Reply
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

SQLOwns wrote:

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  Smiley Happy

 

-SQLOwns


What does "stopped input" mean? And your friend had to help you hold down the power button?

As far as a useful response... official SONY employees and customer support people dont typically read the forums, and if they do, they dont make themselves known.

 

My favorite part is where you "will be warning people to stay away from SONY products" yes, with your large market pull and economical influence, NO!, ANYTHING BUT THAT! lol...

 

And, you're glad you didnt spend the extra money but you "still might" buy an xbox AND a standalone *blu-ray player? 

 

 

*denotes the correct form of blu-ray

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 21 of 55 (261 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/30/2010
Online
576 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

SQLOwns wrote:

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  Smiley Happy

 

-SQLOwns


What does "stopped input" mean? And your friend had to help you hold down the power button?

As far as a useful response... official SONY employees and customer support people dont typically read the forums, and if they do, they dont make themselves known.

 

My favorite part is where you "will be warning people to stay away from SONY products" yes, with your large market pull and economical influence, NO!, ANYTHING BUT THAT! lol...

 

And, you're glad you didnt spend the extra money but you "still might" buy an xbox AND a standalone *blu-ray player? 

 

 

*denotes the correct form of blu-ray


Not to mention he will also spend $60 a year on Xbox gold to get access to Netflix and the rest of the apps.


Message 22 of 55 (257 Views)
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:


What does "stopped input" mean? And your friend had to help you hold down the power button? (1)

As far as a useful response... official SONY employees and customer support people dont typically read the forums, and if they do, they dont make themselves known.

 

My favorite part is where you "will be warning people to stay away from SONY products" yes, with your large market pull and economical influence (2), NO!, ANYTHING BUT THAT! lol...

 

And, you're glad you didnt spend the extra money but you "still might" buy an xbox AND a standalone *blu-ray player (3)

 

 

*denotes the correct form of blu-ray


 

1) Sorry, not that technical.  Basically I had no video, had to "reset" the console in order for it to work.

 

2) Hate to break it to you kid, but neither of us have a large market pull and economic influence. Smiley Happy

 

3) An XBOX and blu ray player cost about the same as a PS3.  So yes, it is about the same.  However, I was talking about the cost of a PS4, which I think will cost more than a PS3.  I could be wrong however, I don't believe Sony has released pricing info yet.

 

-SQLOwns

 

PS.

I don't know if you guys care or not but I have contacted Sony about the issue.  It appears someone may (through unknown means) have already claimed my voucher.  I have sent them the necessary information and they are looking into it.  I should be playing here soon.  Thanks.

Message 23 of 55 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2007
Offline
3209 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013
Well I'm very glad you were able to get it worked out. Please enjoy the system, its very fun.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 24 of 55 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/06/2010
Offline
277 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013
You are pathetic
Message 25 of 55 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/29/2009
Offline
1616 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

Jmes99 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

SQLOwns wrote:

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  Smiley Happy

 

-SQLOwns


What does "stopped input" mean? And your friend had to help you hold down the power button?

As far as a useful response... official SONY employees and customer support people dont typically read the forums, and if they do, they dont make themselves known.

 

My favorite part is where you "will be warning people to stay away from SONY products" yes, with your large market pull and economical influence, NO!, ANYTHING BUT THAT! lol...

 

And, you're glad you didnt spend the extra money but you "still might" buy an xbox AND a standalone *blu-ray player? 

 

 

*denotes the correct form of blu-ray


Not to mention he will also spend $60 a year on Xbox gold to get access to Netflix and the rest of the apps.


OOOOO no, not that..60 bucks a year..good lord. Man LOL

Message 26 of 55 (217 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

SQLOwns wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:


What does "stopped input" mean? And your friend had to help you hold down the power button? (1)

As far as a useful response... official SONY employees and customer support people dont typically read the forums, and if they do, they dont make themselves known.

 

My favorite part is where you "will be warning people to stay away from SONY products" yes, with your large market pull and economical influence (2), NO!, ANYTHING BUT THAT! lol...

 

And, you're glad you didnt spend the extra money but you "still might" buy an xbox AND a standalone *blu-ray player (3)

 

 

*denotes the correct form of blu-ray


 

1) Sorry, not that technical.  Basically I had no video, had to "reset" the console in order for it to work.

 

2) Hate to break it to you kid, but neither of us have a large market pull and economic influence. Smiley Happy

 

3) An XBOX and blu ray player cost about the same as a PS3.  So yes, it is about the same.  However, I was talking about the cost of a PS4, which I think will cost more than a PS3.  I could be wrong however, I don't believe Sony has released pricing info yet.

 

-SQLOwns

 

PS.

I don't know if you guys care or not but I have contacted Sony about the issue.  It appears someone may (through unknown means) have already claimed my voucher.  I have sent them the necessary information and they are looking into it.  I should be playing here soon.  Thanks.


Indeed, the difference is im not threatening to pull people away from a billion dollar company, also, unless you're over 30, im older than you, and either way "kid" doesnt describe me in any way, shape or form.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 27 of 55 (214 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

There is no need for aggressive behavior. The OP has a valid complaint. Calm down, guys. Is this how you welcome new members? I am not sure why some people here are getting all defensive…

 

Message 28 of 55 (211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/29/2009
Offline
1616 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 13, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

There is no need for aggressive behavior. The OP has a valid complaint. Calm down, guys. Is this how you welcome new members? I am not sure why some people here are getting all defensive…

 


These forums and ps3 console all most of these guys know lol. Found it also to be a legit complaint but i also found some legit replys. Now this thread is turning into a age thread.

Message 29 of 55 (204 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Not Impressed.

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

Welcome to the community forums, SQLOwns.

 

attack

 

 

 

Sometimes the members can seem a little rabid at times. Pay no attention to it.

Hopefully, Sony's Support helps you out. Enjoy the PS3.

 

 

 

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 30 of 55 (196 Views)