Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
26 posts

Re: Need Help Choosing Headset for PS4

last month
I'm convinced about wired now but I can't find a good wired headphone. I don't care about comfort as much as sound quality. And I don't focus a lot on hear-every-single-detail type headphones. I play some FPS where that would be good but I also play a lot of other games for example racing games or AC or GTA
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 78 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9136 posts

last month
@jawad_aborshed

Here are the Superlux for less then $40. While the comfort is nothing to write home about, the sound is right up there with the big boys like the Q701's and DT990's. You could also in the future swap the earpads for a replacement pair for the AKG K240's.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003JOETX8?pc_redir=1405164819&robot_redir=1

Paired with the $130 Mixamp and a cheap Zalman mic, you can have this setup for $175. They are great for shooters but since they are semi-open headphones, they are great for everything else too. Only con when it comes to sound is slightly recessed lower mids. But unless you have an ear for this, you will never notice. And after their burn in period of about 200 hours, they sound even better yet.

Now of course if you have a lot of money to spend, I would recommend you get the Philips Fidelio X1's paired with the Mixamp and Vmoda Boom Pro for your gaming style but now you are looking at $460 instead of $175. Now that you have the Mixamp though, something like this could be a future investment since your only upgrades from here on out is headphones only and maybe a mic and not a whole audio system like people who buy console gaming headsets have to do. While the X1's are $300 at the moment, I've seen them drop below $200. But it you aren't interested in something like this in the future, the Superlux HD668b's will be plenty good enough.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 78 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

last month
Okay so it's either the superlux as @Murderstyle75 with the mixamp and mic or this thing: http://mobile-gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g230-stereo-gaming-headset
Its the logitech G230 STEREO GAMING HEADSET and probably with a mixamp next to it. My cousin has it and I liked it. Which one do you think is better?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 78 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9136 posts

last month
@jawad_aborshed

I would definately go with the Superlux. Absolute best value on the market and the kind of audio they produce at that price is otherwise unheard of. It has an open design (semi-open) which is much better for gaming then what is offered in an actual gaming headset. There are only three gamine headsets I can recommend to use with the Mixamp and all three are pretty expensive. Two are made by Sennheiser and one is made by Audio Technica.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 78 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

last month
How expensive do you mean by pretty expensive?
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 78 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

last month
Wireless gold.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 78 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

last month
Just to throw my .2c in, I see you're on the right path. I absolutely love having the Astro Mix Amp paired with my PS3/PS4 I can pinpoint where players are coming from which direction they are heading and be ready to get the kill in BF4 before they come around that corner.

I am using the sennheiser HD 363D headset I went with these for a few reasons, comfort, top end sound and build quality, and it comes with a usb sound driver for my pc. You might not need to get this sku if you aren't going to use the sound adapter though. There is a sku that doesn't come with it that is cheaper the HD 360.

With the Asus vg248q monitor the PS4 really shines with 1080p 60hz (ps4 doesn't support higher than 60hz but monitor does 144hz on pc) the 1ms response helps though and literally nullify's screen tear. Has good colors and great white black balance. Since everyone's eye sight is different if you can, I recommend going to a store (I.e., Best buy, Microcenter, fry's etc.) to see picture quality in person before purchasing any monitor/TV.

Good lick to you and you can't go wrong in pairing a decent headset with the MixAmp. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 78 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

last month
I will only use them on the ps4 (through the mixamp) and maybe on my phone. Which is better the 360pro or the 380pro? Also are these sennheiser s better or that superlux everyone was telling me about?
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 78 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9136 posts

last month
@jawad_aborshed

Yes Sennheisers will be way better although if you go that route, I would definately go with the Sennheiser HD558's over both of these. Their open back design is going to be way better for gaming. Especially your shooters. The world will sound like it's all around you instead of just in your head. There is also a foam tape mod you can perform to get them a little closer to what I use which are the Sennheiser HD598's. You could try with or without the strips to see which sound you like better.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 78 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

last month
So its senneheiser hd558 and astro mixamp pro. Anyone got anything better?
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 78 (126 Views)
0 Likes