 2 both get better ratings then most of our games this includes Watch Dogs, Cod Ghost, Nba2k14, Killzone and Infamous. in my opinion most of these indie games dont belong on a  ps4. or any next gen console(if so give them a real rating Ign). And Sony should be working on updates to make the ps4 more enjoyable.  

What  are everyone else's thought on the ps4 at the moment

Mod Edit: Updated label, subject title & added breaks to body of text. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 22 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5698 posts

Re: my thoughts on the ps4,

Jun 26, 2014

Here we go again.. lmao

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 2 of 22 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Jun 26, 2014

The PS4 is a great system I like it better than PS3....dual shock 3 controller sucks balls.  Give Sony some time they will implement that stuff they just wanted to focus on the gaming aspect first since microsoft went the media way

Message 3 of 22 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5838 posts

Jun 26, 2014

imprezawrx0385 wrote:

The PS4 is a great system I like it better than PS3....dual shock 3 controller sucks balls.  Give Sony some time they will implement that stuff they just wanted to focus on the gaming aspect first since microsoft went the media way

I've had my DS3 for 5 years and it hasn't broken on me yet, and the charge on it is 5x that of the DS4 - which breaks every other day on a good many people who complain about it on here. 

Message 4 of 22 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

i know overall its better then the ps3. the graphics are incredible on games but the review's they give these indie games are crazy. and Ds3 Good quality. DS4 like the control but not as durable. 

Message 5 of 22 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Jun 26, 2014

Mine works great  DS3 is the most uncomfortable controller in video game history

Message 6 of 22 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
711 posts

Jun 26, 2014
Is this a thought on the PS4 or indies?
Message 7 of 22 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11715 posts

Jun 26, 2014

It shouldn't bother that you independent games are scoring higher ratings on review sites than some major release titles do. Reviewers apparently don't care that the games are independent. Why should it matter? I celebrate the fact... well, opinion... that Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction has a much more compelling story, gameplay features, sound design, and more than some triple-A dud like The Legendary Starfy. Indie games have the power to astonish and dismay their audience, while at the same time you could express that exact sentiment about major release titles.

The pasture isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Having played major releases such as Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall, and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes within the past year for the PlayStation 4 system, all of which have failed to be splendid and worthy of getting my official seal of approval. I'd imagine it might be different for you if you don't share the same opinion. All I can say about the PlayStation 4 is that it is the worst PlayStation console in the history of the PlayStation brand. It's not because of indies and it's not because of lack of extra media support either. It's because for the most part the only amazing games on the system are games I've already bought and paid for on the PlayStation 3. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 22 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10738 posts

Jun 26, 2014

Dark_Shadow413 wrote:

i've had a ps4 for a couple months now and honestly i have more fun on my ps3. i feel sony needs to update so we can add our music, videos, and pictures on it.. is that really something that takes this long with everyone that has complained about it? second i know this wouldn't be all on sony but all these indie games really are a big downside to me atleast.. and here is why. in the ps4's game store there are around 83 different games 5 of those are free. leaves us with 78 out of those 43 are indie games. we have only gotten indie games on the ps plus on the ps4(which is  fine new system and all). now the thing that bothers me these indie games get better reviews than our so called AAA games **bleep**. TowerFall ascensoin and Trine 2 both get better ratings then most of our games this includes Watch Dogs, Cod Ghost, Nba2k14, Killzone and Infamous. in my opinion most of these indie games dont belong on a  ps4. or any next gen console(if so give them a real rating Ign). And Sony should be working on updates to make the ps4 more enjoyable.  

What  are everyone else's thought on the ps4 at the moment

welcome to the forums.

ideas/wants/suggestions go here --> http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

"indie" games are games too, the *only* reason they are called indies is because they are self-published, instead of going through a big publisher like activision or EA. why shouldn't they get the same review process as any other game?

why don't they belong on PS4? do you not realize that, at one point, most AAA developers were "indies" at one point? 

also, AAA games, normally, take more than a year to make, sometimes 2+ years. how do you, or anyone else, expect these devs to crank out decent games in less than a year? if they did, then you'd be on here asking why you got a half-assed game...

Message 9 of 22 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: My Thoughts on the PS4

Jun 26, 2014
The AAA games will start rolling out like crazy starting in september. Once Destiny releases i will be happy.
Message 10 of 22 (164 Views)
0 Likes