Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Nov 3, 2012

I like the new layout, but the Europe one is better. There aren't as mais redundant categorIes. Isn't what's hot on ps3 the same as most popular? Why is day 1digital in every freaking menu it seems in the game category. Get rid of the shopping cart already and go to a simple download button. Get rid of the generic backgrounds on so e of the menus. If you're going to have a background image make it the whole screen instead of an image on an uglymaroon and teal background. It's stslow too slow and leggy at times. There are still some personal kinks I'd iron out, but I dig it.

Message 31 of 229 (948 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2012

I don't often message on these forums, but the absolutely terrible new PS Store interface compelled me.  All I want are some subcategories.  If I want to look through new DLC, I want it sorted by game, not alphabetically.  I hate having to slog through reams of material for things I don't want, just because some designer, that obviously isn't in touch, thought it would be more elegant.  Well, it's not elegant, it's a mess.

If I wanted a mess regurgitated on my screen, I'd pay a homeless man to vomit on my television.  I will buy nothing from the PS Store until there is some measure of ease restored to simple searches.  Categories good.  Filters bad.

Message 32 of 229 (928 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2012
The huge pictures for every piece of content is the worst part of the store. Remember how they made nice concise sub-menus for all the stupid **bleep** they've added for Uncharted 3? Yeah...now you have to scroll through 333 addons (yes, there's that many) to find the REAL dlc in the midst of multiplayer gestures and clothes.

And what is up with showing Darksiders 2's Abyssal Forge dlc in the New section but having it unavailable? Are they going out of their way to aggrivate us now?

The predictive search would be nice if it was like the Netflix app. I should be able to type the whole word in if I know what I want. Not this one letter at a time crap. That's what ruins the otherwise great Youtube app.

New store is **bleep**. An aesthetic update was needed, NOT a complete step backwards in functionality.
Message 33 of 229 (925 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

More and more comments about the same crap. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION TO FIND CONTENT BY GAME RATHER THAN SCROLL FROM A-Z. Learn the store before you ride on it.

Message 34 of 229 (808 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Seriously?! The new store rules! Predictive text, looks cool, and easy to use. You guys are just  so used to the other version. Give it a couple of weeks before you jump to these conclusions.

Message 35 of 229 (804 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 5, 2012

You forgot to mention to link the IGN walkthrough because it should be a chore and an accomplishment to figure out how to buy something. It's like a game on hard mode you cutters/Everques/ Final Fantasy 11t fans love that stuff right?

Message 36 of 229 (797 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12659 posts

Nov 5, 2012

EPICJOL wrote:

**bleep** YOUR PS STORE, AND YOUR **bleep** YOUTUBE!!! STUPID IDIOTS!!!

and.. does this have to do with PlayStation Store. *sigh* here comes major cleanining 

witch is NOT allow to offen: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/Rules-of-Conduct/td-p/37570507

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 37 of 229 (785 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 6, 2012

My thoughts exactly.  I went to check on something, and the new interface is clunky and horrible.  If I want to filter, it only does one, and I have to sort through a ton of garbage I have no interest in to try and find the new material I am looking for.  Add my voice to changing it back - the new format makes me not want to buy anything else.

Message 38 of 229 (766 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 6, 2012

So if I want to browse through the add ons for games, I have to manually search for every fricken game I have?  Instead of just looking to see what was added recently, I have to multiply my effort by a lot.  Plus, I have bought games based on add-ons or demos, and if I have no idea what I may be interested in, the search is useless, and browsing through three hundred add ons to see if I am interested in one is way more time than my money is worth to me, and to Sony, apparently.

Message 39 of 229 (762 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Nov 6, 2012
New layout stays. QQ
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 40 of 229 (742 Views)