Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: [OFFICIAL E3] Press Conference Live Stream Discussion

Jun 12, 2013

don't worry there will be plenty to play and enjoy ps vita and ps4 can do cross play so if the developers are on board to allow cross play with vita i'd say it will be a LARGE selection of games.

Please use plain text.
Message 251 of 261 (434 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1014 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

SpdrGrl09 wrote:

Sophronia wrote:

SpdrGrl09 wrote:

I missed some of the conference because unexpected company dropped by and I was chatting with them for a bit.  If it's true about having to have Plus to be online, I'm not sure if I'll get a PS4 or not.  Everything else about the conference I like especially the cross game chat.  Friends don't always have the same games I do and it would be nice to chat with them even though we're playing different games. 

PlayStation Plus is required to play multi-player games online; along with internet and a PSN account, obviously. However, you can freely play single-player games without needing a PlayStation Plus membership. You should be able to re-watch the show right now and catch up - it was pretty cool!

One of the best aspects to this is that our current PlayStation Plus subscription carries over from PS3 to PS VITA and PS4.

I know Plus is required to play multi player games online.  If Plus is required to play multi player games online then there isn't any point to me being online in the first place.  As it stands now, I'm not going to rush out and buy a PS4 at launch.  The reason I chose PSN in the first place was that it was free to play online. 

Spdr,

Maybe think of it like this...  For about the cost of 1 new game annually, you're guarenteed (at least I hope)  a much more robust, stable network environment than we currently have.    that is IF Sony spends that money wisely.  

To me, it will be like having another bill to worry about paying.  I know it's a yearly fee but it will still be something that I will have to worry about renewing if I want to continue to play online whereas before there was never a fee.  Except with certain games - like Mortal Kombat - that required an online pass to play online.  I got my online pass free since I preordered the game but anyone who wanted to play it on their consoles couldn't play because they had to pay. 

And that is another concern I have.  Since we would have to pay for Plus to play multi player, would game developers still charge a fee for an online pass to play their game or will that be a thing of the past?  I'm still on the fence about getting a PS4.  Even if I don't I definitely won't be going with XBox or Nintendo.  Playstation has ALWAYS had more of the games I like to play and playing online for free was a bonus. 

Please use plain text.
Message 252 of 261 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 13, 2013
You guys are looking into this whole pay for online. With paying we get more features and more add ons and DLC. If you do that math I think the yearly bill for PS plus will be about 50 divide the by 12 months. That is like 4$ a months it is **bleep** cheap .

I do believe that most of the games will be online pass free once Subscriptions take place. I know for a fact EA is getting ride of there online passes. So other companies may follow.
Please use plain text.
Message 253 of 261 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I heard through a friend that did the E3 expo in Home that the ps4 will be backwards compatible with ps3, ps2 and ps1 games. Is that true or just rumor?

Please use plain text.
Message 254 of 261 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jun 14, 2013

xjusttaey wrote:

I heard through a friend that did the E3 expo in Home that the ps4 will be backwards compatible with ps3, ps2 and ps1 games. Is that true or just rumor?

yes....but not right away and it'll be streaming from Gaikai

Please use plain text.
Message 255 of 261 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Please be backwards compatible Sony....PPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSEE!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 256 of 261 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 15, 2013
i agree with you. no used game fee because now your basically buying a game annually @ the cost of fifty dollars anyway. i could care less about video share and cross chat. i bought the eye toy and used it three times to talk to friends. most people who don't mind the fee have parents footing the bill. i do not need another bill to pay, if i want to cross chat i'll call my "real friends" via cell. real question now, why are they turning video game consoles into cell phones? all these apps and chatting. and did everyone forget that once you cancel ps+ all free games go with it, besides the fact that 80% of the free games suck, even the 3 new free games for ps4 looks uninspiring. i remember sony said that you shouldn't have to pay for multiplayer when ps3 first came out. you can keep your ps4 with your skinny jeans, dub step, and lil' wayne. i'm done after this gen.
Please use plain text.
Message 257 of 261 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jun 16, 2013

While most PS4 games' multiplayer will be behind the PS+ paywall, you can still play online for free on Blacklight: Retribution, DC Universe Online and Planetside 2!

OH and btw, Blacklight: Retribution looks freaking awesome, check it out!

Please use plain text.
Message 258 of 261 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 17, 2013

love sony

Please use plain text.
Message 259 of 261 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son