Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 11 2013
By: Baxters_RULE First Son 4 posts

My playstation wont start up

3 replies 85 views Edited May 11, 2013

When ever I turn it on the green led is on and nothing comes up. I tried holding the power button when it first comes on to put it back to the default audio video setting and that didn't work. Is there anything I can do to get it to work even if I have to take it somewhere to get it fixed or at least get my data off of it to get it put on the new system if possible.

Message 1 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30434 posts

Re: My playstation wont start up

May 11, 2013

Baxters_RULE wrote:

When ever I turn it on the green led is on and nothing comes up. I tried holding the power button when it first comes on to put it back to the default audio video setting and that didn't work. Is there anything I can do to get it to work even if I have to take it somewhere to get it fixed or at least get my data off of it to get it put on the new system if possible.

You can send your sysyem to Sony, a thIrd-pary company like Endless Electronics or Gophermods, a local company near you or last but not least you could try to ascertain what is wrong with it & try to fix it yourself, as for your data, that will be lost now unless you can get your PS3 to turn on for long enough to perform a back-up, or if you had previously made a back-up or have PS Plus!

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 12, 2013

if u put a disc in can u hear it do anything? when u say nothing comes up, is the screen black, does it look like anything is trying to appear? is your cables in correctly, or on the correct input? it prob is i just throwing those things out there. have u tried the safe mode? holding down the power button till it turns off and on, then letting go and holding it down again till u hear 2 beeps? anything come up then? 

Message 3 of 4 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3124 posts

May 12, 2013
Yes more information is needed for us to try and help you. What cables are you using? HDMI, Standard Red Yellow white RCA jacks? Have you tried another TV or maybe another cable if you have one to spare?
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 4 of 4 (46 Views)
0 Likes