Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2415 posts

Re: Next-gen leaders talk about their consoles

Jun 1, 2005

,Dronde wrote:
I thought it wasn't. Well, the PS2 sold like 90 million. what about the Xbox? how much did they sell ?

Ps.: I think I read it somewhere it was 90 million. If I am wrong. Can ya come up with the right number?

Sony claims to have Shipped around 90 million PS2s, the actual number of PS2s sold worldwide is less. But even still, the number of PS2s sold worldwide towers over how many Xboxs were sold.
Message 11 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3785 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,luckyagent wrote:

,Dronde wrote:
just wanna share this with u.....

AS: What do you think of the competitors' machines? Will Sony continue to dominate the gaming market?

Satoru Iwata: It's questionable what the "horsepower" of the two other companies' consoles will be used for, such as fast calculations and high-definition resolution. Creating game software in high definition will require everything from the models to the background to be redone, and it will bloat up development costs. And yet, it has no use for people that aren't playing with a high-definition TV set. Game consoles are not an essential product in life, so we want to make ours as compact, thin, and as inexpensive as we can so that it won't be viewed with hostility by family members.

Message Edited by Dronde on 05-31-200511:01 PM

Message Edited by Dronde on 05-31-2005 11:01 PM

I find that a bit puzzling

Yes very condensending,
Message 12 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 1, 2005
After reading that I will definitely be purchasing a 360,  sony looks as though their taking too many chances.
Message 13 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3308 posts

Jun 1, 2005
Taking a risk can also be disastrous. Remember beta vs VHS? And what about Sony's MD...

Dronde wrote:
Getting a PS3 is like getting a,BDRom's  player... No need to buy an extra one.. Takin risk,sometimes is good..... U are right @ Pshy....

psychogenicscc wrote:

Dronde wrote:
just wanna share this with u.....

AS: Why doesn't the Xbox 360 adopt a next-generation disc format?

RB: The next-generation disc standard hasn't been solidified yet. Sony is taking a risk. We can decide after the standard has been created.

Message Edited by Dronde on 05-31-200511:01 PM

Message Edited by Dronde on 05-31-2005 11:01 PM

Thats one reason Not to get a 360!!!!!

Message Edited by FearNo1 on 05-31-2005 09:33 PM

Message 14 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3785 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,FearNo1 wrote:
Taking a risk can also be disastrous. Remember beta vs VHS? And what about Sony's MD...

True enough.... Though it seems that BD has a greater chance of becoming standard...MS has there eye on the situation and if BD becomes standard -Hello 360 "2"?????
Message 15 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3165 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,PS2NATION wrote:
After reading that I will definitely be purchasing a 360,  sony looks as though their taking too many chances.

I guess micrsoft isn't ? What the hell do they mean by "We can decide after the standard has been created." Does that mean: "screw the early adopters of the 360, and let's put blu-ray or HD-dvd drives in the second batch".....great planning
_________________________________________________________________A Mastermind sees it coming before it comes
Message 16 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3165 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,psychogenicscc wrote:

,FearNo1 wrote:

True enough.... Though it seems that BD has a greater chance of becoming standard...MS has there eye on the situation and if BD becomes standard -Hello 360 "2"?????

True i doubt "FearNo1" even bothered comparing the 2 formats' support he mentionned with the Blu-Ray disc's
_________________________________________________________________A Mastermind sees it coming before it comes
Message 17 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes