Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Re: Attention Sony and/or mods, yout support is needed.

Jun 15, 2013

psxsage wrote:

The last entry in the series fared so poorly financially i understand why it's not first in their list to make another one.  Honestly their hasn't been a good Socom game since SOCOM 2 IMO...and not a financially profitable one Since 3.  I'm not saying that i don't wish to see another one but i understand their reasoning for not focusing on it.  

I don't !!! It wasn't our fault socom did worse it was the developers. If Sony actually took the time to visit their own forums they would see hundreds of thousands post all warning the devs not to do what they were doing.  AS gamers we knew the game wouldn't be successful. Thats why some of stayed here years fighting to get the classic socom back.

I"ve said it over and over, CLASSIC SOCOM CAN BE A SONY PREMEIR TITLE ONCE MORE IF THEY ONLY LISTEN TO US AND BUILD A CLASSIC SOCOM EXPERIENCE.

Message 51 of 160 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Jun 15, 2013

LETS DO THIS!!!!

Message 52 of 160 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Come read or get some question's answered by the Creative Director himself. Ends at 6 est.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1geigr/i_am_the_original_cd_creative_director_of_the/

Message 53 of 160 (182 Views)
Gaming Beast
2203 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I only really enjoyed playing socom 1 and 2 online and I think David Sears has the talent with Sof studios to make this game called H Hour Worlds Elite even better, so lets contribute and make it happen as soon as possible!

Message 54 of 160 (181 Views)
Splicer
42 posts

Jun 16, 2013

S-O-C-O-M!!!!!

Everything after SOCOM II was a step into The Twilight Zone.
Message 55 of 160 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jun 16, 2013

David "Doctor BOOM" Sears, Creative Director of The early Socom's. Answered a bunch of question on reddit.com in the IAMA section.
[url]http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1geigr/i_am_the_original_cd_creative_director_of_the/[/url]

[b]Will this launch on PS4?[/b]
If the goal is reached for the kickstarter, and 500 people need to back the $50 Playstation Reward Tier. With that comes a digital copy of the game, among other cool

things.

[b]What is the intended speed of the game in comparison to SOCOM 1/2?[/b]
Generally the same. Characters should not be tanks. The action is more important than the animation.

[b]Will there be body armor?[/b]
This is part of a discussion elsewhere. It's going to be up to the community to guide the final decision on the effects of this.

[b]Jump to climb?[/b]
Another one for the community to collaborate on.

[b]How many players per team?[/b]
The goal is 8 v 8 with spectator support.

[b]Will the focus of the game be round-based or respawn?[/b]
Round based but you can enable respawn if you wish. Respawn games are not intended to be ranked.

[b]How will rounds work? Alternating sides or no?[/b]
My thinking is alternating.

[b]Map Sizes?[/b]
Varied. Some smaller, more dense urban maps. Some larger more open rural maps. Some desert. Some arctic. Some jungle.

[b]Is this game leaning toward more realistic such as a simulator, or in the direction of games like SOCOM 1/2?[/b]
Totally SOCOM I/II. We've got good games out there that do the simulator thing already.

[b]Push to talk?[/b]
Will be talking with the community about this before a final decision. Maybe "pushing to talk" with the community...

[b]Describe the ranking system in the game.[/b]
If you liked the way we did it in SOCOM you will like the H-Hour version. Plus we're going to add alternate ranking systems that will honor non-traditional players

too.

[b]What are some of your ideas for the game we don't know about yet?[/b]
I have many. Your question is like having Aladdin's lamp and wishing for more wishes. You will have to be more specific. Smiley Happy

[b]What is your favorite SOCOM game?[/b]
SOCOM II for sure.

Message 56 of 160 (150 Views)
Gaming Beast
2203 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Join the kickstarter page at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0 and donate. This game will be better than socom 2 hd!

Message 57 of 160 (139 Views)
Gaming Beast
2203 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Great questions and answers during the reddit event!
Message 58 of 160 (129 Views)
Splicer
42 posts

Jun 16, 2013

FantastiQ wrote:
Great questions and answers during the reddit event!

Yep. Sears not only knows what made SOCRACK addictive, but also is passionately driven to bring it to H-Hour.

Everything after SOCOM II was a step into The Twilight Zone.
Message 59 of 160 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1759 posts

Jun 16, 2013

So everyone is pushing for a PC only game on the sony forums.

So where are the real socom based fans?

Makes me laugh. You want a Socom ASK for a SOCOM.

When you ask and support another game it's no surprise that Socom dose'nt get support anymore.

SHAME.

Message 60 of 160 (204 Views)
0 Likes