Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Re: Attention Sony and/or mods, yout support is needed.

Jun 14, 2013

i support this. i really want to see a next gen socom. well a true socom 1-3 type experience. come on mods foward this to sony right nowwwwww Please =)

Message 11 of 160 (375 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Why make a new socom? I respect you like the series, but there are MANY games out there just like this series, but better. 

What would be nice, is if they gave support to their long abandoned franchises, like Ape Escape. 

Looking on ape escape fanforums online, many people have been asking for an ape escape 4 since 2005.

Dude there is nothing out there that played like these old socoms for if the did we would be there. Our problem is the first person shooter experience ruined the different genre's. Socom broke record over xbox, over anyone for that matter. And if it wasn't for a crappy developer changing the game from what we wanted we wouldn't even be here right now.

Just to let you know about socom, it wasn't a linear game design. Which means the movement didn't funnel you in one direction like COD or halo or all those shooters. There was an actual learning curve for this game. The character movement even by todays standards offers more choice and realism. So I would say you don't know about socom and thats okay too. But what we can say also is we played on free servers for over ten years with those games. Socom classic server just went offline a few months ago. Before you trip read this part. Socom 1 servers was still up and running since 2002!!! OH did I also mention they were still free all that time..

Now you see why we say Sony is messing up. There is a lot of better ways to charge than to do this. But that is another story.

Message 12 of 160 (372 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013
Message 13 of 160 (358 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

frostdy wrote:

http://us.playstation.com/corporate/about/press-release/152.html

way to prove a point frosty..good job!

Message 14 of 160 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Before you people keep quoting me and trying to start useless arguments, i was referring to the PS3 titles and PSP titles. I never played the PS2 titles.
Message 15 of 160 (343 Views)
Fender Bender
3959 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Do IT!
Message 16 of 160 (342 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Did someone say SOCOM? Smiley Happy Yes please!

Message 17 of 160 (330 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I agree Tomb, there's no way i'm supporting the ps4 if they don't show support for H-Hour, we've been pooling our resources over to sony and they screwed up our greatest shooter and tried to force feed us horrible versions of what was considered the Real-Deal back on ps2. if they want to charge for online multiplayer, they had better give us "ONE-TRUE" reason to support them. it's kool they have the momentum from E-3 Just finish it off and support H-Hour and give the fans that clamour for those magic moments that kept us sending copper sparks all night into the next day. My 2 cents!! 

Message 18 of 160 (326 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Cmon Sony..make this game happen. It is the least your company can do after turning your back on the hardcore socom audience. The man behind those earlier games that most of us loved so much is ready to make a game that is aimed directly at the Socom audience..now help him make it happen!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 19 of 160 (311 Views)
Wastelander
916 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Socom I & II are the only true Socom's. I have been a huge advocate for a true Socom II sequel since the Socom 3 beta test. I can literally cout on one hand the number of times Socom I/II left my PS2 for another game during their life cycles.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 160 (319 Views)