Jun 11 2013
By: ck2875 PlayStation MVP 3148 posts

[OFFICIAL E3] GTA V Pulse Headset Discussion

20 replies 2220 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

PlayStation®E3 2013

Limited Edition GTA V Sony Pulse Headset Announced 

SCEA has officially revealed a GTA V Limited Edition of the Sony Pulse Headset. 

GTA Pulse

Get the ultimate audio advantage with a new PS3 headset featuring BassImpact technology*. Dive deep into the action with 7.1 virtual surround sound* and BassImpact triggered pulses that deliver a previously unimaginable level of immersion, making you acutely aware of your surroundings. Detect the footfalls of approaching enemies before you see them, feel the blowback from a massive explosion, or mobilize your squad using a crystal clear, noise-cancelling hidden mic. Get easy access to controls and preset modes created with gamers needs specifically in mind. Try connecting with your PS®Vita or your mobile device for an amazing on-the-go experience.

PS3 Bundle

Additionally, there will be a 500 GB PS3 GTA V Bundle released.

What do you guys think of these GTA branded headsets? Do you like the way the GTA branding was implemented into the existing Pulse Headset design?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (2,220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: [OFFICIAL E3] GTA V Pulse Headset Discussion

Jun 11, 2013

They look neat.

Though, I'm a little skeptical about the description. Either it is actually capable of doing those things, or it's just to amp up sales.

I'll pass on the PS3 bundle though.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (2,201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2929 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I have the regular pulse elites and they are awesome in terms of sound,  I dont use the bassimpact feature that often but it is kinda neat in shooters, you really can detect enemy footsteps and the explosions rumble like crazy.  I've also heard from other users I game with that mic is crystal clear and way better than the standard bluetooth headsets.  The preset modes designed specificly for certain games is also neat so its nice to hear theyre making more of those since currently the only title supporting this is BIoshock Infinite. I do like the color scheme though and it kinda makes me wish I didn't already own the pulse elites so I could pick up those.  The problem with pulse elites is you need the dongle to power them and theres a major design flaw that I would've liked to have seen addressed before another version.

pulse.jpg

The area I circled is just plastic and even with babying these things after a few months they start to develop hairline cracks and some users have reported the entire earpiece eventualy breaking off.  I have to take them on and off very gently and the cracks still show up.  They still look awesome and sound great but yeah just thought I'd put that flaw out there.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (2,179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

Jun 11, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

I have the regular pulse elites and they are awesome in terms of sound,  I dont use the bassimpact feature that often but it is kinda neat in shooters, you really can detect enemy footsteps and the explosions rumble like crazy.  I've also heard from other users I game with that mic is crystal clear and way better than the standard bluetooth headsets.  The preset modes designed specificly for certain games is also neat so its nice to hear theyre making more of those since currently the only title supporting this is BIoshock Infinite. I do like the color scheme though and it kinda makes me wish I didn't already own the pulse elites so I could pick up those.  The problem with pulse elites is you need the dongle to power them and theres a major design flaw that I would've liked to have seen addressed before another version.

pulse.jpg

The area I circled is just plastic and even with babying these things after a few months they start to develop hairline cracks and some users have reported the entire earpiece eventualy breaking off.  I have to take them on and off very gently and the cracks still show up.  They still look awesome and sound great but yeah just thought I'd put that flaw out there.

I also own the regular pulse elite headsets. Used them for GT for tonight's E3 so was surprised to see the GTA headphones.

Overall same as the above, I've heard about the cracks havent run into any yet though. Great sound quality.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (2,174 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2929 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Gadirok wrote:

I also own the regular pulse elite headsets. Used them for GT for tonight's E3 so was surprised to see the GTA headphones.

Overall same as the above, I've heard about the cracks havent run into any yet though. Great sound quality.

Yeah, you just have to be very careful removing them.  I've had mine since November 2012 and I baby them but after hearing the report of the cracks I took a close look and I have 2 hairline ones, both on the side that I tend to lift first when removing.  So just be extra careful.  They're easily missed just by looking but you can definitely feel them if you run your finger over it.  They should've tapered out there instead of in or put in some reinforcement but they still have great sound quality and features.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (2,172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3496 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Pretty cool! been meaning to pick a pair of these up so maybe i'll wait for this one.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (2,165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3148 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I really do love my pair of normal (i.e. I'm not cool enough to have GTA branding) Pulse Elites. The sound is amazing and it mimics 7.1 surround extremely well. My only complaint is with the battery, as it doesn't seem to last very long. I end up sitting with a USB cable plugged in to charge them while I'm using them.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (2,162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2929 posts

Jun 11, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

I really do love my pair of normal (i.e. I'm not cool enough to have GTA branding) Pulse Elites. The sound is amazing and it mimics 7.1 surround extremely well. My only complaint is with the battery, as it doesn't seem to last very long. I end up sitting with a USB cable plugged in to charge them while I'm using them.

Yeah I had to do that tonight when I was using them to watch the Sony conference, luckily I picked up a 12ft usb cable :smileyhappy:  Besides the design flaw I do really like the ease of use and features on these headsets, especially being able to adjust the levels of game sounds and users voices.  Theyre pretty comfortable to wear in relation to standard bluetooth headsets.  Even with my issue I still might just pick up a second pair, in GTA 5 style of course :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (2,151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13841 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Yes, Sony was the only one to mention GTA V. Which BTW, is one of the biggest current gen releases of the year. IDK what to think of the game bundle though. A PS3 price drop would have been a better announcement IMO. Still if you don't own a PS3 yet and want GTA V...there ya go.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (2,138 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I'll be buying that GTA V system.   :smileywink:

Play Games to "RELAX"
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (2,075 Views)
0 Likes