Jul 14 2014
By: BeersYourFriend First Son 19 posts

My Top 30 Future Updates that should come to PS4!

[ Edited ]
2 replies 144 views Edited Jul 14, 2014

My Top 30 Future Updates the Playstation 4 Needs!

1.) 3D BlueRay Support
2.) MP3 Player
3.) Ability to turn off the light bar completely.
4.) Update / Tweak the controllers for extended battery life.
5.) YouTube
6.) Arrange titles of games and apps how we want, and not see what we last played as number 1.
7.) Give us the option to add a different background of our choice, instead to the blue playstation and swirls...
8.) Notifications of friends, and notifications about what they are playing.
9.) Controller's Yellow Charge light should be able to option it off, as well as PS4 for a pleasant night of sleep.
10.) Weather Status added next to the time, and forecast alerts in your area.
11.) iHeart Radio.
12.) Create Folders for Games / Videos / Music, ect... For personalizations, and weed out so many tiles.
13.) Add more apps that are more interesting, like those on iOS and Andriod devices.
14.) External HardDrive support, instead of opening up our PS4's.
15.) Use the touchpad to swipe and select Games or other Apps as a way to navigate on the PS4 home screen.
16.) Have the touchpad work with the WWW Internet App.
17.) Twitter needs to be more organized and show category's / genre for looking of games to watch.
18.) Fix the video buffering problems while trying to watch a simple trailer of a game. Auto adjust resolution?
19.) Twitter or Facebook specific applications to use, instead of using a phone or computer.
20.) Ability to adjust Font type or size for added personalization and readability on the dashboard / anywhere.
21.) Fix games from Crashing while trying to play them. Like the game Strider that crashed 20min ago...
22.) Add a Battery indicator right at the PS4s home screen at all times.
23.) Make our Personal icon or Facebook icon bigger at the top of the PS4 home screen. It's small...
24.) Get rid to the Health and Safety info when you start the PS4. We will take our chances.
25.) Louder Speaker output on the DS4 somehow?
26.) Skype support. I don't own a camera, but it would be nice since you can buy a camera for PS4.
27.) Add Email support to check out our emails on the PS4.
28.) Add custom widgets / apps to arrange on screen.
29.) Playstation 4 daily news alerts, so we have something to be excited about. Like updates, games, to stay in touch.
30.) Lastly resume games from where they last left off, instead of closing its application to use another. Multitasking!

And those are my top 30 ideas that I think a majority of you guys would agree with.
Simple ideas really...

The biggest thing the Playstation needs is Personalization! Personalization! How? Like I stated above...
1.) Different options or colors for our Home Screen instead of the nice blue default theme. Green? Photo? Etc...
2.) Set your application tiles in a fixed and organized order, instead of what you last played as the first on the list.
3.) Custom Folders to add Applications / Games to, and less clutter our Home Screen.
4.) A bigger Game Icon / Facebook picture? A bit small right now...
5.) Custom text, or ability to Bolden Text.
6.) Personal Gestures so we can swipe in certain ways to open applications. (At Home Screen Only of course.)
7.) Weather forecast and notifications in our area? A temperature icon sitting next to the Time.

What are your thoughts?
Which out of my 30 ideas is most interesting to you?
Please Comment or share some of your ideas below...

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 3 (144 Views)
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Re: My Top 30 Future Updates that should come to PS4!

Jul 14, 2014

BeersYourFriend wrote:

1.) 3D BlueRay Support - Not really a big concern for me since I do not have a 3D TV, but others do have a 3D TV so I'm sure it would be a welcomed update.
2.) MP3 Player - Completely agree with this feature
5.) YouTube - Completely agree with this feature
6.) Arrange titles of games and apps how we want, and not see what we last played as number 1. - I am starting to get used to the current format of the tiles, but I would much rather have the ability to arrange how I would like them.
7.) Give us the option to add a different background of our choice, instead to the blue playstation and swirls... - I would also like this customization option. The blue background is very nice, but options are nice as well.
12.) Create Folders for Games / Videos / Music, ect... For personalizations, and weed out so many tiles. - Coincides with number 6 and I agree with this one as well. Pretty much like we had in the PS3.
14.) External HardDrive support, instead of opening up our PS4's. - I was really hoping we would have this feature by now, but I have learned to be extremely patient when it comes to this stuff.
15.) Use the touchpad to swipe and select Games or other Apps as a way to navigate on the PS4 home screen. - Not a must have feature, but it is very interesting idea and I could see myself possibly using it, if it was done properly.
21.) Fix games from Crashing while trying to play them. Like the game Strider that crashed 20min ago... - I am not sure if this is a Sony issue or a game developer issue, but I had and still have this problem while playing a few different games. This would be a great fix/update to have. 
22.) Add a Battery indicator right at the PS4s home screen at all times. - I really like this idea, I also liked the way we could check the battery indicator on the PS3 while playing a game or when we had an app open, just a quick press & release on the PS button, rather than the PS4s option of having to hold down the PS button. I know its just a few more seconds, but I really liked how it was implemented on the PS3.
24.) Get rid to the Health and Safety info when you start the PS4. We will take our chances. - This is an interesting idea, but I think the best way to incorporate this is to give users an option to turn it off and on, I do not see it happening though.
29.) Playstation 4 daily news alerts, so we have something to be excited about. Like updates, games, to stay in touch. - This is also a very interesting idea and I am not going to lie, I would really like to see this implemented in the future. However, I do not see this happening because if there is a release date put on something and it has to be changed or does not happen at all, Sony would receive a great deal of complaints, and that is not something they would want happening. Just my opinion, but I honestly would like to see this happen in the future.

Message 2 of 3 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: My Top 30 Future Updates that should come to PS4!

Jul 14, 2014

good list i agree with it all

"Hi, my names Deadpool, and I'm a disfigured and mentally unstable mercenary." -Wade Wilson
Message 3 of 3 (106 Views)
0 Likes