Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!

you bought into the hype, enjoy waiting years for high demand games..

What high-demand games are you referring to? Just curious.

Destiny, Drive Club, The Order, LBP 3, Uncharted 4 or arnt these games good enough any more now that every one is so spoiled?

I want a Final Fantasy TYPE O!  Give me that and I promise I'll shut up.  Give me a great Crash Bandicoot for the PS4 and I promise I'll shut up lol !! 

FF XV is coming to PS4. I just dont know a release date. Generly those games huge high end RPGs dont release  so close to launch time. Every one I remember 7 , 8 ,9 ,10 11 ,12, 13, was all after the consoles have been released for a set time period.

Message 41 of 508 (255 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6317 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
**bleep**. What am I doing with my life? Ps4 is such a horrible system according to several here, so why do I use it every day? I must have horrible taste because I enjoy playing it!

you bought into the hype, enjoy waiting years for high demand games..

Destiny, Drive Club, The Order, LBP 3, Uncharted 4 or arnt these games good enough any more now that every one is so spoiled?

I want a Final Fantasy TYPE O!  Give me that and I promise I'll shut up.  Give me a great Crash Bandicoot for the PS4 and I promise I'll shut up lol !! 

FF XV is coming to PS4. I just dont know a release date. Generly those games huge high end RPGs dont release  so close to launch time. Every one I remember 7 , 8 ,9 ,10 11 ,12, 13, was all after the consoles have been released for a set time period.

I know Panther.  It takes time for those unfortunately..  

Message 42 of 508 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

Uncharted series after Uncharted 4, God of War series, all the big names like that. the more people what better graphics the longer it will take to make them.

Honestly, I think we'd be better off getting new game franchises, new series, and game ideas that are well-built instead of selling on brand name. But, since the majority of the market now is driven by brand name and graphics alone, that's long gone. The industry was much better IMO when gaming wasn't so common overall.

Message 43 of 508 (246 Views)
Survivor
2358 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014
i do understand where shadoefax is coming from though, FF type O was promised back in mid life for PS3 just as KH3 was but due to the amount of work its had to keep getting push back till eventually they said heck with it and put it on PS4.

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

Honestly, I think we'd be better off getting new game franchises, new series, and game ideas that are well-built instead of selling on brand name. But, since the majority of the market now is driven by brand name and graphics alone, that's long gone. The industry was much better IMO when gaming wasn't so common overall.

i agree. graphics have taken over where good gameplay machanics should of stayed.

Message 44 of 508 (245 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

Uncharted series after Uncharted 4, God of War series, all the big names like that. the more people what better graphics the longer it will take to make them.

Problem is you got to many big companies releasing yearly titles with no real change and everyone stil buys them up by the millions. With it being like this it never will change. This is why I support Indies. They may not be the greates or the best. They offer something new at times.

Message 45 of 508 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:
i do understand where shadoefax is coming from though, FF type O was promised back in mid life for PS3 just as KH3 was but due to the amount of work its had to keep getting push back till eventually they said heck with it and put it on PS4.

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

i agree. graphics have taken over where good gameplay machanics should of stayed.

i'm gonna need some sources on that because i'm about 99.999999999999999999% sure that type-0 and KH3 were never even announced for ps3 

there might have been rumours but i'm pretty sure there was never actually anything officail 

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 46 of 508 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6317 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

Problem is you got to many big companies releasing yearly titles with no real change and everyone stil buys them up by the millions. With it being like this it never will change.

Everything changed when the PS3 went into DVD format, or at least I think so.  Once we got away from multi-disc games, and everything had to be DLC and all that, it all changed.  I know Final Fantasy has numerous titles, but they're all different and none are alike.  (Well, maybe 10/10-2), but anyway!  How many COD's do we need..?  How many Skyrim's do we need..?  Same old stuff, different day.  

Message 47 of 508 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

I agree. Graphics have taken over where good gameplay machanics should of stayed.

I wonder how many people around still think this. I personally program, am starting to be involved with game design, but realistically, I wonder if there's any chance that unique ideas will even be accepted at this point. It's sad that someone who wants to go into the industry has to worry about if their ideas will be too unique to work in the modern era.

Message 48 of 508 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2358 posts

Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:
I wonder how many people around still think this. I personally program, am starting to be involved with game design, but realistically, I wonder if there's any chance that unique ideas will even be accepted at this point. It's sad that someone who wants to go into the industry has to worry about if their ideas will be too unique to work in the modern era.

PS2 was the perfect era, tons of games were coming out form people trying something new, this one comes to mind. its was actually really good.

Legaia2US.jpg

Message 49 of 508 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6317 posts

Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

I agree. Graphics have taken over where good gameplay machanics should of stayed.

Pretty much everyone on the 'Soft' side of Square-Enix was told to take a hike because they were not allowed to use their creativity to make games anymore.  That's why Square Enix is in the hole at the moment:  They want to make junk like the entire 13 trilogy.  That mess was nothing but a big pile of stinking garbage, and the sales of that entire series proves that.  

Creativity is no longer an asset when working for a game company.  Just make a game where you can point and shoot at something and you're good to go.  Gaming for the most part is dead. 

Message 50 of 508 (202 Views)
0 Likes