Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
80 posts

Re: NEW BUNDLE: 3G, 8GB, free PSN game, 1 month Data pass, $299. Edited for 1st Edition Bundle upgrade

Jan 28, 2012

When I read it on Amazon it looks like you have to pay for a month of service before getting the free month and the free game... did anyone else read it that way?

Message 31 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Re: NEW BUNDLE: 3G, 8GB, free PSN game, 1 month Data pass, $299. Edited for 1st Edition Bundle upgrade

Jan 28, 2012

The larger memory card alone makes it a steal.  Everything else is cherry

Message 32 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 28, 2012

From what i read, i dont think you have to pay for the first month. When you activate the free plan, it with last for 30 days or until your used up the 250 MB data. After the data plan expires in 30 days, you get a code to redeem for a free psn game. You must cancel it before it expires or it will auto charge you for the next month.

Message 33 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 28, 2012

I probably wont end up getting this

Ps vita wifi only

32 GB memory Card

Uncharted

carrying case

screen protector

thats a little 430 , I ordeed all this on amazon . no tax so yayyy

Message 34 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Dear Fellow First Edition Buyers,

In my opinion, the first edition bundle doesn't hold the same amount of value it once did. I braved the people that called the the 3g version of the PS Vita useless. I also braved the people who said the case is extremely cheap and ugly, and that Little Deviants won't be a good game. I really wanted the Vita, and I wanted it as soon as possible. I couldn't have been more excited for the playstation vita. That was until sony gave us, "fans" the cold shoulder. These new bundle options have really offended me in some ways.

Now there, I'm not someone that gets offended when someone throws me a bone. But I feel like the first edition bundle got the short end of the stick and here's why:

Prior to 3G launch bundle announcement:

The first edition bundle was the only one out of the three that came with extras. This made it more appealing and you actually saved a bit of money than if you bought these extras separately. We would value the 3g vita at $300, Little Deviants at $30, 4gb card at $20 dollars, and the case for let's say $20 even though it's probably not worth that much. That means that we saved approximately $20. This was known as the free case fiasco. (People kept on saying that all you really got was a free case) But I still personally felt that receiveing the system one week in advance made this bundle worth the purchase.

After the 3G launch bundle announcement:

You can no longer value the 3g vita system in the first edition bundle as $300. This is because the $300 dollar 3G vita now comes with an 8gb card. This is double the amount of memory that the first edition bundle comes with. Since an 8gb card is worth $30 you subtract that from the $300 total. This makes the system $270, Little Deviants at $30 dollars, 4gb card at $20 dollars, and the case for the approximately $20. The total for this bundle is $340. Which actually makes the first edition buyers pay $10 EXTRA dollars for getting it a week early. You don't even save any money!!!!!!!!!!

So now it feels like we pay 10 extra dollars to get a system one week early to get a seemingly free game valued at 30 dollars that we can't even pick. Sure people say that the first edition bundle comes with a case and little deviants for free. But technically thats out of the 50 extra dollars you spend on the first edition bundle. And if you read my mathematical logic it really is 60 extra dollars when you look at the 8gb card to 4gb card reduction.

I really want a vita. Really really badly. And I'm not trashing the system or bad mouthing it. But I feel a little disrespected, being a loyal sony fan. I wanted to get this system early. And in truth I still need to. That's why I'm asking you, my fellow gamers, to not settle for less. Lets get more value for our vitas. We are loyal sony fans. We want to be heard.

PS Why am I kind of angry. I'm a broke college student paying for himself but seriously I know my math, read it, join my resistance. R=V/I by that I mean e-mail sony.

Message 35 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jan 28, 2012

I wonder if this means there's any possibility of preorder bonuses for the Wifi model (This bundle is pretty much a preorder bonus as it is only for preorders and day 1 buyers, extremely limited).

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 36 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 28, 2012

you must have a credit card on file thats where there trying to get you.  just like the psplus free month that comes with new playstations now. well when my original fat died i got a new one the next day and thank god i read the card it was on because in small print it said you would be charged for THREE months if you did not cancel before the month was up.

Message 37 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Shadelon wrote:

I wonder if this means there's any possibility of preorder bonuses for the Wifi model (This bundle is pretty much a preorder bonus as it is only for preorders and day 1 buyers, extremely limited).

Get your Portable ID!

Technically both the 3G launch bundle and the first edition launch bundle are preorder bonuses/bundles. I doubt that the wifi version will get something bundled in with it. Unless by some magical way sony decides to include an 8gb card in both the first edition bundle and 3G launch bundle and then chooses to include a 4gb card with the wifi version of the system. Honestly, if they did that, not many people would be as angry about the priority memory. Hence, an increase in sales for the system hardware.

Message 38 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Well Australia (and UK I think) got special earphones and other stuff as a preorder bonus. I don't necessarily mean bundles. Just preorder bonuses in general.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 39 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jan 28, 2012

well today im goin to gamestop to try an switch my preorder, ill let you guys know what happens

Message 40 of 46 (16 Views)
0 Likes