Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/23/2010
Online
2975 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

mega_buu wrote:

I've never gotten the whole issue with having to pay for online. I have been a plus member since my first PS3 back in 2009 and just the free games you get is worth the $50 a year. Yes, I know that you have to keep paying to keep those games, but honestly any plus member will keep their subscription going because they are after those free games and massive discounts. I don't even look at it like I have to pay for online cause I'm already paying for those other perks.


One of my original issues was the games were too random. If we were allowed a list of select games and voted on the ones we wanted, that would improve things. Another issue, as you pointed out, is that those "Free" games are actually tied to PS+ membership. I'm not interested in having my games attached to a string that Sony could pull back in for money.

 

As for the pay for online thing, if I wanted a system with an online multiplayer fee, I would have bought an Xbox instead of a PS3.

 

If you like PS+, good for you. 

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 31 of 508 (256 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/09/2006
Online
5944 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 32 of 508 (256 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
1954 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!

you bought into the hype, enjoy waiting years for high demand games..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 508 (251 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
10884 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!

you bought into the hype, enjoy waiting years for high demand games..


Umm Sarcasm. Hes being very sarcastic saying like me he uses his console everyday and is very happy with it.


Message 34 of 508 (237 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/10/2014
Offline
1021 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!

you bought into the hype, enjoy waiting years for high demand games..


What high-demand games are you referring to? Just curious.

Message 35 of 508 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
1954 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

What high-demand games are you referring to? Just curious.

Uncharted series after Uncharted 4, God of War series, all the big names like that. the more people what better graphics the longer it will take to make them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 36 of 508 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/06/2014
Online
4656 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

What high-demand games are you referring to? Just curious.

Uncharted series after Uncharted 4, God of War series, all the big names like that. the more people what better graphics the longer it will take to make them.


I'm playing GOW Ascention right now on my PS3, and I love that game though it's difficult to get by in some points.  Still, I'm very content with the gameplay and the graphics - they're fine!  It'll take a day in a week to get a GOW for the PS4 at the rate games are being made now.  

Message 37 of 508 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
10884 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!

you bought into the hype, enjoy waiting years for high demand games..


What high-demand games are you referring to? Just curious.


Destiny, Drive Club, The Order, LBP 3, Uncharted 4 or arnt these games good enough any more now that every one is so spoiled?


Message 38 of 508 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/06/2014
Online
4656 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!

you bought into the hype, enjoy waiting years for high demand games..


What high-demand games are you referring to? Just curious.


Destiny, Drive Club, The Order, LBP 3, Uncharted 4 or arnt these games good enough any more now that every one is so spoiled?


I want a Final Fantasy TYPE O!  Give me that and I promise I'll shut up.  Give me a great Crash Bandicoot for the PS4 and I promise I'll shut up lol !! 

Message 39 of 508 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Online
4881 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

stalemate666 wrote:

So yeah pretty much everything Sony has done with the vita since launch has convinced me not to get a ps4. That's really the only reason (other then my backlog) Sony has just made one stupidly horrible deceision after another, they started cashing shooters again and obviously have no idea how to advertise anything else. wiiU hardware sucks and XB1 has horrible policies so I'll either sit this gen out or get gaming PC, unless Sony stops being so stupid. 

 

Honestly though I'm really hating direction the industry is going.

 

-Charging for updates and making less and less content for games because they can just charge for it later as DLC

I have not been charged for an update. I have no idea what you are talking about with this.

-Making budgets even bigger making games even less unique and even more "casualized" 

Uhmmmmm this is on the Devs, not the platform provider. Because guess what the One and PC have the same content.

-Completely ignoring genres despite obvious and repeated examples that people want them 

Again this is on the Devs. Sony doesn't sit there and say "Hey we need more shooters, IW develop another shooter NOW!" They supply a dev kit and the dev decides what they want to do.

-Charging for online

Not a big deal, $50/year ($30 on black Friday) and better benefits than Live.

-Insane prices for renting games digitally... 

LOL there is no proof that those prices are final. And here is a little secret...YOU DON'T HAVE TO RENT THEM! LOL

-Chasing after candy crush and call of duty... 

Are you talking about allowing indies and concentrating on shooters? Again, the devs decide the genre and the indies are fine and can keep you busy. War Thunder is fun.

 

Yeah too much stupidity in the industry, and Sony is no exception, before they were the best of a bad bunch but they are getting worse and I just can't support this stupidity even longer. 


I am enjoying my PS4, BF4, FIFA, MGS, NFS, War Thunder and now Sniper Elite 3. Considering my summer is usually very busy I am getting pretty good use out of my 4. But that is me.

Message 40 of 508 (204 Views)