Splicer
49 posts

Re: New PS Store sucks

Nov 6, 2012

I wish I would have bothered to see the other 100 posts of hate for the new psn site before I posted mine.  The Add on search is just terrible. I tried  to find Asura's Wrath add ons and could not. I had to use the SEARCH engine to even find it. THat goes for alot of other sfuff I wanted to find too.

At least on the other store you could browze with ease and find stuff you did not know existed! But you wont with this new site!!!

Warhawk name: Drithe
Message 41 of 229 (635 Views)
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Hi,

I don't post on here much, but i just wanted to voice my concern about this new  down.. er .. upgrade.

It seems as if it's too much for the PS3 to handle, because at times you can see it struggling to keep it's fps high.

The old interface was great.  My buddy who has an xbox 360 came over one night and said that's so much of a nicer store interface than what xbox has.  Well now you've gone and make it look just like the xbox 360 interface, what am i supposed to tell him now, that sony went dumb?

Maybe i'm missing something, i use a keyboard, and when i was looking for something i would just search and tyope it on the keyboard, but what's up with this search?  It went the youtube app way?  where you can't use your keyboard and you have to scroll this long letter bar just to find the letters you want???  why?

*Edit: My keyboard wasn't plugged in, but it is now.  Apparently you can only use 5 letters to search.. kind of weak.

One thing i did like about it was you could filter the search and find all the free stuff with ease, so kudos there.  But seriously this new store feels like it's going to lock up my PS3.. you guys shouldnt have gone the xbox 360 way.  But hey its a start  but it really needs improvements.. and better organization.. soon.. really soon.

Message 42 of 229 (614 Views)
Wastelander
710 posts

Nov 6, 2012
I'm hoping Sony will patch it to remove all the DLC that shows as "not available" because I received it buy purchasing a bundle! I'm picky like that I guess... Also its showing me items as not purchased even though I have the items in my transaction history and download list! So until they clean it up I agree!
Message 43 of 229 (612 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Ok   I don't like change.   Thats just me.This new store does make me feel frustrated . I would like to search by game...I would like to make the images smaller, my tv is large ,so these images are huge to me, let me choose how big they are.  some content is missing .I downloaded dlc before the change ,and when shopping through today it is not there.      I am gratefull for the dim colored background so I can read the text, I hated the white letters on a white screen.as far as adding funds to my wallet ,I cant because I dont know how.looks like its not done yet.   some things CANT be left out.   It could easily be a better setup, dont force it when it isnt done.   thats like selling me a new car that has no stearing wheel or brakes .

Message 44 of 229 (604 Views)
Wastelander
710 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Just found out when you have it set to automatically take funds from your credit card it no longer takes the exact amount... That bugs me too!
Message 45 of 229 (602 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Total agreement here. The new store is total garbage. For a number of reasons:

1. It is a VERY obvious blatant ripoff of XBOX Live.

2. I usually get on every Tuesday to see the updates to the store (the game add-ons). It no longer lists it by game, you have to manually pick to sort by newest additions, and then it doesn't list the games, it lists each individual add-on for a game, not pick a game and display all the add-ons.

3. I figured I'd try to search for Mugen Souls. So I picked search and selected "M." I never found it. Why? Because the list started at A and went through EVERY SINGLE occurence of the letter M! I made it to the D's and gave up.

There is absolutely no excuse for this atrocious "new & improved" store! Give us the old one!

Message 46 of 229 (599 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I don't usually post anything on the forums, but the new store is really bad.  Very difficult to navigate and extremely frustrating to use.  The layout of the store was always one of the strong points of the PS Network. I'm hoping someone at sony is following these forums and will consider the opinions of their core customers.

Message 47 of 229 (571 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Nov 7, 2012
you said it my friend :smileyhappy:
Message 48 of 229 (565 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Nov 7, 2012
give us the old store back
Message 49 of 229 (560 Views)
Wastelander
710 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I just tried to get into the store so I could find more stuff to complain about and its "currently undergoing maintenance" I know when it loads back up again I'm going to hope its back to the old and be disappointed that its the same new one!
Message 50 of 229 (558 Views)
0 Likes