Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2564 posts

Re: No Refund Policy SUCKS

Dec 12, 2012

Sony should have a refund policy like Google Play does. You can get a refund on Google Play within fifteen minutes of your purchase.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,600+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 94 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8817 posts

Dec 12, 2012

kythunder wrote:

Who in the world wants to use headphones everytime you play a game...that would drive me crazy..

Actually, most of the time I play my PS3, it's either CoD or BF3 online with friends so it doubles as a mic. I DJ'd back in high school a lot so wearing phones for long periods of time doesn't bother me. Especially if they're not that heavy.

I do have a cheap soundbar that I get my regular TV sound from. I actually did find out how to connect my PS3 to it, I just need to buy a cable! And yes, Wal Mart will let you return pretty much anything if you raise enough hell. Or just come up with something like, the disc won't start correctly.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 94 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9486 posts

Dec 13, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

So, I buy GTA:smileyfrustrated:A today for $15.

Loved GTA back in the day. Only to find out, the sound is not compatible with my wireless headsets. This is the only way I can play with sound is through headsets due to my TV set-up. (TV internal speakers no longer work, I use analog surround to get cable TV sound)

I called Sony, explained to them my problem and requested a refund. They literally said "No, you'll just have to deal with it." :smileyindifferent:

So I bought a game that lacks the ability to produce sound. :smileysad:

howabout instead of barking at sony, why not look to get your tv fixed or replaced..

i dotn know about you but if my tv stopped working the way it should be i would either get it fixed or replaced

>

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 94 (228 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

kythunder wrote:

actually if you go in walmart and raise enough hell and be loud they will usually give you in store credit to just shut you up...been down that road when i played pc games...bring it home,make a copy and take it back..lol

And people like you is why they started the policy on no returns on opened software in the first place........ So if we buy a game that totally sucks we're screwed. Thanks.... >.>

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 94 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8817 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Teus wrote:

GuNz_52 wrote:

So, I buy GTA:smileyfrustrated:A today for $15.

Loved GTA back in the day. Only to find out, the sound is not compatible with my wireless headsets. This is the only way I can play with sound is through headsets due to my TV set-up. (TV internal speakers no longer work, I use analog surround to get cable TV sound)

I called Sony, explained to them my problem and requested a refund. They literally said "No, you'll just have to deal with it." :smileyindifferent:

So I bought a game that lacks the ability to produce sound. :smileysad:

howabout instead of barking at sony, why not look to get your tv fixed or replaced..

i dotn know about you but if my tv stopped working the way it should be i would either get it fixed or replaced

How about Sony get their heads out of their **bleep** and stop their BS. My customer history with them is a LONG one, and they have dropped the ball everytime I expected a little something out of them.

- Account got stolen, $1200 spent on my Amex card, Sony refuses to refund it. Amex takes legal action against SCEA and wins. (Which is why CC info does not transfer with accounts any longer) That whole incident by itself was a cluster**bleep**.

- PS3 gets YLOD, causes me to buy a new console. (Yes, Sony knew release consoles would eventually give out due to cheap defective thermal pasting)

- Sells me a PS2 game that does not work with their own brand of headset. Says I need to "deal with it". **bleep**.

This is what really might stop me from buying a PS4, or a Vita.

I don't know about you Teus, but I am in school right now and I can't get mom and pops to buy me a new HDTV. :smileysad:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 94 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 13, 2012

actually started doing way back in the day for computer games for the Atari computer systems like the 800xl commodore 64 and others from toys r us and me and my brother actually thought they did start it because of us lol...all the sudden one day they had the policy in place but we was getting greedy with it and kept the manuals 80% of the time..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 94 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Dec 13, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

Sony should have a refund policy like Google Play does. You can get a refund on Google Play within fifteen minutes of your purchase.

I think the only issue there is that it takes some games half an hour to download.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 94 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8817 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Tim81DE wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

I think the only issue there is that it takes some games half an hour to download.

24 Hours is very reasonable IMO.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 94 (188 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Let's be honest though, there are countless number of games that can be completely finished in that 24 hour period, even by a person who doesn't take games seriously.

A 24 hour window for refunds on games would be a terrible idea...there would be so much abuse.
cirkustanz
Metroidvania is my favorite style of game...Would love a sequel to Harmony of Despair!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 94 (185 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2564 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Tim81DE wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Obviously it would be fifteen minutes after it's downloaded.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,600+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 94 (181 Views)