Apr 13 2013
By: SQLOwns First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

Not Impressed.

54 replies 707 views Edited Apr 13, 2013

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  :smileyhappy:

-SQLOwns

Message 1 of 55 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that. :smileysad:

Message 2 of 55 (696 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26040 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

SQLOwns wrote:

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  :smileyhappy:

-SQLOwns

So you chose to buy a three year old game bundle, and now you're complaining that the redemption codes are expired. So far you've made two posts, both on the same subject.

This is a prime example of "gamers" being intellectually lazy, and just giving up. "Oh, it's too hard. Sony should do everything for me instead of me seeing if I can rectify the situation myself". I'd hate to see what happens if you buy a car and you get a flat tire. "Is this the kind of quality that Mercedes puts out?" and you'd probably just walk away and abandon the vehicle.

Message 3 of 55 (688 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Good to know there are trolls on the PS3 forums.  It's a three year old bundle?  Cool, I had no idea.  As I said I just purchased a PS3 for the first time yesterday.  Also, no where on or in the box, game, or inserts does it mention an expiration date.  I'm pretty sure that if something expires, by law the manufacturers have to inform the buyer.  On a side note, why would you have an activation code expire?  I've never heard of that before, sure free passes like the PS Plus membership, but not something that is included with the game.  Again, according to the box itself, this is the "Game of the Year" edition.  What does purchasing a car have to do with what I am talking about.  Kid, you need to troll better.  That analogy is absolutely terrible, lol.   Or wait, do you think you're actually intelligent?

Please go troll somewhere else.

-SQLOwns

Message 4 of 55 (670 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1477 posts

Apr 13, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

SQLOwns wrote:

-SQLOwns

So you chose to buy a three year old game bundle, and now you're complaining that the redemption codes are expired. So far you've made two posts, both on the same subject.

This is a prime example of "gamers" being intellectually lazy, and just giving up. "Oh, it's too hard. Sony should do everything for me instead of me seeing if I can rectify the situation myself". I'd hate to see what happens if you buy a car and you get a flat tire. "Is this the kind of quality that Mercedes puts out?" and you'd probably just walk away and abandon the vehicle.

Seeing as he paid for a sony product, they should be willing and able to satisfy his needs, as he is the consumer and pays the bills, its as simple as that.  I still find it amazing that redemption codes included with the console expire.  Why?  it makes no sence.

If he bought a car with a flat tire, the dealer would replace the tire.  Not doing so would be detrimental to the business.

Are you seriously trolling the OP because he is complaining about the fact that he didn't get what he paid for?

doc shady signature
Message 5 of 55 (658 Views)
Wastelander
576 posts

Apr 13, 2013

SQLOwns wrote:

Good to know there are trolls on the PS3 forums.  It's a three year old bundle?  Cool, I had no idea.  As I said I just purchased a PS3 for the first time yesterday.  Also, no where on or in the box, game, or inserts does it mention an expiration date.  I'm pretty sure that if something expires, by law the manufacturers have to inform the buyer.  On a side note, why would you have an activation code expire?  I've never heard of that before, sure free passes like the PS Plus membership, but not something that is included with the game.  Again, according to the box itself, this is the "Game of the Year" edition.  What does purchasing a car have to do with what I am talking about.  Kid, you need to troll better.  That analogy is absolutely terrible, lol.   Or wait, do you think you're actually intelligent?

-SQLOwns

Most if not all voucher codes have expiration dates on them and they usually expire within a year or less. I believe the game of the year edition came out last September.

Message 6 of 55 (656 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26040 posts

Apr 13, 2013

SQLOwns wrote:

-SQLOwns

"Game of the Year Edition", You could have asked "which year?". But I supposed that's Sony's fault too.

Just because you did absolutely no research, and you went in blind and bought a bundle that the store couldn't move anymore, does not mean that somehow Sony is to blame. Furthermore, you found your way to this site, and took the time to register and to complain, probably under the false assumption that this message board is a direct line to the company. It's not. If you had those powers of deduction, then you could have very well found the contact information, and phoned customer support to see if they could do anything for you. However, you chose to complain thinking that "I'll get some attention this way".

So exactly what did you accomplish? Don't be angry with me or with Sony, be angry with yourself.

Message 7 of 55 (651 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5100 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Trollthread.jpg
SQLOwns wrote:

-SQLOwns

Message 8 of 55 (646 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3135 posts

Apr 13, 2013
How can you call him a troll when your the one who came here bashing the PS3??? Its a Sony Playstation 3, its a game console, you PLAY PS3 GAMES ON IT. Its not a **bleep** media hub and was never supposed to be ether. Only person who sounds like a troll is you. Take it back, we dont care, stop crying and posting on the PS forums about how poor of a decision you made.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 9 of 55 (645 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26040 posts

Apr 13, 2013

docshady wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

SQLOwns wrote:

-SQLOwns

Seeing as he paid for a sony product, they should be willing and able to satisfy his needs, as he is the consumer and pays the bills, its as simple as that.  I still find it amazing that redemption codes included with the console expire.  Why?  it makes no sence.

If he bought a car with a flat tire, the dealer would replace the tire.  Not doing so would be detrimental to the business.

Are you seriously trolling the OP because he is complaining about the fact that he didn't get what he paid for?

Ever think he chose to complain and simply give up, rather than to seek some sort of remedy to the situation?

Message 10 of 55 (644 Views)