Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11658 posts

Re: New Killzone Mercenary Trailer!!

Jan 31, 2013
Well sure but Gravity Rush is not a first person shooter.

And considering the lack of decent FPS games on Vita in terms of multiplayer, a lot of people are looking forward to this game to deliver where the others failed.

I believe the link I posted just a bit ago pointed out online multiplayer. But no word on its quality really
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 74 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 31, 2013

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 74 (220 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11658 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Hm, that gameplay video has me worried.

The AI looks incredibly dumb. When they show off Heavy Weaponry, the guy stands in front of two guys for about 6 seconds or so (and they just stand there staring at him, and then shoot over his head) and then he shoots once with a grenade launcher and they die.

And hopefully, that heavy weaponry isn't too effective in multiplayer, or else it'll be shotgunners and such all over again.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 74 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

That video....is like sex for my eyes...i mean just wow....

Jan 31, 2013

That video....is like sex for my eyes...i mean just wow.

That's on a handheld?...i'm speechless....

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 74 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Jan 31, 2013

OMG!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 74 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Jan 31, 2013

According to the Blog it has confirmed multiplayer. :smileyhappy:

Quote from blog -

"In keeping with the soldier-for-hire theme, every action in Killzone: Mercenary is rewarded. The better you perform, the higher your payout – not just in the single-player campaign, but also in the multiplayer mode. The wages you collect are deposited into a single bank account, so the money you earn in the campaign missions can also be used to buy gear and weapons for multiplayer matches, and vice versa.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 74 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3625 posts

Jan 31, 2013

jedolley wrote:

Release date is 9/17. More details here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/30/killzone-mercenary-hits-ps-vita-september-17th-new-trailer...

Ugh. That seems like an eternity from now.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 74 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 31, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Hm, that gameplay video has me worried.

The AI looks incredibly dumb. When they show off Heavy Weaponry, the guy stands in front of two guys for about 6 seconds or so (and they just stand there staring at him, and then shoot over his head) and then he shoots once with a grenade launcher and they die.

And hopefully, that heavy weaponry isn't too effective in multiplayer, or else it'll be shotgunners and such all over again.

I hope you realize that whenever developers show off products for the first time, they often have the game on the easiest setting and/or with god mode activated....they don't want to die in their demo. Don't judge gameplay from dev videos, wait for third parties to get their hands on it, either through review copies or at trade shows.

As for me, as I said in the blog post, wow, just wow. I'm a PC Gamer and hate FPSs on consoles (keyboard/mouse FTW), but I'm going to seriously consider picking this game up just because of how badass it looks. I've been impresed with the Vita's graphical capability in other games, but this really raises the bar, which is great not only for gamers, but also for future development...I hope other devs take notice!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 74 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I really cant wait for this game. I am a huge fps fan, and with games like Black ops declassified, i think i speak for all FPS fans when i say we need a good multiplayer based game with a dedicated team. hopefully KZ Mercenary provides that foundation.

New PS Vita Player! Looking for new friends Add me! ( KombatKingx209 )
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 74 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1000 posts

Jan 31, 2013

A huge amount of news regarding Killzone: Mercenary has been posted on the Killzone website, detailing a ton of different aspects of the game, with aSeptember 17th release date in North America and September 18th release date in Europe also revealed.

Since there is just so much information, we’ve placed it all below in bullet points:

• Killzone: Mercenary is powered by the Killzone 3 engine.
  • It takes place just after the ending of the original Killzone and you will revisit many of the events from the Killzone trilogy.
  • You play as Arran Danner, a former UCA-soldier who has no qualms about taking on paid contracts from the ISA as well as the Helghast.
  • There will be 9 single player missions, each nearly an hour in length.
  • Completed missions unlock additional replay challenges, with many special objectives to complete as well.
  • There will be a full multiplayer mode with six maps, supporting eight player and three different game types, including Warzone.
  • Every action will be rewarded – the better you perform, the higher the payout in single player and multiplayer will be.
  • You can then spend money you earn in either to buy gear and weapons.
  • Tilt controls will be used for sniper aiming.
  • Touch controls will be used for melee.

The story of Killzone: Mercenary was also detailed, which you can read about right here:

When a seemingly routine mission to evacuate the Vektan Ambassador and his family in Pyrrhus goes awry, Danner discovers that the outcome of the war could very well depend on the fate of the Ambassador’s young son. With both sides going through increasingly desperate lengths to get hold of the boy, he begins to wonder whether the price of victory is really worth the paycheck.

-PlayStationLifestyle

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 74 (160 Views)
0 Likes