Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 27 2013
By: ChangeDaBullets PlayStation MVP 5228 posts

Next Gen streaming

6 replies 98 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

Instead of using the UStream feature what about a capture card so we can live stream on YouTube? Anyone know if any good capture cards will work for PS4?

photo jogo-watch-dogs-signature-edition-ps3-1_zps43a78ce3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Re: Next Gen streaming

Jul 27, 2013
i would guess any capture card that works with ps3/HDMI will work with ps4 or any DVR with HDMI. Ustream is very low population they should have made a deal with twitch.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (84 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5228 posts

Jul 27, 2013

GamerJon92 wrote:
i would guess any capture card that works with ps3/HDMI will work with ps4 or any DVR with HDMI. Ustream is very low population they should have made a deal with twitch.

Well it looks like Ustream will grow since PS4 will have that feature.. But I am hoping at Gamescom they will have YouTube for live streaming because it is more populated there

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (80 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

GamerJon92 wrote:
I would guess any capture card that works with ps3/HDMI will work with ps4 or any DVR with HDMI.

Exactly.  If it supported capture via HDMI with the PS3, it's likely that those capture cards would be supported for the PS$.

I've not seen any definitive data as far as HDCP goes, so, I would hold off until release to get one (those cost far too much money to risk it not working).

If you use Ustream, they act as your capture card, for all intents and purposes.

Youtube is already supported via the Share function, but, no word on if you can use the Hangout feature to stream gameplay.  That's what I am hoping for, because, you can download your own videos legally from YouTube for free.  No capture card needed.

Hope this helps.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5228 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

GamerJon92 wrote:
I would guess any capture card that works with ps3/HDMI will work with ps4 or any DVR with HDMI.

Exactly.  If it supported capture via HDMI with the PS3, it's likely that those capture cards would be supported for the PS$.

I've not seen any definitive data as far as HDCP goes, so, I would hold off until release to get one (those cost far too much money to risk it not working).

If you use Ustream, they act as your capture card, for all intents and purposes.

Youtube is already supported via the Share function, but, no word on if you can use the Hangout feature to stream gameplay.  That's what I am hoping for, because, you can download your own videos legally from YouTube for free.  No capture card needed.

Hope this helps.

It would be pretty rad if you can use youtube for live streaming that would equal more subscribers also and I would make a new channel for that specific purpose for gaming only.. I been on Ustream and not really fond of it but hope the PS4 function will be better but am not sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (74 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8094 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

GamerJon92 wrote:

Hope this helps.

That's the thing.  The PS3 does NOT allow you to capture via HDMI.  Video capture from the PS3 can only be done via component.  I suspect this will not change for the PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Jul 27, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

That's the thing.  The PS3 does NOT allow you to capture via HDMI.  Video capture from the PS3 can only be done via component.  I suspect this will not change for the PS4.

Yeah, I love how I mentioned HDCP in the same post.  ><  Negated myself there.  Jeez.

Thanks for the corrections, Steve.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes