Aug 05 2014
By: LadyEpona First Son 1 posts

New to console gaming. Help?

[ Edited ]
6 replies 157 views Edited Aug 5, 2014

Hi, I'm a PC gamer and I am looking to transfer over to console (mainly for Destiny). I am looking for an MMO game for PS3 that I can play with other people. I have Defiance on the XBox so I would like to try something else for PS3 before I take the jump to PS4.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions that ya like. Any type of game works, as long as there is a social aspect to it. I am a social bumblebee, ya see.

Ta,

Lady E

Mod Edit: Updated label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

Message 1 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

Re: New to console gaming. Help?

Aug 5, 2014
Message 2 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2767 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2014

dc universe and final fantasy xiv are both available for Ps3, but run a hell of a lot better on PS4. 

Message 3 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 5, 2014

I highly recommend FFXIV.

DCUO was okay, but it lacks that old school big MMO feeling, but FFXIV has a genuine MMO feeling for me.

Also note, If you are expecting Destiny to have any MMO traditions with it. Toss those out the window, it is more of an instanced co-op action RPG-lite.

It doesn't win any awards on storytelling at least that one could tell from the beta and alpha.

Message 4 of 7 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 5, 2014

Also if you choose to jump on board in FFXIV, look me up on the server Zalera .

Message 5 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1590 posts

Aug 5, 2014

DCUO was fun leveling up and playing end content. Then it became lame because of the crying adults on the forums constantly begging to make things weaker and easier. You may enjoy it., it is going to be a big As* update though, I think it moved up to 23 Gigs. And a Headset will help. Try Final Fantasy.

DCUO made me Anti Social, got some true idiots on that game.

Message 6 of 7 (120 Views)
PlayStation MVP
57 posts

Aug 5, 2014

I don't think it is technically an MMO, but I suggest DUST 514. It is a free to play shooter and once you join a good clan you will have tons of social interaction and people to voice chat with.

Message 7 of 7 (74 Views)
0 Likes