Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Re: NRA Blaming Video Games for the Violence.

Jan 13, 2013

TX11 wrote:

im not saying video games are the problem to why people commit these crimes and murder.   But i will say why is it that games like this one here even see the light of day.  http://www.666gamer.com/play-173-Kindergarten-Killer.html    I have been a gamer for over 25 years and when a game like this is made it hurts the industry.   If you cannot admit that a game like that can be accessed by anyone without restriction is not hurting society or harming mentally ill children and adults  then you really should take a step back and look at things differently.   People who already have issues present are very easily influenced by games like this one above.  Weather its ten years old or not is not the point.  The point that this game was even developed is a disgrace on the gaming community.    

Also take a look around that website and you will find countless games that should have never been made.    Gamers want to think of games as a form of art  but no artist pants a bunch of children getting murdered by crazed idiots. 

I don't disagree with you that there are some games that should never be made, should never see the light of day. There are some very hateful games out there and people will use them to release frustrations. I remember ones about Osama Bin Laden after 9/11, ones about Michael Jackson dropping babies out of windows and you had to catch the babies to save them, Elf bowling, there's an RPG based off of Columbine, the list goes on. Extremely distasteful.

But it's never as simple as saying "Yes, this game made this person do that." "This song caused that person to kill these people." People are complex. The reasons people do things are rarely cut and dry. Quite often there are a lot of things that have driven a person to do what they do.

As I've mentioned several times (and will continue to do so) there is a severe mental health crisis in this country. There is also a lack of responsibility in today's society. People would far rather blame someone or something else for the things they do, than simply say "Yeah I did it. So what?" They want to blame their parents, they blame their co-workers, they blame the tobacco companies, they blame music, they blame the bullies, they blame this that and the other. But they don't take responsibility. In the end, no matter what is said or done, only You can control what You do. No one forces you to do anything. You might feel like there are no choices, you might feel forced, but you ultimately make the choice to do something. If you're willing to take action, then you need to be wiling to deal with the consequence (good or bad) for what you do.

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 173 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6380 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

TX11 wrote:

im not saying video games are the problem to why people commit these crimes and murder.   But i will say why is it that games like this one here even see the light of day.  http://www.666gamer.com/play-173-Kindergarten-Killer.html    I have been a gamer for over 25 years and when a game like this is made it hurts the industry.   If you cannot admit that a game like that can be accessed by anyone without restriction is not hurting society or harming mentally ill children and adults  then you really should take a step back and look at things differently.   People who already have issues present are very easily influenced by games like this one above.  Weather its ten years old or not is not the point.  The point that this game was even developed is a disgrace on the gaming community.    

Also take a look around that website and you will find countless games that should have never been made.    Gamers want to think of games as a form of art  but no artist pants a bunch of children getting murdered by crazed idiots. 

I don't disagree with you that there are some games that should never be made, should never see the light of day. There are some very hateful games out there and people will use them to release frustrations. I remember ones about Osama Bin Laden after 9/11, ones about Michael Jackson dropping babies out of windows and you had to catch the babies to save them, Elf bowling, there's an RPG based off of Columbine, the list goes on. Extremely distasteful.

But it's never as simple as saying "Yes, this game made this person do that." "This song caused that person to kill these people." People are complex. The reasons people do things are rarely cut and dry. Quite often there are a lot of things that have driven a person to do what they do.

As I've mentioned several times (and will continue to do so) there is a severe mental health crisis in this country. There is also a lack of responsibility in today's society. People would far rather blame someone or something else for the things they do, than simply say "Yeah I did it. So what?" They want to blame their parents, they blame their co-workers, they blame the tobacco companies, they blame music, they blame the bullies, they blame this that and the other. But they don't take responsibility. In the end, no matter what is said or done, only You can control what You do. No one forces you to do anything. You might feel like there are no choices, you might feel forced, but you ultimately make the choice to do something. If you're willing to take action, then you need to be wiling to deal with the consequence (good or bad) for what you do.

i think  it fall on parenting aswell  and  also moral values and likes. Alot of parents out here are smoking and drinking  with there  kids  giving them condoms to have sex.    A condom is not going to stop herpes or  body scabbies... Its the complex  of the person  thinking ways which agree with you..

Some people have  a moral value and others do not. They see  video games as fun and  others really will go try  it for fun . I Know a few  guys who never tried to skate board till the game "skate" came out. Alot game  are buisness marketing tools, publication of  something else, people can identify with or acustom too seeing everyday. Thats what  i mean games are getting too realistic.. You can actually buy the clothes in "skate 2 " video game. Other types of games it will be  custom made type of thing.

i remember when nothing but shooters was flooding the market and still are.?   Alot saw nothing but shooters  in the market with volent games gameplay for sake  of income.  The dev and publisher goes with what hot and sell at the time.? does it effect the buyer,  i think so to a extent.>?   Video games are  broken  down by genre not popularity.. This is why gamers dont know what a real  rpg/jrpg or  platformer looks like or plays like becuase they just  popluate the market with one type and  violence  of  gore of popularity.  When  you have devs  who get desprate  to compete and  who  see these feature as the overall  best, they say "im going to add  it here". They start mixing genre's, ok nothing with that but theres is  a fine  line  with it and  when they  start throwing" the core" out.    What made these gamers  a fan to start with of the game. Thats where my problem lye. i dont think  adding more violence and  etc to the game make it better, just for sake of popluarity or  sales.

I dont agree with adding burnout type of racing to ridge racer franchise will solve any problems for them.    Just becuase  its popluar  dnt make it right, also  your selling  violence for sake of  profit becuase  ridge racer is not a voilent game, it was not about  wreck-it to a  scrap heap.It was  about fast  controlled  speeding and drifting with  techniques. I  understand  burnout is about awsome wrecks and etc , nothing wrong with  that, its not  everybody cup of tea.

One thing i understand,  people adapt to things that make them comfortable. Im confortable playing this game genre becuase it different i can identify with it, but this over here this other genre  is not  my thing. So  when you  have  a dev who just changes it ,  it kills  gaming and  the gamer identity  some what. People like to be original.. or bragging rights. they dont to say "oh  we have that too"  to get better. they want the dev to use  the core  and  add  things that improve" the core" without neglecting it.

It might be part of there (gamers) moral  value  likes or a escape to  them in some kind of way . but they can  identify themselves with that game and the genre. let me  you a example.  the game flower is moving flower peddles to  motion andmusic. nothing violent about that  game. But lets  say they add storms and  thunder  rain and etc too. Does that hurt the gme, no it doesnt it intrigue the buyer and fan base it improves the core of that game which move in motion with a flower. Now lets they add blood and  guts and etc splatting all over  the screen, murder yells and hollar of help.. Now that  upset the fan base. it would be  wth? it goes away from the core

Becuase they can  identify themselves  what with flower and how it  works,  the calmness, purity  might part of their hidden  character as a person. If they want silent  hill and fratal frame gore, they would buy it. Just becuase a person like gore doesnt make them mentally ill,  im just saying they can identty themselve with it somewhat  they enjoy the rush the excitment.. Now lets take mystery out of silent hill and  creppy noises  and  add flower like melody to it and everybody happy,   the zombies  are giving rides to the  esacape with  a  rainbow parade for  the children .. And the dev say they added hese thing's becuase its  poplaur.   How  would alot feel? whould you buy that next edition

Let say all devs  change all their games to  flower like game  all positive no gore, no death, shooting or killing.. would  alot still be a gamer? Or  would alot get angry over it.. I say  with 100% certainity   will alot will get angry over, becuase they can identify themselves some with the brand. Not in mentally ill  way but in some kind of way or outlet in their character. as person. which lead to my points when devs flood the market with  so many  violent games,  you create an identity for some one, which is true.. same goes for music, art etc etc.

Im not anti  violent in gaming nor sayin bann all violence in games. im saying gaming is being to  one wayed and  they're neglecting genre alot of them posittive in gaming and uplifting,   adding to much to games to draw a audience  the majority of the times its a violent act.

Im not  saying  take the blade of hades out  god of war games  and replace with  pillows and  when its  hit a bad guy in god of war they get  bible preaching  degrees, and  kratos go  all over the game making it positive and holy..   That would upset the fan base , becuase they  can indentfy  themselve with  kratos, the   take no crap attitude and " im  going overcome this challlnge no matter how hard for the betterment of myself" which is postive thing..It does not have to be about  the gore and killing part it  can be small  that postive part of what kratos  does and gow is about that  bring gamers in.. They  can idnentity themesleves with it, nothing  negative/wrong with that.

Some gamers  gain  courage/confidence from  krato's demeanor, its  make them  betters in a way. This is why a few  buy  god of war, it has nothig to do with  the out ragous gore and etc.  But another gaming dev might not see it from that angle/perspective. they see it from "hey let have gore to its max like gow".. And they say if they if like gow come play our game now we changed  it,   its 100 times more gore than  god of war"  To me thats wrong, your selling violence and  violating the principles of gaming, and also what made  the  customer a customer for your starting franchise

, its  destroying the genre  and gaming some what, bring the wrong type of attention to gaming.

That where my problem lye and relate to society. Gamer build a indenty with games.. Some guys have bought cars off gt franchise  games and some guy have bought  guns off  cod game and some gamer have bought flowers becuase saw them in flower  the video game. They loved it  the can identify themselves with it in some kind of way.. I think that where the parent comes in and let  child know,  and show them other games.. if they can buy   god of war  they can buy them   sly coopper, they can buy them hamsterball, flower.

Teach them other genres let  have more taste  dont let them become menatlly a ttached to  a violent game gerne and nothing but  violent games. Show them a balance of gaming and positivity..    I think they will be better for it also gaming.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 173 (165 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24341 posts

Jan 13, 2013

An update for those who are still interested; the town of Southington, CT cancelled the video game buyback yesterday. Critics were saying it was akin to a book burning, and treading on the First Amendment.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/hartford_cty/violent-video-game-buyback-canceled#.UPMIG_Lhd8E

I'm glad to see rational thought prevailed.

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 173 (163 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Jan 14, 2013
@tx11: I cannot follow your link, but it appears that this is a flash game. This is both a blessing and a curse for PC gamers in particular. They have access to a very easy to find indie stockpile due to the tool availability. One good thing about it is that it hasn't caught on with many people. There have been a number of "indie" games that are similar to what I assume this one is, sometimes they have been entered into competitions for indie games, and they are almost always immediately dismissed. That doesn't stop them from making more, unfortunately.
An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 173 (151 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

Jan 14, 2013

602809_457689997619824_133128176_n.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 173 (148 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Jan 14, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

602809_457689997619824_133128176_n.jpg

UNLIMITED KUDOS TO BRIT FOR LIFE!

Hazzah!

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 173 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6380 posts

Jan 14, 2013

@brit ko   u have to undertand  politician dont get in  if they  are not endorsed or in  endore  by the nra  and  gun folks. YOu can look that up..

politic on government level  is just bunch of talking the majority of  daily life is  run on a state level. But   what your shows go for   uk  president  too, if  remember correct they missles on  olympic roof and   the army  all over the place. Gun  all over the place.

So  politics is just bunch of talking.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 173 (142 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Jan 14, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

All that protection did nothing for Reagan or Kennedy. How about Keith Ratliff? The popular YouTube Gun enthusist who was killed by someone in his own home surrounded by guns? Did you see the article about the 3 Police Officers shot within their own precinct by someone that managed to get an officer's gun from him? (I believe only the lunatic was killed.)

I am not arguing that guns can not or do not protect people. But even with a lot of Secret Service agents armed for protection a President can still be killed. Sniper anyone?

But that picture of yours is extremely offensive.

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 173 (140 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Extremely offensive, really, why?

The picture was taken from Facebook, someone else posted it & I shared it, it made me smile, it made others smile too, most people who have come across it have also smiled, they have not taken it as seriously as some have, chill out people, it was a bit of humor.

Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 173 (135 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Extremely offensive, really, why?

The picture was taken from Facebook, someone else posted it & I shared it, it made me smile, it made others smile too, most people who have come across it have also smiled, they have not taken it as seriously as some have, chill out people, it was a bit of humor.

I find it offensive because it's insulting the PotUS. I don't care if people like him or hate him. Insulting the President and his wife is extremely offensive to me. At least have respect for the office. You don't have to agree with me, but I find it be very offensive.

I've seen it posted on Facebook too and I tell my friends I find it offensive on there as well. No it's not the worst thing I've ever seen said about him, but still there should be at least a basic level of respect for the Office if nothing else.

I apologize if it seems childish or over the top. It's just how I view things.

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 173 (128 Views)
0 Likes