Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: No need for backwards compatibility?

Aug 4, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Well yeah but IMO it seems overlooked. When I visit the stupidness that is known as the IGN comment section, no one talks about gaikai.

Why do people hate on IGN so much? They have good writers, and the community there is mostly made up of well rounded people? Care to explain to me, cause I'm really baffled why people don't like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8378 posts

Aug 4, 2013
Go read any section related to sony or microsoft and you will see

@captain
But gaikai was around before sony bought it
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Aug 4, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Go read any section related to Sony or Microsoft and you will see

@captain
But gaikai was around before Sony bought it

I went to "Xbox one hardware Specs"

I see people talking about gamescom

A Sony fan said he wasn't a fan of FPSer's, but still said Titanfall looked cool

People are talking about the specs, and someone said that the Ps4 had slightly better specs, and someone else said it isn't enough to really matter. And that it is about the games, not the hardware.

A person talking about all the xbox one games he preordered

and a PC Elitist talking about his custom build PC with 32 gbs of ram.

I don't see anything bad. If you want bad, go to the xbox channel on youtube.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Aug 4, 2013
Its a PS4. You are buying it to play NEXT GEN games. Not play old games.

This is the only thing Microsoft said i agree about: "If you have backwards compatibility you are really backwards"
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Aug 4, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

This is the only thing Microsoft said i agree about: "If you have backwards compatibility you are really backwards"

Well I don't really think of it that way. Backwards compatibility is a big deal. If the Ps4 didn't have gaikai, it would be a big deal. What if I never owned a Ps3? I just skipped it, but I wanted to play the last of us? If the Ps4 didn't have gaikai or backards compatiblity, It would really turn me off.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8378 posts

Aug 4, 2013
I don't think we're gonna see TLOU on the ps4 for awhile
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Aug 4, 2013

What do you mean? Thats the whole point of gaikai, and why wouldn't they bring one of the most popular Ps3 games to it?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Aug 4, 2013

OverstuffedSofa wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

Well I don't really think of it that way. Backwards compatibility is a big deal. If the Ps4 didn't have gaikai, it would be a big deal. What if I never owned a Ps3? I just skipped it, but I wanted to play the last of us? If the Ps4 didn't have gaikai or backards compatiblity, It would really turn me off.

Except the fact is, the PS4 is a new console. Sony is not obligated to provide support. Its a PS3 game, this is a PS4. If you want to play a ps3 game, its your responsibilty to buy a system. 

Anyways, dont expect much from Gaikai. Cloud gaming is rather bad due to many issues. The moment your connection lags, you are removed from the game session. 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Aug 4, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

OverstuffedSofa wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

Except the fact is, the PS4 is a new console. Sony is not obligated to provide support. Its a PS3 game, this is a PS4. If you want to play a ps3 game, its your responsibilty to buy a system. 

Anyways, dont expect much from Gaikai. Cloud gaming is rather bad due to many issues. The moment your connection lags, you are removed from the game session. 

It is their job to still support Ps3 games, even after the release of the Ps4. Ps3 games are still going to come out years from now, and if they want to support those games, they would make the Ps4 in some way backwards compatible (Gaikai.) and Gaikai is suppose to fix all the lag and current problems with streaming, its a dedicated service just for this, so hopefully they deliver on what they are suppose to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4339 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
I don't think we're gonna see TLOU on the ps4 for awhile

Except...

It's already confirmed working fine from beggining to End through Gaikai services.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/07/12/gaikai-on-ps4-will-support-the-best-ps3-games/

Of course, Gaikia BC isn't coming out until 2014, so we got a while...

To OP: 

Please read the Gaikai section for more info in the main PS4 thread here -

http://x.co/ps4info

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (47 Views)