Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/06/2014
Offline
6399 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

to me the only things that would ever make me consider a PS4 are the following:

*giving out a controller that doesn't have the share button, if it records stuff its kind of always doing this and eats the power use up.

*make the system more sturdy, especually if kids are around it. the current model seems a bit flimsy.

*set up a option for the share fuction to be shut off completely.

*bring back a usb wired option at least.

 

i would like the online policy changed or at least set up a limited version where people could just game and use the store, but i know that would never happen.

 

those are just the main things i dislike about teh system. and for all the times people here complain about others not looking into the system before buying it. i at least did and this is why i'm skipping it.


The share button doesn't bother me, but I would like to see a USB option in the near future.  As for the console itself:  It seem sturdy enough, but I don't have young kids around and no one plays it but me here.  My boys play their 360s and my wife doesn't play at all. 

Message 61 of 508 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

to me the only things that would ever make me consider a PS4 are the following:

*giving out a controller that doesn't have the share button, if it records stuff its kind of always doing this and eats the power use up.  Just dont use the share button. Very simple or turn off social network settings even easier,

*make the system more sturdy, especually if kids are around it. the current model seems a bit flimsy. People claimed ot drop 3 or 4 times and it still works. Um thats not bad at all and any disk player from cd to PS4 has moving parts and a simple drop can damage due to this. Nothing can fix that due to momentum of the fall and sudden stopage. Even drop proof hardrive can take a hit only so hard.

*set up a option for the share fuction to be shut off completely. Again just  dont turn on the social network features and it wont share.

*bring back a usb wired option at least.

 

i would like the online policy changed or at least set up a limited version where people could just game and use the store, but i know that would never happen. 

 

those are just the main things i dislike about teh system. and for all the times people here complain about others not looking into the system before buying it. i at least did and this is why i'm skipping it.


 

Message 62 of 508 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/30/2012
Offline
231 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

to me the only things that would ever make me consider a PS4 are the following:

*giving out a controller that doesn't have the share button, if it records stuff its kind of always doing this and eats the power use up.

*make the system more sturdy, especually if kids are around it. the current model seems a bit flimsy.

*set up a option for the share fuction to be shut off completely.

*bring back a usb wired option at least.

 

i would like the online policy changed or at least set up a limited version where people could just game and use the store, but i know that would never happen.

 

those are just the main things i dislike about teh system. and for all the times people here complain about others not looking into the system before buying it. i at least did and this is why i'm skipping it.


The share button doesn't bother me, but I would like to see a USB option in the near future.  As for the console itself:  It seem sturdy enough, but I don't have young kids around and no one plays it but me here.  My boys play their 360s and my wife doesn't play at all. 


Isn't there already a USB option for the share button 

Message 63 of 508 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/10/2014
Offline
1029 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Problem is everyone wants to be a mini Rambo. Shooters sell here most in the US above everything else. Then you got your other games behind it. Now these shooters everyone wants are all the same different maps yes but same engine thats like 9 years old. And still buy millions of copies of this game. How can you risk something new knowing what I said above works. Why take the risk and go out of buisness when you can just creat a man a gun and another person to shoot at and it will sell millions.


This. Absolutely 100%. And that's what I struggle with. I'm 1/2 Business and 1/2 Programming in terms of my education, so I understand that 100%. And yet, it's also one of the most depressing things I've ever witnessed.

 


Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

I think PC gamers are more open minded when it comes to unique games. Examples include Goat Simulator and SCP Containment Breach.


 I think that's a yes and no. Mainly because I think what really happened is percentage. It's that by percentage, the console community is less open-minded due to over-saturation with people who basically just play shooters, and therefore because of opportunity cost, developers decide to move away from smaller markets.

 

A kind of, "Why work hard to sell this to a smaller group when we can release on the same system with less work and sell to a larger group?"

 

That kind of thing. PC doesn't have that kind of dauntingly polarizing opportunity cost brackets.

Message 64 of 508 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/30/2010
Online
2529 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

still like i said at least i looked into it before i bought and made my mind up. until this "social media generation" fad is done i'll just stick to my old days system.

Message 65 of 508 (187 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/06/2014
Offline
6399 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

still like i said at least i looked into it before i bought and made my mind up. until this "social media generation" fad is done i'll just stick to my old days system.


If the next Sony system is anything like this one, so will I . 

Message 66 of 508 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/06/2014
Offline
6399 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

LordDust wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

to me the only things that would ever make me consider a PS4 are the following:

*giving out a controller that doesn't have the share button, if it records stuff its kind of always doing this and eats the power use up.

*make the system more sturdy, especually if kids are around it. the current model seems a bit flimsy.

*set up a option for the share fuction to be shut off completely.

*bring back a usb wired option at least.

 

i would like the online policy changed or at least set up a limited version where people could just game and use the store, but i know that would never happen.

 

those are just the main things i dislike about teh system. and for all the times people here complain about others not looking into the system before buying it. i at least did and this is why i'm skipping it.


The share button doesn't bother me, but I would like to see a USB option in the near future.  As for the console itself:  It seem sturdy enough, but I don't have young kids around and no one plays it but me here.  My boys play their 360s and my wife doesn't play at all. 


Isn't there already a USB option for the share button 


Not that I am any way aware of.  

Message 67 of 508 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/30/2010
Online
2529 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014
to ShadowCrossXIV and Ness_and_Sonic about the PC, i think the reason PC has more of a sellection is because they are not going through a home system company. its just right to PC. most PC games even offer them for free. but when it comes to company like Sony they have to pay for the game to be put on the network and lose most rights to them.
Message 68 of 508 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/30/2012
Offline
231 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

LordDust wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

to me the only things that would ever make me consider a PS4 are the following:

*giving out a controller that doesn't have the share button, if it records stuff its kind of always doing this and eats the power use up.

*make the system more sturdy, especually if kids are around it. the current model seems a bit flimsy.

*set up a option for the share fuction to be shut off completely.

*bring back a usb wired option at least.

 

i would like the online policy changed or at least set up a limited version where people could just game and use the store, but i know that would never happen.

 

those are just the main things i dislike about teh system. and for all the times people here complain about others not looking into the system before buying it. i at least did and this is why i'm skipping it.


The share button doesn't bother me, but I would like to see a USB option in the near future.  As for the console itself:  It seem sturdy enough, but I don't have young kids around and no one plays it but me here.  My boys play their 360s and my wife doesn't play at all. 


Isn't there already a USB option for the share button 


Not that I am any way aware of.  


If u go to capture galley and click on a clip with the Options button it says move to USB

Message 69 of 508 (168 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/10/2014
Offline
1029 posts
 

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:
to ShadowCrossXIV,Ness_and_Sonic about the PC, i think the reason PC has more of a sellection is because they are not going through a home system company. its just right to PC. most PC games even offer them for free. but when it comes to company like Sony they have to pay for the game to be put on the network and lose most rights to them.

That's not true. I've read through it pretty well and contacts have confirmed for me that that is not the case. They have to pay for the liscensing fees, that's true, but they *do* keep rights to them. What it is is that the architectures aare normally hard to develop for. That's why the PS4 has been getting so much normally PC only support. Because it's much, much easier to develop for.

 

As far as the media generatation stuff, if you don't want a console for it (which I completely understand), why not simply not use it? It existing for other people doesn't make the console worse; it's just like how if you didn't want to play movies on the PS3, then just don't play movies. There are privacy settings that can block that stuff for a reason, you know...

Message 70 of 508 (165 Views)
0 Likes