Treasure Hunter
5844 posts

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

Squa11L10nh3art wrote:

Feels like i'm the only one who's really happy with the ps4 

i bought it on day one knowing what i was getting into and i completely love it i didn't expect too much coming right out the box and i'm completely happy with it and have gotten tons of hours off of it with 0 issues 

most of the hate i see comes from people who literally just bought into the hype and now call it the indiestation4 because they don't know what open platform means 

i've enjoyed almost every game i've bought for it and while it hasn't gotten any outstanding exclusives aside from infamous second son i've enjoyed a hell of a lot of great 3rd party games on it 

I didn't think i would use the share button that much or at all but i have mainly for wallpapers and some funny bugs but still i'm really happy with it 

sure i might not be able to change the background on it or listen to music but that's not what i bought the console for i bought it for video games and i've done just that with it. 

i feel most of the things you're complaining about isn't just the ps4 but the gaming industry as a whole except two things

charging for online- i can see how people would hate this, personally as someone who doesn't play much if any online multiplayer games i'm completely fine with it and i feel that plus is a really good deal. Yeah you don't technically own any of

them but i don't technically own ANY of the games i buy on steam but i don't hear anything about that 

insane prices for renting games digitally- well 1: beta is beta and things are highly likely to change and 2: that's not sony making the prices it's the devs themselves so there's no point in yelling at sony about that anyway 

if you don't like the ps4 fine whatever, i just feel like most of the reasons people have listed in this thread are pretty ridiculous 

My memory may not be the best in my old age, but I do seem to recall Sony telling everyone at  E3 last year that there were going to be all of these great and wonderful games at or around launch.  Well, what did we get?  3 games that were exclusive to the PS4 and a butt load of Indie's.  That's what we got.  It wasn't until well after the release of the PS4 that Sony and the game company's retracted and said, 'Oh wait..  it's going to be a lot longer before you have any great games to play on you system that you just purchased.'   

It all boils down to the fact that Sony wanted to beat MS to the punch on the release of a new console, and that pretty much sums it up.  There is no excuse for releasing a console that has pretty much nothing on it and call it a 'next generation' console.  

I don't really care about everything that is missing on the PS4, but I do care about the content in games we are being offered, especially when we were promised better 'at or around launch' and still haven't got it 8 months later.  

Sony's CEO evidently just loves the Indie games, and apparently he's content with them.  Why should he not be..?  He's made millions selling a console that plays them very well.  

Message 91 of 508 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3018 posts

Re: Re:

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

blingman88 wrote:
@VorxDargo

I told you this in the last anti PlayStation 4 post you made, you don't have all facts right about Playstation 4. You infact can plug in your PlayStation 4 controller in the USB ports and still Play video games. I game and charge my wireless gold headsets through USB ports. Don't believe me ask the 7 Million gamers who bought a PlayStation 4. If you ever need any information on PlayStation 4 ask any MVP, Mod or Me for 100% facts.

well that's one plus then, but like i said until this social media fad is done i'll be skipping the new gens. and clearly i'm not alone.

You do realize you are objecting to something that is completely optional?

Message 92 of 508 (221 Views)
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Message 93 of 508 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

yeah but even so when people are online and do it it does play into the connection. anything you do online feeds off your connection. like on PS3 for example. whne your in a fighting game and go to the messages on your system it slows down the connection. and i have seen that happen. just like using a mic on a figher makes it slow down.

you might not notice it on a war game since they are set up the same and unless you have very bad connection you won't notice but any otehr game it can be.

as for the discussion on rights and all i'll admit i was wrong on that one. you hear so many companies doing this you come to think its normal. but i'm sure they mess with them some way, what big company doesn't now-a-days?

What you're saying about messages and mic is understandable, though that's weird it affects it so badly. Messages are not stored on the system itself, they are loaded from online (it's why they stay sync'd), so every time the PS3 loads a message, it actually pulls those from the Internet. Not sure if the PS4 does (it probably doesn't need to, since it has enough RAM to store messages at the same time). As for a mic, yes, that also uses your internet.

What I'm saying is that the record feature is handled 100% offline, so if you never press the share button, none of that data ever gets involved with the Internet. It's basically like a DVR on your Cable/Satilliete box.

As for rights, you're right that most companies do nowadays. But I will say that if they do, it's in ways that I haven't really heard of yet. lol

now see that's countered to what people were saying during launch about the recording, so you can't record online? if that is the case then you guys really don't need to worry then. but if you can't then what i said about it messing the connection is still there. amagin hundreds of people on the games server all having they're stuff recorded. that would seriously mess up connections.

but yeah as for the messages i'm not sure either. maybe because when they are sent it plays off the net connection. but it seems when you open the dash ingame it slows connections for some reason. odd really,

Message 94 of 508 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Re: Re:

Jul 12, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

You do realize you are objecting to something that is completely optional?

i already posted wby i feel its not..

Message 95 of 508 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014
@VorxDargo

You do not have to use the share botton, Facebook or anything like that on PlayStation 4 100% fact.
Message 96 of 508 (203 Views)
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jul 12, 2014

blingman88 wrote:
@VorxDargo

You do not have to use the share botton, Facebook or anything like that on PlayStation 4 100% fact.

yes but isn't it always recording in a way so you can have that bit to post?

Message 97 of 508 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Squa11L10nh3art wrote:

Feels like i'm the only one who's really happy with the ps4 

i bought it on day one knowing what i was getting into and i completely love it i didn't expect too much coming right out the box and i'm completely happy with it and have gotten tons of hours off of it with 0 issues 

most of the hate i see comes from people who literally just bought into the hype and now call it the indiestation4 because they don't know what open platform means 

i've enjoyed almost every game i've bought for it and while it hasn't gotten any outstanding exclusives aside from infamous second son i've enjoyed a hell of a lot of great 3rd party games on it 

I didn't think i would use the share button that much or at all but i have mainly for wallpapers and some funny bugs but still i'm really happy with it 

sure i might not be able to change the background on it or listen to music but that's not what i bought the console for i bought it for video games and i've done just that with it. 

i feel most of the things you're complaining about isn't just the ps4 but the gaming industry as a whole except two things

charging for online- i can see how people would hate this, personally as someone who doesn't play much if any online multiplayer games i'm completely fine with it and i feel that plus is a really good deal. Yeah you don't technically own any of

them but i don't technically own ANY of the games i buy on steam but i don't hear anything about that 

insane prices for renting games digitally- well 1: beta is beta and things are highly likely to change and 2: that's not sony making the prices it's the devs themselves so there's no point in yelling at sony about that anyway 

if you don't like the ps4 fine whatever, i just feel like most of the reasons people have listed in this thread are pretty ridiculous 

My memory may not be the best in my old age, but I do seem to recall Sony telling everyone at  E3 last year that there were going to be all of these great and wonderful games at or around launch.  Well, what did we get?  3 games that were exclusive to the PS4 and a butt load of Indie's.  That's what we got.  It wasn't until well after the release of the PS4 that Sony and the game company's retracted and said, 'Oh wait..  it's going to be a lot longer before you have any great games to play on you system that you just purchased.'   

It all boils down to the fact that Sony wanted to beat MS to the punch on the release of a new console, and that pretty much sums it up.  There is no excuse for releasing a console that has pretty much nothing on it and call it a 'next generation' console.  

I don't really care about everything that is missing on the PS4, but I do care about the content in games we are being offered, especially when we were promised better 'at or around launch' and still haven't got it 8 months later.  

Sony's CEO evidently just loves the Indie games, and apparently he's content with them.  Why should he not be..?  He's made millions selling a console that plays them very well.  

whats wrong with indie games? and if i remember right they said around 100 games and right now there are about 93 games available in the first 8 months all of varying quality but what makes a great games is completely opinionated and sony never hid the fact that there were going to be a bunch of indie games on the ps4 so you should have bought it knowing that and just because something is indie doesn't mean it's any less of a game than a non indie game. 

i'm not saying sony isn't devoid of any critisism i mean like Drive Club where the **bleep** is that and it's **bleep** that we haven't gotten it yet   

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 98 of 508 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Squa11L10nh3art wrote:

whats wrong with indie games? and if i remember right they said around 100 games and right now there are about 93 games available in the first 8 months all of varying quality but what makes a great games is completely opinionated and sony never hid the fact that there were going to be a bunch of indie games on the ps4 so you should have bought it knowing that and just because something is indie doesn't mean it's any less of a game than a non indie game. 

i'm not saying sony isn't devoid of any critisism i mean like Drive Club where the **bleep** is that and it's **bleep** that we haven't gotten it yet   

like i said, its all graphics man, the better the graphics the longer it will be.

Message 99 of 508 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5925 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

blingman88 wrote:
@VorxDargo

yes but isn't it always recording in a way so you can have that bit to post?

Firmware 1.7 introduced an option to disable now...

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/678535-ps4-1-7-update-adds-new-sharing-options-hdcp-disab...

"For one, there will be an option to disable auto-record. " I disabled recording to save on space but do use screenshots for funny moments to share with my friends. BF4 had so many funny glitches, you just couldn't pass on sharing with your friends Smiley Happy !

Message 100 of 508 (187 Views)
0 Likes