Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 12 2014
By: GrizzlyBearOwn First Son 4 posts

No Spyro or Crash on PS Vita

[ Edited ]
10 replies 434 views Edited Mar 12, 2014

So I got on my PS Vita a couple days ago. For some reason I was feeling like a good shot of nostalgia. I went to the psone classics section but was surprised to find that you couldn't get spyro or crash on the PS Vita. I know you can get it on the PS3, but why not the PS Vita? Help Please.

Edit: Updated Labels. Learn more about Labels here. -HS

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (434 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Re: No Spyro or Crash on PS Vita

Mar 12, 2014
Those games have not been available for the Vita since the system launched. Since Sony recently bought the rights to Crash Bandicoot back from Activision we might see it soon :smileyhappy:
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3042 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2014

deaofly wrote:
Those games have not been available for the Vita since the system launched. Since Sony recently bought the rights to Crash Bandicoot back from Activision we might see it soon :smileyhappy:

1. Sony never owned Crash to begin with. Universal Interactive did back in the PS1 era. Universal then merged with Vivendi, which then merged with Activision.

2. Do you have a link to an article that says "Sony just bought Crash!"? I have difficulty believing that.

3. Only Crash 2 is on Vita as of now.

Never mind about #3.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (407 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Mar 13, 2014
Kingbro1 after I looked into it I found a Activision post about the company saying they still rights to the series. With the rumors going around a while ago I stopped reading up on it. My Apologizes
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (395 Views)
Fender Bender
3042 posts

Mar 13, 2014

deaofly wrote:
Kingbro1 after I looked into it I found a Activision post about the company saying they still rights to the series. With the rumors going around a while ago I stopped reading up on it. My Apologizes

Good to know.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (392 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
741 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

I just wanted to bump this up. I've seen dedicated efforts going around for about a year but no coordinated effort.

There is this petition that people can sign but it seems that despite numerous amounts of people complaining on the PSblog even in the most unrelated posts(and the community managers have clearly taken notice but I am not sure if they have forwarded it) people need to shout louder and do whatever it takes.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/b-ten-com-bring-crash-bandicoot-and-spyro-the-dragon-to-plays...

The other thing people can do is mass tweet @yosp on twitter with the same hashtag or people who could bring this forward. I say use the hashtag #BringCrashandSpyrotoVita

With people remarking this on sites like Reddit, Neogaf, Gamespot, IGN etc and people complaining about it almost EVERYWHERE there needs to be more unity for something like this. 

A simple google search brings up thousands of links of requests so the least they could do is address why it hasn't happened.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I have played Crash Bandicoot and Spyro PS1 games on my Vita. Unfortunately though the PS3 is required to transfer the titles after downloading them.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (282 Views)
First Son
27 posts

May 23, 2014

I have tried to transfer Crash 2 from my PS3 to PS Vita and it does not get detected at all when I try to do it. Can you tell me how did you do it and is your account EU or US?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

As far as transfering from PS3 to VITA, I did it before but according to someone on the forums sony put a stop to this in a firmware update. I cannot verify as I sold my Vita a few months ago. 

It is currently not possible to transfer the United States versions of the games to Vita from PS3. 

However, apparantly both the Europe and Japanese versions on their PSN stores ARE possible, which I find to be very odd. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

May 23, 2014
I currently have all spyro games and crash games kv my vita because of the little glitch in the PS Store that allowed every PSone game to be downloaded on the vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (116 Views)
0 Likes