Fender Bender
2921 posts

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDrago.

true. the PS2 Era will never be repeated. Sony basically was way above anyone with the PS2. developers made games mostly just for the PS2. it won't happen again.

Message 51 of 508 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:
I wonder how many people around still think this. I personally program, am starting to be involved with game design, but realistically, I wonder if there's any chance that unique ideas will even be accepted at this point. It's sad that someone who wants to go into the industry has to worry about if their ideas will be too unique to work in the modern era.

PS2 was the perfect era, tons of games were coming out form people trying something new, this one comes to mind. its was actually really good.

Legaia2US.jpg

Legend of Legaia was one of the first RPG's I ever played, and I still love that game! 

Message 52 of 508 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Jul 12, 2014

I own a PS4 I like it but I tell people not to buy one yet because its way to early just like the PS3 in the early days its not worth it yet there not enough games to play nor is there a lot of features yet 

Message 53 of 508 (333 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

So yeah pretty much everything Sony has done with the vita since launch has convinced me not to get a ps4. That's really the only reason (other then my backlog) Sony has just made one stupidly horrible deceision after another, they started cashing shooters again and obviously have no idea how to advertise anything else. wiiU hardware sucks and XB1 has horrible policies so I'll either sit this gen out or get gaming PC, unless Sony stops being so stupid. 

Honestly though I'm really hating direction the industry is going.

-Charging for updates and making less and less content for games because they can just charge for it later as DLC

-Making budgets even bigger making games even less unique and even more "casualized" 

-Completely ignoring genres despite obvious and repeated examples that people want them 

-Charging for online

-Insane prices for renting games digitally... 

-Chasing after candy crush and call of duty... 

Yeah too much stupidity in the industry, and Sony is no exception, before they were the best of a bad bunch but they are getting worse and I just can't support this stupidity even longer. 

mkay.

are you hoping people will try to change your mind or something?

and frankly, most of your points are either false, not Sony's fault or just opinions. but to each his own.

Actually, the OP makes some very good points, and I've outlined the best ones he's made in red for you.  The Op is just telling the truth:  There is really no choice in game genre's anymore:  Everything is all shooter anymore, and they are charging us to play online.  Rental prices are high.  Have you seen the rental prices on the NOW Beta?  I have.  They're high.  

I don't see where the OP is really wrong in his/her post.  Actually, the OP is telling the truth.  For what it hurts to hear, it's still the truth.  

none of that is Sony's fault though. Sony doesnt make every video game.

as for the PS Now rental prices, those are high but they arent 100% official yet. PS Now is still in development.

Message 54 of 508 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

What high-demand games are you referring to? Just curious.

Uncharted series after Uncharted 4, God of War series, all the big names like that. the more people what better graphics the longer it will take to make them.

Honestly, I think we'd be better off getting new game franchises, new series, and game ideas that are well-built instead of selling on brand name. But, since the majority of the market now is driven by brand name and graphics alone, that's long gone. The industry was much better IMO when gaming wasn't so common overall.

Problem is you got to many big companies releasing yearly titles with no real change and everyone stil buys them up by the millions. With it being like this it never will change.

Everything changed when the PS3 went into DVD format, or at least I think so.  Once we got away from multi-disc games, and everything had to be DLC and all that, it all changed.  I know Final Fantasy has numerous titles, but they're all different and none are alike.  (Well, maybe 10/10-2), but anyway!  How many COD's do we need..?  How many Skyrim's do we need..?  Same old stuff, different day.  

I agree on COD, The Skyrims arent that bad. Ive beat SkyRim and Oblivion and there were some differences, But Square is different but not decent prducts any more. Lots there titles great ideas but always lacking something in the end. That not even DLC seems to fix,

Message 55 of 508 (330 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Jul 12, 2014

LordDust wrote:

I own a PS4 I like it but I tell people not to buy one yet because its way to early just like the PS3 in the early days its not worth it yet there not enough games to play nor is there a lot of features yet 

My nephew asked me today at a cookout we had if he should get a PS4 and I told him the same thing:  Wait a while.  

Message 56 of 508 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4083 posts

Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

I agree. Graphics have taken over where good gameplay machanics should of stayed.

I wonder how many people around still think this. I personally program, am starting to be involved with game design, but realistically, I wonder if there's any chance that unique ideas will even be accepted at this point. It's sad that someone who wants to go into the industry has to worry about if their ideas will be too unique to work in the modern era.

I think PC gamers are more open minded when it comes to unique games. Examples include Goat Simulator and SCP Containment Breach.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 57 of 508 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

I agree. Graphics have taken over where good gameplay machanics should of stayed.

Problem is everyone wants to be a mini Rambo. Shooters sell here most in the US above everything else. Then you got your other games behind it. Now these shooters everyone wants are all the same different maps yes but same engine thats like 9 years old. And still buy millions of copies of this game. How can you risk something new knowing what I said above works. Why take the risk and go out of buisness when you can just creat a man a gun and another person to shoot at and it will sell millions.

Message 58 of 508 (316 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

I think PC gamers are more open minded when it comes to unique games. Examples include Goat Simulator and SCP Containment Breach.

Bull if you check game servers 90% of them are all shooters NES 90%. Companies may try new things but no one may but them. Goat simulatorl Summer sale what they sell 100 copies where your typical COD sold thousands,

Message 59 of 508 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2358 posts

Jul 12, 2014

to me the only things that would ever make me consider a PS4 are the following:

*giving out a controller that doesn't have the share button, if it records stuff its kind of always doing this and eats the power use up.

*make the system more sturdy, especually if kids are around it. the current model seems a bit flimsy.

*set up a option for the share fuction to be shut off completely.

*bring back a usb wired option at least.

i would like the online policy changed or at least set up a limited version where people could just game and use the store, but i know that would never happen.

those are just the main things i dislike about teh system. and for all the times people here complain about others not looking into the system before buying it. i at least did and this is why i'm skipping it.

Message 60 of 508 (300 Views)
0 Likes