I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Re: Not getting ps4, Sony too out of touch

Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

I have 2 PS4 controllers, and one is still unopened and in the box on my game shelf.  I've had no need to open the second controller because (unfortunately) by PS4 doesn't get used enough to warrant having a second controller charged and ready to use.  I paid like 50 bucks for that extra controller, thinking I'd need it, but there it sits in its box and has been since the day I got my PS4 back in March.  At this rate, I'll never need it.  

Just curious, have you given Trine 2: Complete Story a try?

Message 81 of 508 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

It's not bought by Sony at all. The only thing you're paying for basically is royalties to Sony for using their system and their network. It's kind of like steam in that way. You are free to put it on any other system that you want as long as you don't have a specific contract stating otherwise, and in standard liscensing contracts there's no language like that. Believe it or not developers have stated before that they liked Sony because they were more flexible and leniant with things like developer pushed updates for their consoles. They only lose rights if they sign a contract that they lose rights on.

As for the recording thing, yes, the console is always preparing to share, but isn't actually sharing unless you tell it to. However, it's not doing anything with it. Sony basically put enough extra power in the console that the console can (temporarily) record what you're doing offline just incase you want to use any of it, and also play the games you like to play. I mean, you could turn it off, but it won't make a difference other than perhaps the one video worth of HD space that it's saving. It won't harm your connection if you don't share it, in fact, it won'd do anything other than sit on your HD. With proper privacy settings, the only thing that will make you notice it is the existence of said share button.

yeah but even so when people are online and do it it does play into the connection. anything you do online feeds off your connection. like on PS3 for example. whne your in a fighting game and go to the messages on your system it slows down the connection. and i have seen that happen. just like using a mic on a figher makes it slow down.

you might not notice it on a war game since they are set up the same and unless you have very bad connection you won't notice but any otehr game it can be.

as for the discussion on rights and all i'll admit i was wrong on that one. you hear so many companies doing this you come to think its normal. but i'm sure they mess with them some way, what big company doesn't now-a-days?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 82 of 508 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4339 posts

Jul 12, 2014

ShadowCrossXIV wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

I have 2 PS4 controllers, and one is still unopened and in the box on my game shelf.  I've had no need to open the second controller because (unfortunately) by PS4 doesn't get used enough to warrant having a second controller charged and ready to use.  I paid like 50 bucks for that extra controller, thinking I'd need it, but there it sits in its box and has been since the day I got my PS4 back in March.  At this rate, I'll never need it.  

Just curious, have you given Trine 2: Complete Story a try?

Yea, got it on PS+.  Played it through twice already.  It's an okay game if you like puzzles.  

Message 83 of 508 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2014
I told you this in the last anti PlayStation 4 post you made, you don't have all facts right about Playstation 4. You infact can plug in your PlayStation 4 controller in the USB ports and still Play video games. I game and charge my wireless gold headsets through USB ports. Don't believe me ask the 9 Million gamers who bought a PlayStation 4. If you ever need any information on PlayStation 4 ask any MVP, Mod or Me for 100% facts.
Message 84 of 508 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25748 posts

Jul 12, 2014

stalemate666 wrote:

So yeah pretty much everything Sony has done with the vita since launch has convinced me not to get a ps4. That's really the only reason (other then my backlog) Sony has just made one stupidly horrible deceision after another, they started cashing shooters again and obviously have no idea how to advertise anything else. wiiU hardware sucks and XB1 has horrible policies so I'll either sit this gen out or get gaming PC, unless Sony stops being so stupid. 

Honestly though I'm really hating direction the industry is going.

-Charging for updates and making less and less content for games because they can just charge for it later as DLC

-Making budgets even bigger making games even less unique and even more "casualized" 

-Completely ignoring genres despite obvious and repeated examples that people want them 

-Charging for online

-Insane prices for renting games digitally... 

-Chasing after candy crush and call of duty... 

Yeah too much stupidity in the industry, and Sony is no exception, before they were the best of a bad bunch but they are getting worse and I just can't support this stupidity even longer. 

I always love how they say "Sony is out of touch", and then list the things that have nothing to do with them. If the industry was run the way these guys think it should be run, everyone would be broke inside of six months.

Message 85 of 508 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

Re: Re:

Jul 12, 2014

blingman88 wrote:
@VorxDargo

I told you this in the last anti PlayStation 4 post you made, you don't have all facts right about Playstation 4. You infact can plug in your PlayStation 4 controller in the USB ports and still Play video games. I game and charge my wireless gold headsets through USB ports. Don't believe me ask the 7 Million gamers who bought a PlayStation 4. If you ever need any information on PlayStation 4 ask any MVP, Mod or Me for 100% facts.

well that's one plus then, but like i said until this social media fad is done i'll be skipping the new gens. and clearly i'm not alone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 86 of 508 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4339 posts

Jul 12, 2014

blingman88 wrote:
@VorxDargo

I told you this in the last anti PlayStation 4 post you made, you don't have all facts right about Playstation 4. You infact can plug in your PlayStation 4 controller in the USB ports and still Play video games. I game and charge my wireless gold headsets through USB ports. Don't believe me ask the 7 Million gamers who bought a PlayStation 4. If you ever need any information on PlayStation 4 ask any MVP, Mod or Me for 100% facts.

You would have to sit right in front of your television to play that way.  The cord isn't that long.  

Message 87 of 508 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Jul 12, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:

yeah but even so when people are online and do it it does play into the connection. anything you do online feeds off your connection. like on PS3 for example. whne your in a fighting game and go to the messages on your system it slows down the connection. and i have seen that happen. just like using a mic on a figher makes it slow down.

you might not notice it on a war game since they are set up the same and unless you have very bad connection you won't notice but any otehr game it can be.

as for the discussion on rights and all i'll admit i was wrong on that one. you hear so many companies doing this you come to think its normal. but i'm sure they mess with them some way, what big company doesn't now-a-days?

What you're saying about messages and mic is understandable, though that's weird it affects it so badly. Messages are not stored on the system itself, they are loaded from online (it's why they stay sync'd), so every time the PS3 loads a message, it actually pulls those from the Internet. Not sure if the PS4 does (it probably doesn't need to, since it has enough RAM to store messages at the same time). As for a mic, yes, that also uses your internet.

What I'm saying is that the record feature is handled 100% offline, so if you never press the share button, none of that data ever gets involved with the Internet. It's basically like a DVR on your Cable/Satilliete box.

As for rights, you're right that most companies do nowadays. But I will say that if they do, it's in ways that I haven't really heard of yet. lol

Message 88 of 508 (166 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

Feels like i'm the only one who's really happy with the ps4 

i bought it on day one knowing what i was getting into and i completely love it i didn't expect too much coming right out the box and i'm completely happy with it and have gotten tons of hours off of it with 0 issues 

most of the hate i see comes from people who literally just bought into the hype and now call it the indiestation4 because they don't know what open platform means 

i've enjoyed almost every game i've bought for it and while it hasn't gotten any outstanding exclusives aside from infamous second son i've enjoyed a hell of a lot of great 3rd party games on it 

I didn't think i would use the share button that much or at all but i have mainly for wallpapers and some funny bugs but still i'm really happy with it 

sure i might not be able to change the background on it or listen to music but that's not what i bought the console for i bought it for video games and i've done just that with it. 

i feel most of the things you're complaining about isn't just the ps4 but the gaming industry as a whole except two things

charging for online- i can see how people would hate this, personally as someone who doesn't play much if any online multiplayer games i'm completely fine with it and i feel that plus is a really good deal. Yeah you don't technically own any of

them but i don't technically own ANY of the games i buy on steam but i don't hear anything about that 

insane prices for renting games digitally- well 1: beta is beta and things are highly likely to change and 2: that's not sony making the prices it's the devs themselves so there's no point in yelling at sony about that anyway 

if you don't like the ps4 fine whatever, i just feel like most of the reasons people have listed in this thread are pretty ridiculous 

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 89 of 508 (165 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

You would have to sit right in front of your television to play that way.  The cord isn't that long.  

It's simply a standard Micro-USB though. They switched to this standard because the cables are high-quality and ridiculously inexpensive, and also usually the same used on smartphones. For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10FT-Black-Data-USB-Cable-Cord-Charger-for-Micro-USB-Cell-Phones-/1910437715...

Something like this would likely be all you need. (Don't take my word 100%, but according to the controller specs, this would be the correct cable.)

Message 90 of 508 (151 Views)