Reply
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Thanks for the support.  Seems to just be that one kid trying to get some attention.

 

 

Maybe I don't understand exactly how it works, but I have purchased other GotY (elder scrolls mostly) and i"m still playing them.  They didn't expire.  Maybe Sony does it differently, where you buy something and if you don't activate it it expires?  That sounds more like an MMO to me though.  Again, its not that the skins are gone, I understand that although I disagree with it again because there is no expiration date listed.  The problem is on the box it says this game is multiplayer, when it isn't for me.  That is straight up false advertising, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

 

-SQLOwns

 

* Edit

 

I'm not giving up.  That is why I am posting.  I play mostly PC games and I'm use to discussing issues with devs and tech support people on their forums.  I plan on contacting Sony directly if this goes nowhere (and it is going nowhere fast unfortunately).  Seems there are 2 trolls now...........   If I was giving up, I would have returned the PS3 CONSOLE, or issued a charge back on my credit card.  I'm looking for a resolution and thought the community might have some ideas. 

 

Also, I posted twice because I wasn't sure if this was something Sony would handle or the game developers.  So I posted once on Sony and once on ND.  Sorry if my language offends you, but I'm pretty sure you are supposed to be older than 13 to post on these forums according to the EULA.  So yeah, dude you're just wrong.  Viewing from the number of posts you have made to the forum, I doubt it's the first time.  If you haven't learned by now, when you're wrong you should simply apologize and move on.

 

-SQLOwns

Message 11 of 55 (329 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2012
Offline
1581 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

SQLOwns wrote:

Good to know there are trolls on the PS3 forums.  It's a three year old bundle?  Cool, I had no idea.  As I said I just purchased a PS3 for the first time yesterday.  Also, no where on or in the box, game, or inserts does it mention an expiration date.  I'm pretty sure that if something expires, by law the manufacturers have to inform the buyer.  On a side note, why would you have an activation code expire?  I've never heard of that before, sure free passes like the PS Plus membership, but not something that is included with the game.  Again, according to the box itself, this is the "Game of the Year" edition.  What does purchasing a car have to do with what I am talking about.  Kid, you need to troll better.  That analogy is absolutely terrible, lol.   Or wait, do you think you're actually intelligent?

Please go troll somewhere else.

 


-SQLOwns


"Game of the Year Edition", You could have asked "which year?". But I supposed that's Sony's fault too.

 

Just because you did absolutely no research, and you went in blind and bought a bundle that the store couldn't move anymore, does not mean that somehow Sony is to blame. Furthermore, you found your way to this site, and took the time to register and to complain, probably under the false assumption that this message board is a direct line to the company. It's not. If you had those powers of deduction, then you could have very well found the contact information, and phoned customer support to see if they could do anything for you. However, you chose to complain thinking that "I'll get some attention this way".

 

So exactly what did you accomplish? Don't be angry with me or with Sony, be angry with yourself.


Why should customers be expected to research and nit-pick all these little details.  Why are these road blocks even in place?  I good company provides a product that offers ease of use, no stumbling blocks, no strings and bang for your buck.  I personally thing the PS3 (and PS4) can achieve that.

 

He's not building a PC here.  He's buying a console.  You plug it in, you turn it on, you insert the disc, you play.  Whats there to research?  GOTY editions of the games usually come with the game and all DLCs on the disc, I know my GOTYs do.  Sonys lack of foresight is the issue.  Is it so hard to press a button and have the thing work as expected?

 

It should be sonys goal to make the transition to a new gaming console as seemless as possible.  With the recent controversy over the new Xbox (refering to its allegedly restrictive features), sony will likely have a window to gain some serious ground on Micro$oft.  

doc shady signature
Message 12 of 55 (326 Views)
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013
Thank you all for the support, to those offering it. I really don't think I'm in the wrong here. I'm not saying Sony is a bad company or PS3 is a bad console, although it looks like some people are taking it that way.

da1writer,
That is funny dude. I haven't seen that one before. Made the post worth it.

-SQLOwns
Message 13 of 55 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2007
Offline
3209 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013
Call Sony thats all you have to do. Not coming here posting hate messages about the PS3. This is what you do, call Sony, have your receipt with you so you can provide the info so they can mtach the sale in their records for the system. They can issue you a new redeem code if you talk to them with a little class. Thats it.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 14 of 55 (320 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2012
Offline
1581 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:
Ever think he chose to complain and simply give up, rather than to seek some sort of remedy to the situation?

IF he chooses to give up, then thats his loss.  

 

As a consumer, the OP has the right to complain, his wallet gave him that right.  All I'm saying is sony or any other company should work to give the customer the best experience possible as we're the ones who pay the bills.

 

They failed to do that with the OP.  Expired codes is not his responsibility.  It wasn't noted anywhere on the box and he had no way of knowing about it.  Has sony ever provided any reason for the fact that the codes expire?  I can't see why they would choose to do that but I'm assuming they had their reasons.

doc shady signature
Message 15 of 55 (317 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2012
Offline
1581 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Call Sony thats all you have to do. Not coming here posting hate messages about the PS3. This is what you do, call Sony, have your receipt with you so you can provide the info so they can mtach the sale in their records for the system. They can issue you a new redeem code if you talk to them with a little class. Thats it.

Best advise yet.

doc shady signature
Message 16 of 55 (311 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

Thank you deaofly.  That is what I will do.  i'll give them a call and see you all in Uncharted!!!

 

Also, again I wouldn't call it a "hate message".  Everything I posted is the truth, if it sounds like I was frustrated, it's because I was.

 

Either way, thanks everyone and happy gaming.

 

-SQLOwns

Message 17 of 55 (310 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

That bundle is not that old since it came out last September. I find it strange that the codes expired. All you can do is call Sony.  Since the box does not say when the codes expire, it's certainly not your fault. Also, welcome to the forums! 

 

Message 18 of 55 (302 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2007
Offline
3209 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013
Smiley Wink
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 19 of 55 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
163 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

SQLOwns wrote:

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  Smiley Happy

 

-SQLOwns


You should have gotten the xbox because people never have issue with them. Sarcasm aside, all companies at some point ship out a defective product. What separates the good companies from the bad ones is how they handle the situation. I would have giving Sony at least a chance to solve the situation before commentating on their forums.

Message 20 of 55 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes