Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Re: [OFFICIAL E3] New Vita Titles Discussion

Jun 13, 2013

seems like they really are giving up on vita  and making it a ps4 accessory.  Sad, I was hoping to see wariors lair at least.  I guess that was canceled, lame.

Message 71 of 92 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2522 posts

Jun 13, 2013

RGPFan's Hands-On Impressions about Destiny of Spirits makes it sound like one of those $0.99 iPhone games. I'm afraid those of us who were waiting for something remotely close to a JRPG will have to keep on waiting, social games will never be anything other than...well, social games~.

Message 72 of 92 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I can't  wait for Walking Dead ; 400 days

Message 73 of 92 (324 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 13, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

RGPFan's Hands-On Impressions about Destiny of Spirits makes it sound like one of those $0.99 iPhone games. I'm afraid those of us who were waiting for something remotely close to a JRPG will have to keep on waiting, social games will never be anything other than...well, social games~.

Not sure that's completely a fair assessment. As the guy states, non interacting is optional - I actually think it's a good thing that there is auto-attack, as it's rather annoying when games don't have it.

If you want to learn more about the game, I suggest you watch the GameSpot Stage Demo from yesterday:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/destiny-of-spirits-6410066/

It's too early to tell, but I think it will appeal to JRPG fans once you start getting into the deeper battles, as spirit types and resistances will matter and battles will actually require input.

That being said, I'm not completely sold on it. Not just because I'm not a huge JRPG fan, but I do question the reliance on geolocation and social connections. I do not travel a lot and I'm not one of those people that like friending random people. If the DoS friends are separate from PSN friends, then maybe, but otherwise, I think I'll wind up stopping the game once that becomes a necessity to progress. We'll see.

Message 74 of 92 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I hope the Vita can have some sort of future cause its a cool piece of hardware, but this E3 made it look bleak for the system. I can't think of anything besides Mercenary that interests me.
Message 75 of 92 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:
I hope the Vita can have some sort of future cause its a cool piece of hardware, but this E3 made it look bleak for the system. I can't think of anything besides Mercenary that interests me.

Man agree with you on this and its a shame really.  The 3DS on the other hand?  Wow, lots of stuff I'mlooking forward to this year and next for sure.  C'mon Sony I know you can do better than making it a PS4 accessory, and ps2/ps3 game port device.  Indies are great, but even then they are only gonna take you so far

Message 76 of 92 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Waitin for Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Message 77 of 92 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 17, 2013

celleloo wrote:

Although they didin't show a gameplay video, the screenshots shown at E3 were amazing! I was worried about a side-scrolling spin-off, but I'm really looking forward to both BAO games now!

Message 78 of 92 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jun 17, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

celleloo wrote:

Although they didin't show a gameplay video, the screenshots shown at E3 were amazing! I was worried about a side-scrolling spin-off, but I'm really looking forward to both BAO games now!

Here you go.

Message 79 of 92 (159 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Thank you, Unenthusiastic Vita shipjumpers. But that list looks pretty cool to me, plus plenty of games anyways (Just bought Star Wars Pinball and enjoy it already!) I'm pretty excited for the coming year and the rest of this one, Counterspy looks totally epic. (or sounds at least, its a pretty awesome concept) I'm not gonna start a debate about 3DS vs. Vita but all I can say is that people whining about how much the Vita sucks and the game list is bad doesn't exactly help Sony get Devs to make games just sayin' 

Message 80 of 92 (153 Views)
0 Likes