Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

Shooters aren't my favorite genre either. However, the online multiplayer fee is the one thing I truly can't stand about the PS4 or any of the Xbox consoles. If Sony hadn't resorted to it, I am sure I wouldn't be posting online complaining about it.

like i told OP Ness, we're not alone. especually not as alone as the people here try to make us think we are. others like us just don't wanna listen to the dogs here bark at us for our views.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 508 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8396 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

shadoefax wrote:
We never waited 'years' for great PS2 games, and even though the graphics wasn't that high tech for most of them, they were still great games to play.  And the industry boomed.  Now look at it.  Sad.  People prefer graphics over content and replay factor.  I feel sad for this generation as well.  

my fav games last gen were ports, MGS Peace Walker, downloaded MGS, Legend of Dragoon, Resident Evil Revelations, etc.

I enjoyed too many to post here, but FF10 was great, and it was a PS2 game!  Even now, look at the graphics on that game.  No real need to redo them, although the game was redone in HD.  Even without the HD the game looked great for a PS2 game.  

Yep thats before Square Enix decided to play with other consoles and hard ware. This is when they made most things for Sony now its for everyone and you wont see games liek that from Square again if they keep buisness they way they are. Theres no devotion any more just make the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 508 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2828 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Sony attack dogs? I simply prefer thought processes over childish wants. 

bark bark..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shadoefax wrote:
We never waited 'years' for great PS2 games, and even though the graphics wasn't that high tech for most of them, they were still great games to play.  And the industry boomed.  Now look at it.  Sad.  People prefer graphics over content and replay factor.  I feel sad for this generation as well.  

my fav games last gen were ports, MGS Peace Walker, downloaded MGS, Legend of Dragoon, Resident Evil Revelations, etc.

I love how you chime in on only these topics yourself.

Who... me??  I chime in on all kinds of topics, Panther.  

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 508 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8396 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

So yeah pretty much everything Sony has done with the vita since launch has convinced me not to get a ps4. That's really the only reason (other then my backlog) Sony has just made one stupidly horrible deceision after another, they started cashing shooters again and obviously have no idea how to advertise anything else. wiiU hardware sucks and XB1 has horrible policies so I'll either sit this gen out or get gaming PC, unless Sony stops being so stupid. 

Honestly though I'm really hating direction the industry is going.

-Charging for updates and making less and less content for games because they can just charge for it later as DLC

-Making budgets even bigger making games even less unique and even more "casualized" 

-Completely ignoring genres despite obvious and repeated examples that people want them 

-Charging for online

-Insane prices for renting games digitally... 

-Chasing after candy crush and call of duty... 

Yeah too much stupidity in the industry, and Sony is no exception, before they were the best of a bad bunch but they are getting worse and I just can't support this stupidity even longer. 

mkay.

are you hoping people will try to change your mind or something?

and frankly, most of your points are either false, not Sony's fault or just opinions. but to each his own.

Actually, the OP makes some very good points, and I've outlined the best ones he's made in red for you.  The Op is just telling the truth:  There is really no choice in game genre's anymore:  Everything is all shooter anymore, and they are charging us to play online.  Rental prices are high.  Have you seen the rental prices on the NOW Beta?  I have.  They're high.  

I don't see where the OP is really wrong in his/her post.  Actually, the OP is telling the truth.  For what it hurts to hear, it's still the truth.  

Shooters aren't my favorite genre either. However, the online multiplayer fee is the one thing I truly can't stand about the PS4 or any of the Xbox consoles. If Sony hadn't resorted to it, I am sure I wouldn't be posting online complaining about it.

Yet another one shows up timing is perfect. None of these people add anything to tjhe community other than just complain about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 508 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Yep thats before Square Enix decided to play with other consoles and hard ware. This is when they made most things for Sony now its for everyone and you wont see games liek that from Square again if they keep buisness they way they are. Theres no devotion any more just make the game.

normally i ignore your posts Panther since your a complete A-hole. but i do agree with this one. since FF10 Square has really gone down hill.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 508 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8396 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Sony attack dogs? I simply prefer thought processes over childish wants. 

bark bark..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shadoefax wrote:

I love how you chime in on only these topics yourself.

Who... me??  I chime in on all kinds of topics, Panther.  

and a few others.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 508 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8396 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

normally i ignore your posts Panther since your a complete A-hole. but i do agree with this one. since FF10 Square has really gone down hill.

And who do you blame SQUARE! not sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 508 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2828 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

I enjoyed too many to post here, but FF10 was great, and it was a PS2 game!  Even now, look at the graphics on that game.  No real need to redo them, although the game was redone in HD.  Even without the HD the game looked great for a PS2 game.  

Square died when the Soft part of it left the company (well, technically left it - the Soft side is still there).  But I agree.  Square Enix is pretty much dead.  It'll never be the same again.  

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 508 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2828 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

I'll say FF12, but I agree, that's not Sony's fault.  Believe me, I tell SE quite a lot on their North American FB page lol @@ 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 508 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

(sigh) re-read the posts, we were talking about how it takes a long time for games to be made because of graphics not that it was Sony's fault for it. seriously if your gonna be a jerk at least get the meaning right..

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 508 (239 Views)
0 Likes