Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

3581089+_f9e166a99709625b1cb772bb8e71f59d.gif okay 

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 11 of 508 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6396 posts

Jul 12, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

The only thing I see out of touch is OP. But thats fine, you can purchase whatever you want. If you don't want to buy a ps4 thats fine, its your loss

You can get a Vita for much less than a PS4 right now and still play pretty much the same games on it as you can the PS4. 

That right there says quite a lot about the PS4.  

Message 12 of 508 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

Sony attack dogs? I simply prefer thought processes over childish wants. 

bark bark..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shadoefax wrote:
We never waited 'years' for great PS2 games, and even though the graphics wasn't that high tech for most of them, they were still great games to play.  And the industry boomed.  Now look at it.  Sad.  People prefer graphics over content and replay factor.  I feel sad for this generation as well.  

my fav games last gen were ports, MGS Peace Walker, downloaded MGS, Legend of Dragoon, Resident Evil Revelations, etc.

Message 13 of 508 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13232 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

The only thing I see out of touch is OP. But thats fine, you can purchase whatever you want. If you don't want to buy a ps4 thats fine, its your loss

You can get a Vita for much less than a PS4 right now and still play pretty much the same games on it as you can the PS4. 

That right there says quite a lot about the PS4.  

What? After you said lebron is washed up I don't even know what to think of you

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 14 of 508 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Jul 12, 2014

I've never gotten the whole issue with having to pay for online. I have been a plus member since my first PS3 back in 2009 and just the free games you get is worth the $50 a year. Yes, I know that you have to keep paying to keep those games, but honestly any plus member will keep their subscription going because they are after those free games and massive discounts. I don't even look at it like I have to pay for online cause I'm already paying for those other perks.

That Issue aside, I bought my PS4 at launch and it rarely gets played but I have not once thought it was a bad decision to buy it. After seeing this year's E3 I am very excited for the next year. I honestly can't argue for or against the vita points with the OP as I don't have one, though I do want to get one. Thanks to plus I got tons of games already lined up for the Vita.

Message 15 of 508 (443 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6396 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

shadoefax wrote:
We never waited 'years' for great PS2 games, and even though the graphics wasn't that high tech for most of them, they were still great games to play.  And the industry boomed.  Now look at it.  Sad.  People prefer graphics over content and replay factor.  I feel sad for this generation as well.  

my fav games last gen were ports, MGS Peace Walker, downloaded MGS, Legend of Dragoon, Resident Evil Revelations, etc.

I enjoyed too many to post here, but FF10 was great, and it was a PS2 game!  Even now, look at the graphics on that game.  No real need to redo them, although the game was redone in HD.  Even without the HD the game looked great for a PS2 game.  

Message 16 of 508 (440 Views)
Survivor
2529 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:
I enjoyed too many to post here, but FF10 was great, and it was a PS2 game!  Even now, look at the graphics on that game.  No real need to redo them, although the game was redone in HD.  Even without the HD the game looked great for a PS2 game.  

i agree.

Message 17 of 508 (433 Views)
Fender Bender
4098 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

So yeah pretty much everything Sony has done with the vita since launch has convinced me not to get a ps4. That's really the only reason (other then my backlog) Sony has just made one stupidly horrible deceision after another, they started cashing shooters again and obviously have no idea how to advertise anything else. wiiU hardware sucks and XB1 has horrible policies so I'll either sit this gen out or get gaming PC, unless Sony stops being so stupid. 

Honestly though I'm really hating direction the industry is going.

-Charging for updates and making less and less content for games because they can just charge for it later as DLC

-Making budgets even bigger making games even less unique and even more "casualized" 

-Completely ignoring genres despite obvious and repeated examples that people want them 

-Charging for online

-Insane prices for renting games digitally... 

-Chasing after candy crush and call of duty... 

Yeah too much stupidity in the industry, and Sony is no exception, before they were the best of a bad bunch but they are getting worse and I just can't support this stupidity even longer. 

mkay.

are you hoping people will try to change your mind or something?

and frankly, most of your points are either false, not Sony's fault or just opinions. but to each his own.

Actually, the OP makes some very good points, and I've outlined the best ones he's made in red for you.  The Op is just telling the truth:  There is really no choice in game genre's anymore:  Everything is all shooter anymore, and they are charging us to play online.  Rental prices are high.  Have you seen the rental prices on the NOW Beta?  I have.  They're high.  

I don't see where the OP is really wrong in his/her post.  Actually, the OP is telling the truth.  For what it hurts to hear, it's still the truth.  

Shooters aren't my favorite genre either. However, the online multiplayer fee is the one thing I truly can't stand about the PS4 or any of the Xbox consoles. If Sony hadn't resorted to it, I am sure I wouldn't be posting online complaining about it.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 18 of 508 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

I own a PS4 (like most people do on these forums), and honestly..?  Mine gets turned on about once a week to check for updates or to see if anything new is in the store for it.  Short of that, it stays in standby 99% of the time.  By far and wide, not my best decision to buy it back in March when I did, and I should've waited for another 3-5 more years to buy when Sony finally decides to get its stuff together and actually offer something on it.  

even most supporters say this, the main thing is with graphics as high as they are now a days its gonna take a long time for games to be made for you guys. you could end up waiting like you said 3-5 years for good ones.

look at PS3, the games that were in high demand were the ones that had high amount of graphics and it took years to see them. i actually feel bad for this gen.

And its not even a year yet and we got great third party games and a couple iff great AAA titles as well with tons and tonsmore to come down the road. I just really thing this is the issue here.

Message 19 of 508 (418 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Sony attack dogs? I simply prefer thought processes over childish wants. 

bark bark..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shadoefax wrote:

I love how you chime in on only these topics yourself.

Message 20 of 508 (415 Views)
0 Likes