I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014
Meh.
I think a lot of people, especially those who feel "cheated" anytime they get less than everything all at once should just stick to older consoles, or move onto PC games.
The only serious issue I have with the industry is how popular micro transactions and the "pay2win" model are becoming. Most my beef is with casual gamers really and how easily manipulated they are. If those pay models were not so lucrative we would get back on the right track, but noooo, your mothers don't mind putting down $4.99 for extra carrots on FarmVille every week.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 71 of 508 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
408 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Really?

It took a year and half for PS3 to get good titles, it's going to take less than a year for the PS4 and Polyphony said GT7 is around the corner for PS4 in late 2014/early 2015.

Message 72 of 508 (270 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

That's not true. I've read through it pretty well and contacts have confirmed for me that that is not the case. They have to pay for the liscensing fees, that's true, but they *do* keep rights to them. What it is is that the architectures aare normally hard to develop for. That's why the PS4 has been getting so much normally PC only support. Because it's much, much easier to develop for.

As far as the media generatation stuff, if you don't want a console for it (which I completely understand), why not simply not use it? It existing for other people doesn't make the console worse; it's just like how if you didn't want to play movies on the PS3, then just don't play movies. There are privacy settings that can block that stuff for a reason, you know...

i only said some. yoru right though they do keep most but the name of the series and all is bought by Sony making it hard for anyone else to get it unless they deal with both Sony and the game maker. in a way they do lose some rights to it.

as for your other question, i get what your saying but when the option is automatically recording for when you wanna use it (hences the what is ten minutes of past recording?) its always on and running. not evernyone wants this. also a few months ago i said that the streaming would also play into the online connection of people since its trying to do the recording and send your net connection into a server or room with tons of others doing the same.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 73 of 508 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Jul 12, 2014

but the social media features and the share button can both be completely ignored 

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 74 of 508 (266 Views)
Fender Bender
3297 posts

Jul 12, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Bull if you check game servers 90% of them are all shooters NES 90%. Companies may try new things but no one may but them. Goat simulatorl Summer sale what they sell 100 copies where your typical COD sold thousands,

But you don't always need "ooo... pretty colors" to be successful. I believe Minecraft proved it.

Anyway, I imagine SCP Six Eight Two would probably be a gateway for shooter fans to move into other genres once more progress is made on the game. If you want to understand what I am talking about, look up the game, then look into the SCP Containment Breach, which is the other game he is in.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 75 of 508 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

LordDust wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

to me the only things that would ever make me consider a PS4 are the following:

*giving out a controller that doesn't have the share button, if it records stuff its kind of always doing this and eats the power use up.

*make the system more sturdy, especually if kids are around it. the current model seems a bit flimsy.

*set up a option for the share fuction to be shut off completely.

*bring back a usb wired option at least.

i would like the online policy changed or at least set up a limited version where people could just game and use the store, but i know that would never happen.

those are just the main things i dislike about teh system. and for all the times people here complain about others not looking into the system before buying it. i at least did and this is why i'm skipping it.

The share button doesn't bother me, but I would like to see a USB option in the near future.  As for the console itself:  It seem sturdy enough, but I don't have young kids around and no one plays it but me here.  My boys play their 360s and my wife doesn't play at all. 

Isn't there already a USB option for the share button 

Not that I am any way aware of.  

Here is a video on how to get your shares to a USB its pretty easy a whole lot of people don't know u can do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAuHcLiUYZU

Message 76 of 508 (252 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

Jul 12, 2014

LordDust wrote:
Here is a video on how to get your shares to a USB its pretty easy a whole lot of people don't know u can do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAuHcLiUYZU

i actually meant to use the controller as a wired one and charge it at teh same time like on PS3 but thanks for offering this for the people who needed to knwo that also Dust.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 77 of 508 (244 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

I only said some. yoru right though they do keep most but the name of the series and all is bought by Sony making it hard for anyone else to get it unless they deal with both Sony and the game maker. in a way they do lose some rights to it.

as for your other question, i get what your saying but when the option is automatically recording for when you wanna use it (hences the what is ten minutes of past recording?) its always on and running. not evernyone wants this. also a few months ago i said that the streaming would also play into the online connection of people snce its trying to do the recording and send your net connection into a server or room with tons of others doing the same.

It's not bought by Sony at all. The only thing you're paying for basically is royalties to Sony for using their system and their network. It's kind of like steam in that way. You are free to put it on any other system that you want as long as you don't have a specific contract stating otherwise, and in standard liscensing contracts there's no language like that. Believe it or not developers have stated before that they liked Sony because they were more flexible and leniant with things like developer pushed updates for their consoles. They only lose rights if they sign a contract that they lose rights on.

As for the recording thing, yes, the console is always preparing to share, but isn't actually sharing unless you tell it to. However, it's not doing anything with it. Sony basically put enough extra power in the console that the console can (temporarily) record what you're doing offline just incase you want to use any of it, and also play the games you like to play. I mean, you could turn it off, but it won't make a difference other than perhaps the one video worth of HD space that it's saving. It won't harm your connection if you don't share it, in fact, it won'd do anything other than sit on your HD. With proper privacy settings, the only thing that will make you notice it is the existence of said share button.

Message 78 of 508 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

LordDust wrote:

i actually meant to use the controller as a wired one and charge it at teh same time like on PS3 but thanks for offering this for the people who needed to knwo that also Dust.

you can 

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 79 of 508 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4843 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

LordDust wrote:

I have 2 PS4 controllers, and one is still unopened and in the box on my game shelf.  I've had no need to open the second controller because (unfortunately) by PS4 doesn't get used enough to warrant having a second controller charged and ready to use.  I paid like 50 bucks for that extra controller, thinking I'd need it, but there it sits in its box and has been since the day I got my PS4 back in March.  At this rate, I'll never need it.  

Message 80 of 508 (232 Views)
0 Likes