Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
9321 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

 


Yes I know, I know exactly what's going on, what I'm saying is it's a stupid business decesion and they'd make more and lose less by making games in other genres. Why make a game in a genre where the pie is smaller? Because you get 25-100% of the pie instead of 0.01% of the pie. You make more money and you have to spend less to compete, ie good business decesion. 

 

Again your wrong, there is less of a chance of dollars coming in when making a shooter unless you are already one of the big ones. I'm not saying the ones making a ton of money should stop, I'm saying the dozens(being litteral) of copycats who aren't making money should stop. 

 

$10 million? turn based strategy, puzzle, action rpg, action adventure could probably do it. A shooter you'd have to spend 8 million on advertising to make $30 million. 


Seeing that you are throwing arbitrary numbers out there, I will do the same.

COD sees billions in sales almost each iteration. $1 billion first day sales for BO 2? So let's use $3 billion in sales for shooter annualy.

Let's say action RPG is $100 million annualy and I am probably being a little generous.

 

First off all you will never get 100% of the market, even a small market compared to shooter. To be fair I will say 40% and that is very generous.

 

So if I got 40% of the $100 million, $40 million. Not bad.

But IF I got 5% of $3 billion....hmmmmm $150 million.

 

I would take my chances with the shooter.

 

There are developers out there trying new things and I hope they succeed. I have no issues with companies putting their feet in new waters and coming up with new and exciting games. The problem is the people speak and their dollars are going towards shooters. Right or wrong doesn't matter but I am not going to go fishing in a lake with no fish in it. If I want to catch a lot of fish I am going to the lake that has plenty of fish.

 

 


There comes a time when people get tired of the same ole same ole, and that time is now.  People are getting tired of shooters, and the only reason people are buying them (such as COD) us because there is nothing else being offered worth anything right now.  Game companies need to get it together and understand that now everyone wants shooter games, including yours truly.  We're oversaturated with them, and no wonder the overall market is floundering in game sales.  COD may make those billions, but only because there's nothing else being made. 

Why invest in a console if there is no choices in games?  I play my old games, but after a while they get old to and I want something else to play.  


Yet  next COD and BF that comes out soon will sell millions of coppies. Speak for your self please.


I'm not only speaking for myself, I'm speaking for the millions of others who are not into shooters and want something dfferent.  I mean, good grief!  If people only wanted shooters, companies like Square wouldn't even be in existence now.  There are a great many people who enjoy other genre's, and we're not going to shut up for you or anyone else until our voices get heard to.  


And what about the billions who ARE into shooters?


There's an estimated 6 billion people on this planet, and more than half of those people don't even have electricity or running water in their homes and places they live in.  Billions into shooters...?  C'mon Panther, I know you're smarter than that.  


Ya blew me off lol and I think you get my point  and decided to go and flame me. What about those millions that do want shooters that sit there waiting for that next COD or BF release?


Message 391 of 508 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Online
9924 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2014
Dude. You are over the top. I come to this thread out of pure entertainment. Every time I see you or Ness with a fresh reply, I think, Oh Boy. What can they possibly say next. You two post some very off the wall things and you look like you are in absolute misery.

Do you really think Sony is listening to little ole you? If they are, they apparently also saw the way I trash the Sony Wireless Headset and Pulse Elites. Did that stop them from releasing the Golds with that crappy VSS instead of a world class headset comparable to their F1's or MA900's using Dolby Headphone, THX TruStudio or DTS Headphone X? Hell no. Do I care? Not really?

You see, when Microsoft had to change their policies and features it's because they faced a huge **bleep**storm from everybody including the vast majority of their fanbase, developers and every critic in the business. And most importantly, they saw their console just sit on retail shelves the entire holiday. Not just forum complaints from a few cheapskates who want something for nothing because hobby time exceeds employment time.
Message 392 of 508 (174 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/06/2014
Online
3276 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

 


Yes I know, I know exactly what's going on, what I'm saying is it's a stupid business decesion and they'd make more and lose less by making games in other genres. Why make a game in a genre where the pie is smaller? Because you get 25-100% of the pie instead of 0.01% of the pie. You make more money and you have to spend less to compete, ie good business decesion. 

 

Again your wrong, there is less of a chance of dollars coming in when making a shooter unless you are already one of the big ones. I'm not saying the ones making a ton of money should stop, I'm saying the dozens(being litteral) of copycats who aren't making money should stop. 

 

$10 million? turn based strategy, puzzle, action rpg, action adventure could probably do it. A shooter you'd have to spend 8 million on advertising to make $30 million. 


Seeing that you are throwing arbitrary numbers out there, I will do the same.

COD sees billions in sales almost each iteration. $1 billion first day sales for BO 2? So let's use $3 billion in sales for shooter annualy.

Let's say action RPG is $100 million annualy and I am probably being a little generous.

 

First off all you will never get 100% of the market, even a small market compared to shooter. To be fair I will say 40% and that is very generous.

 

So if I got 40% of the $100 million, $40 million. Not bad.

But IF I got 5% of $3 billion....hmmmmm $150 million.

 

I would take my chances with the shooter.

 

There are developers out there trying new things and I hope they succeed. I have no issues with companies putting their feet in new waters and coming up with new and exciting games. The problem is the people speak and their dollars are going towards shooters. Right or wrong doesn't matter but I am not going to go fishing in a lake with no fish in it. If I want to catch a lot of fish I am going to the lake that has plenty of fish.

 

 


There comes a time when people get tired of the same ole same ole, and that time is now.  People are getting tired of shooters, and the only reason people are buying them (such as COD) us because there is nothing else being offered worth anything right now.  Game companies need to get it together and understand that now everyone wants shooter games, including yours truly.  We're oversaturated with them, and no wonder the overall market is floundering in game sales.  COD may make those billions, but only because there's nothing else being made. 

Why invest in a console if there is no choices in games?  I play my old games, but after a while they get old to and I want something else to play.  


Yet  next COD and BF that comes out soon will sell millions of coppies. Speak for your self please.


I'm not only speaking for myself, I'm speaking for the millions of others who are not into shooters and want something dfferent.  I mean, good grief!  If people only wanted shooters, companies like Square wouldn't even be in existence now.  There are a great many people who enjoy other genre's, and we're not going to shut up for you or anyone else until our voices get heard to.  


And what about the billions who ARE into shooters?


There's an estimated 6 billion people on this planet, and more than half of those people don't even have electricity or running water in their homes and places they live in.  Billions into shooters...?  C'mon Panther, I know you're smarter than that.  


Ya blew me off lol and I think you get my point  and decided to go and flame me. What about those millions that do want shooters that sit there waiting for that next COD or BF release?


Panther, you are one of the few on here I actually afree with 99% of the time, but billions...? lol!!  Anyway, what about the Millions..?  Well, there's millions who like other genre's to.  We need to have a balance Panther.  

Message 393 of 508 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Online
9924 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014
@shadoefax

We do have a balance since most shooters are third party multiplats. Sony on the other hand releases games for many genres. Most just take a long time to make. I mean look at all the exclusives that came out just last year. How many of those were even Shooters?
Message 394 of 508 (162 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
9321 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

 


Yes I know, I know exactly what's going on, what I'm saying is it's a stupid business decesion and they'd make more and lose less by making games in other genres. Why make a game in a genre where the pie is smaller? Because you get 25-100% of the pie instead of 0.01% of the pie. You make more money and you have to spend less to compete, ie good business decesion. 

 

Again your wrong, there is less of a chance of dollars coming in when making a shooter unless you are already one of the big ones. I'm not saying the ones making a ton of money should stop, I'm saying the dozens(being litteral) of copycats who aren't making money should stop. 

 

$10 million? turn based strategy, puzzle, action rpg, action adventure could probably do it. A shooter you'd have to spend 8 million on advertising to make $30 million. 


Seeing that you are throwing arbitrary numbers out there, I will do the same.

COD sees billions in sales almost each iteration. $1 billion first day sales for BO 2? So let's use $3 billion in sales for shooter annualy.

Let's say action RPG is $100 million annualy and I am probably being a little generous.

 

First off all you will never get 100% of the market, even a small market compared to shooter. To be fair I will say 40% and that is very generous.

 

So if I got 40% of the $100 million, $40 million. Not bad.

But IF I got 5% of $3 billion....hmmmmm $150 million.

 

I would take my chances with the shooter.

 

There are developers out there trying new things and I hope they succeed. I have no issues with companies putting their feet in new waters and coming up with new and exciting games. The problem is the people speak and their dollars are going towards shooters. Right or wrong doesn't matter but I am not going to go fishing in a lake with no fish in it. If I want to catch a lot of fish I am going to the lake that has plenty of fish.

 

 


There comes a time when people get tired of the same ole same ole, and that time is now.  People are getting tired of shooters, and the only reason people are buying them (such as COD) us because there is nothing else being offered worth anything right now.  Game companies need to get it together and understand that now everyone wants shooter games, including yours truly.  We're oversaturated with them, and no wonder the overall market is floundering in game sales.  COD may make those billions, but only because there's nothing else being made. 

Why invest in a console if there is no choices in games?  I play my old games, but after a while they get old to and I want something else to play.  


Yet  next COD and BF that comes out soon will sell millions of coppies. Speak for your self please.


I'm not only speaking for myself, I'm speaking for the millions of others who are not into shooters and want something dfferent.  I mean, good grief!  If people only wanted shooters, companies like Square wouldn't even be in existence now.  There are a great many people who enjoy other genre's, and we're not going to shut up for you or anyone else until our voices get heard to.  


And what about the billions who ARE into shooters?


There's an estimated 6 billion people on this planet, and more than half of those people don't even have electricity or running water in their homes and places they live in.  Billions into shooters...?  C'mon Panther, I know you're smarter than that.  


Ya blew me off lol and I think you get my point  and decided to go and flame me. What about those millions that do want shooters that sit there waiting for that next COD or BF release?


Panther, you are one of the few on here I actually afree with 99% of the time, but billions...? lol!!  Anyway, what about the Millions..?  Well, there's millions who like other genre's to.  We need to have a balance Panther.  


Agreed but you just cant shut down what the other people want. Im not huge fan of todays shooters either. Destiny seems fun . Im more type of a metal gear fan when it goes to shooters. Stry and other game mechanics my self. But shooters rule here in US. That ad game i hate more th an anything Sports. But it is what it is we must be patient due to were not the in crowd. LBP 3, Uncharted 4, Dragon age all right around the corner. You can look at my trophies to see where I sit what kind of games i played. Last real shooter i got into and loved was Resistance franchise. This was due to story and cop op on there 2nd game. If you even check my trophies you will see  I hardly ever play MP DM on those games cause I dont want to put up with loud mouths trolls or cheaters.


Message 395 of 508 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/06/2014
Online
3276 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

 


Yes I know, I know exactly what's going on, what I'm saying is it's a stupid business decesion and they'd make more and lose less by making games in other genres. Why make a game in a genre where the pie is smaller? Because you get 25-100% of the pie instead of 0.01% of the pie. You make more money and you have to spend less to compete, ie good business decesion. 

 

Again your wrong, there is less of a chance of dollars coming in when making a shooter unless you are already one of the big ones. I'm not saying the ones making a ton of money should stop, I'm saying the dozens(being litteral) of copycats who aren't making money should stop. 

 

$10 million? turn based strategy, puzzle, action rpg, action adventure could probably do it. A shooter you'd have to spend 8 million on advertising to make $30 million. 


Seeing that you are throwing arbitrary numbers out there, I will do the same.

COD sees billions in sales almost each iteration. $1 billion first day sales for BO 2? So let's use $3 billion in sales for shooter annualy.

Let's say action RPG is $100 million annualy and I am probably being a little generous.

 

First off all you will never get 100% of the market, even a small market compared to shooter. To be fair I will say 40% and that is very generous.

 

So if I got 40% of the $100 million, $40 million. Not bad.

But IF I got 5% of $3 billion....hmmmmm $150 million.

 

I would take my chances with the shooter.

 

There are developers out there trying new things and I hope they succeed. I have no issues with companies putting their feet in new waters and coming up with new and exciting games. The problem is the people speak and their dollars are going towards shooters. Right or wrong doesn't matter but I am not going to go fishing in a lake with no fish in it. If I want to catch a lot of fish I am going to the lake that has plenty of fish.

 

 


There comes a time when people get tired of the same ole same ole, and that time is now.  People are getting tired of shooters, and the only reason people are buying them (such as COD) us because there is nothing else being offered worth anything right now.  Game companies need to get it together and understand that now everyone wants shooter games, including yours truly.  We're oversaturated with them, and no wonder the overall market is floundering in game sales.  COD may make those billions, but only because there's nothing else being made. 

Why invest in a console if there is no choices in games?  I play my old games, but after a while they get old to and I want something else to play.  


Yet  next COD and BF that comes out soon will sell millions of coppies. Speak for your self please.


I'm not only speaking for myself, I'm speaking for the millions of others who are not into shooters and want something dfferent.  I mean, good grief!  If people only wanted shooters, companies like Square wouldn't even be in existence now.  There are a great many people who enjoy other genre's, and we're not going to shut up for you or anyone else until our voices get heard to.  


And what about the billions who ARE into shooters?


There's an estimated 6 billion people on this planet, and more than half of those people don't even have electricity or running water in their homes and places they live in.  Billions into shooters...?  C'mon Panther, I know you're smarter than that.  


Ya blew me off lol and I think you get my point  and decided to go and flame me. What about those millions that do want shooters that sit there waiting for that next COD or BF release?


Panther, you are one of the few on here I actually afree with 99% of the time, but billions...? lol!!  Anyway, what about the Millions..?  Well, there's millions who like other genre's to.  We need to have a balance Panther.  


Agreed but you just cant shut down what the other people want. Im not huge fan of todays shooters either. Destiny seems fun . Im more type of a metal gear fan when it goes to shooters. Stry and other game mechanics my self. But shooters rule here in US. That ad game i hate more th an anything Sports. But it is what it is we must be patient due to were not the in crowd. LBP 3, Uncharted 4, Dragon age all right around the corner. You can look at my trophies to see where I sit what kind of games i played. Last real shooter i got into and loved was Resistance franchise. This was due to story and cop op on there 2nd game. If you even check my trophies you will see  I hardly ever play MP DM on those games cause I dont want to put up with loud mouths trolls or cheaters.


I agree with you on the fact that people need shooters to play to, and no, we don't need to do away with them.  That's not what I'm saying at all.  I'd just like a better variety at the moment.  I know, down the road we're going to have plenty of variety, and eventually we will.  it's just the waiting that's the hardest part.  I want to play the games I like now, not (say) 2 years from now.  Heaven only knows when we'll get FF Type O, but at least KH 2,5 is coming out in early December.  Thats 5 months down the road, and even though that isn't that long, it just feels like forever..  

Message 396 of 508 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
9321 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

 


Yes I know, I know exactly what's going on, what I'm saying is it's a stupid business decesion and they'd make more and lose less by making games in other genres. Why make a game in a genre where the pie is smaller? Because you get 25-100% of the pie instead of 0.01% of the pie. You make more money and you have to spend less to compete, ie good business decesion. 

 

Again your wrong, there is less of a chance of dollars coming in when making a shooter unless you are already one of the big ones. I'm not saying the ones making a ton of money should stop, I'm saying the dozens(being litteral) of copycats who aren't making money should stop. 

 

$10 million? turn based strategy, puzzle, action rpg, action adventure could probably do it. A shooter you'd have to spend 8 million on advertising to make $30 million. 


Seeing that you are throwing arbitrary numbers out there, I will do the same.

COD sees billions in sales almost each iteration. $1 billion first day sales for BO 2? So let's use $3 billion in sales for shooter annualy.

Let's say action RPG is $100 million annualy and I am probably being a little generous.

 

First off all you will never get 100% of the market, even a small market compared to shooter. To be fair I will say 40% and that is very generous.

 

So if I got 40% of the $100 million, $40 million. Not bad.

But IF I got 5% of $3 billion....hmmmmm $150 million.

 

I would take my chances with the shooter.

 

There are developers out there trying new things and I hope they succeed. I have no issues with companies putting their feet in new waters and coming up with new and exciting games. The problem is the people speak and their dollars are going towards shooters. Right or wrong doesn't matter but I am not going to go fishing in a lake with no fish in it. If I want to catch a lot of fish I am going to the lake that has plenty of fish.

 

 


There comes a time when people get tired of the same ole same ole, and that time is now.  People are getting tired of shooters, and the only reason people are buying them (such as COD) us because there is nothing else being offered worth anything right now.  Game companies need to get it together and understand that now everyone wants shooter games, including yours truly.  We're oversaturated with them, and no wonder the overall market is floundering in game sales.  COD may make those billions, but only because there's nothing else being made. 

Why invest in a console if there is no choices in games?  I play my old games, but after a while they get old to and I want something else to play.  


Yet  next COD and BF that comes out soon will sell millions of coppies. Speak for your self please.


I'm not only speaking for myself, I'm speaking for the millions of others who are not into shooters and want something dfferent.  I mean, good grief!  If people only wanted shooters, companies like Square wouldn't even be in existence now.  There are a great many people who enjoy other genre's, and we're not going to shut up for you or anyone else until our voices get heard to.  


And what about the billions who ARE into shooters?


There's an estimated 6 billion people on this planet, and more than half of those people don't even have electricity or running water in their homes and places they live in.  Billions into shooters...?  C'mon Panther, I know you're smarter than that.  


Ya blew me off lol and I think you get my point  and decided to go and flame me. What about those millions that do want shooters that sit there waiting for that next COD or BF release?


Panther, you are one of the few on here I actually afree with 99% of the time, but billions...? lol!!  Anyway, what about the Millions..?  Well, there's millions who like other genre's to.  We need to have a balance Panther.  


Agreed but you just cant shut down what the other people want. Im not huge fan of todays shooters either. Destiny seems fun . Im more type of a metal gear fan when it goes to shooters. Stry and other game mechanics my self. But shooters rule here in US. That ad game i hate more th an anything Sports. But it is what it is we must be patient due to were not the in crowd. LBP 3, Uncharted 4, Dragon age all right around the corner. You can look at my trophies to see where I sit what kind of games i played. Last real shooter i got into and loved was Resistance franchise. This was due to story and cop op on there 2nd game. If you even check my trophies you will see  I hardly ever play MP DM on those games cause I dont want to put up with loud mouths trolls or cheaters.


I agree with you on the fact that people need shooters to play to, and no, we don't need to do away with them.  That's not what I'm saying at all.  I'd just like a better variety at the moment.  I know, down the road we're going to have plenty of variety, and eventually we will.  it's just the waiting that's the hardest part.  I want to play the games I like now, not (say) 2 years from now.  Heaven only knows when we'll get FF Type O, but at least KH 2,5 is coming out in early December.  Thats 5 months down the road, and even though that isn't that long, it just feels like forever..  


Right now the Devs and industry  specially with new hard ware out this past year are feeding into instant money. Shooters. As  time passes we will see tons of other games. As you said we may have to  wait. This is why i like Indies and stuff. If I do get bored it give me something to atleast tinker with a while before other games come out.


Message 397 of 508 (141 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2008
Online
3918 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@uh--oh

Even if Sony did get some information from these forums. Who do you think they are going to listen to? Their happy customers. sales numbers and great success this gen compared to last gen? Or the same three butt hurt crybabies who have way too much time on their hands?

3 butt hurt people... lmao

 

I'll tell you something and it will show how dumb your reply was. You worry that we will be heard by sony. So YOU come to the threads to tell us how wrong we are. If you truly feel no one from sony is going to see our post then why do you attack all of them? You mentality makes no sense, for if no one is listening then why worry about what we post?

 

Now who isn't smart here??? rotflmao


And what you dont feel your always right here either when you talk down to everyone like there a piece of turd on the ground. what comes around goes around.


Too funny, you say no one is listening to us yet you attack us... Oh its because your superior to us all isn't it... lol Jesus man get a grip.... Loco

Message 398 of 508 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2010
Online
1806 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

wow, i went to work and this post just got worse and worse..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 399 of 508 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
9321 posts
 

Re: Not getting PS4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 14, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@uh--oh

Even if Sony did get some information from these forums. Who do you think they are going to listen to? Their happy customers. sales numbers and great success this gen compared to last gen? Or the same three butt hurt crybabies who have way too much time on their hands?

3 butt hurt people... lmao

 

I'll tell you something and it will show how dumb your reply was. You worry that we will be heard by sony. So YOU come to the threads to tell us how wrong we are. If you truly feel no one from sony is going to see our post then why do you attack all of them? You mentality makes no sense, for if no one is listening then why worry about what we post?

 

Now who isn't smart here??? rotflmao


And what you dont feel your always right here either when you talk down to everyone like there a piece of turd on the ground. what comes around goes around.


Too funny, you say no one is listening to us yet you attack us... Oh its because your superior to us all isn't it... lol Jesus man get a grip.... Loco


Nope I realize how buisness work and know they wont care to the 1% They will cate to the larger number every time. You being the 1% you will never be happy,


Message 400 of 508 (120 Views)
0 Likes